SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Voter Fraud Possible Cure.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Voter Fraud Possible Cure. Reply with quote

I have been thinking about thes fraud problem. I think a possible cure would be to send people out to the voting sites with digital cameras. Anyone with a Kerry Sticker on the car take a picture of their license number. Let them see you doing it. I know in Michigan the numbers on the plate can determine what county they are from. It seems to me that if someone is committing fraud they will not go in there twice or more if they feel that somehow there is evidence against then when that could be prosecuted for their fraud.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I maded a similar suggestion a week or so ago. To commit fraud by voting more than once the person will have to travel to more than one location. I assume that polling locations are 10 to 30 minutes apart. When you count time in line, time voting, time traveling from location to location -- I estimate the most one person can actually vote at a polling place is once every 30 minutes --- polls are open 12 hours, this means one person = 24 votes. In states where the races are tight ---within 1,000 votes this means that 42 people would have to be in on this fraud. But of course it can't really stop with just 42 people because how can they be sure 1,000 false votes would be enough? 84 people, 126? 168? 210? Of course this activity has to be coordinated with the DNC and pollsters to know where they need the voters.

I hope that the GOP already knows the 42 activitists looney enough to risk jail to perform this activity. Can 42 people keep a secret? Certainly one of them will brag about such an activity. I do agree with your idea for the their to be volunteers at each polling place with cameras to watch this very activity.

I always vote first thing in the morning. I make sure that they mark my name off the list. I look at their procedure. My experience is that most polling locations have a person from each party working the location. However, areas heavy for one party or the other this is sometimes difficult to arrange. My suggestion --- volunteer to work a polling place, or volunteer with the GOP to agree to help monitor a polling location.(assuming you live in a swing state)
Boundless
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Voter Fraud Possible Cure. Reply with quote

Whatever else you do, first protect your own ballot.

Will you be turned away on November 2nd?
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="jataylor11"] My suggestion --- volunteer to work a polling place, or volunteer with the GOP to agree to help monitor a polling location.(assuming you live in a swing state)[/quote]

Don't assume anything in any state. Evil or Very Mad
vet_supporter
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Clinton people rigged the voting with the so-called Motor Voter act. This act needs to be repealed as it opened the door for fraud.

In addition, Picture ID should be required. This could be done at the elections supers office. Afterall, the system is in place with the DMV. Are there any states that don't have a picture license anymore?

If a person is honest, having a picture ID voter registration card shouldn't be a problem and it can and should be free. Afterall if Sam's Club can put your picture on your membership card, we aren't talking rocket science here.

Absentee ballots should be curtailed for a genuine need other than too lazy to go stand in line at the polls and more heavily scrutinized for duplicates, fraudulent addresses, felons and dead people. If they were subject to a serious validation process, the urge to commit fraud would be reduced.

Then, actually prosecuting people who commit fraud. Prosecuting people who vote more than once. Prosecuting ineligble voters such as felons for voting illegally. With every other crime, they always say ignorance of the law is no excuse; of couse unless you have a D party affiliation.

Right now, everyone needs to be flooding your local election supervisor and the state equivalent, e.g. Secretary of State, with demands that voter fraud be identfied and eliminated before the Nov. 2 election. It's not too late. People apathy is why officials such as that Colorado person can allow illegal votes to be placed. That person should be the subject of a recall.

Then, start hitting Congress to change the laws. If we don't do anything, it will only get worse.

VS
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other thing needs to be done. People involved in registration drives should not be allowed to do it for money. This sort of fraud is going to be found all over the country. Fox was saying the PA messed up on their absentee ballots. Nader is supposed to be included and half of them had Naders name and the other half didn't. There's a possiblility this could mean it will be a couple of weeks before PA's election can be verified.
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some arrests before election day could put a damper on their enthusiasm. They're cowards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: