SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Terror in the Skies, Again?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Terror in the Skies, Again? Reply with quote

http://www.womenswallstreet.com/WWS/article_landing.aspx?titleid=1&articleid=711
Terror in the Skies, Again?
By Annie Jacobsen

A WWS Exclusive Article
Note from the E-ditors: You are about to read an account of what happened during a domestic flight that one of our writers, Annie Jacobsen, took from Detroit to Los Angeles. The WWS Editorial Team debated long and hard about how to handle this information and ultimately we decided it was something that should be shared.

~snip
The plane landed. My husband and I gathered our bags and quickly, very quickly, walked up the jetway. As we exited the jetway and entered the airport, we saw many, many men in dark suits. A few yards further out into the terminal, LAPD agents ran past us, heading for the gate. I have since learned that the representatives of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD), the Federal Air Marshals (FAM), and the Transportation Security Association (TSA) met our plane as it landed. Several men -- who I presume were the federal air marshals on board -- hurried off the plane and directed the 14 men over to the side.

> Long read, 6+ pages when I downloaded to my puter, so not sure if I should post the article.
Snippets just can't tell the chilling story.

It's about a possible 'trial-run' by terrorists on June 29, 2004 on Northwest Airlines flight #327 from Detroit to Los Angeles.

Remember after 911 -- the incident with actor James Woods -- he had been on a flight that the 911 terrorists were using as a rehearsal, which was confirmed by FBI. Transcript of an interview http://prisonplanet.com/transcript_actor_james_woods.html

djv
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until I saw that article, I thought the air transporation system (in the US) would be the safest on election day and the week leading up to the election. Sad
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty scary!

Profiling has long been a law enforcement tactic used to identify and track down criminals. Still is.

But not to protect us from terrorists. Mad

Someone might be offended. Confused

What a crock!!!!
hist/student
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

retracted

Last edited by hist/student on Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total
djv
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the fact that someone might have noticed before the flight and had several air marshalls on the flight help?

For me, it does and it doesn't. Think of an all out fight between a dozen or more men and several air marshalls. Crying or Very sad
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was curious why there were so many air marshalls on that flight...good point....maybe someone did notice ahead of time.
Proud Marine Mom
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's really frightening is the no "BS" response from TSA about the restaurants. Being viglant and voicing your concerns when your "in-flight" would be awful especially with that outcome.
I had an awful experience when I flew from Virginia to LAX, and YES I was profiling, and thought this man should be checked out.... I'm sorry I just don't trust anyone that looks mideastern and suspicious.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proud Marine Mom wrote:
What's really frightening is the no "BS" response from TSA about the restaurants. Being viglant and voicing your concerns when your "in-flight" would be awful especially with that outcome.
I had an awful experience when I flew from Virginia to LAX, and YES I was profiling, and thought this man should be checked out.... I'm sorry I just don't trust anyone that looks mideastern and suspicious.

Actually I thing we need to form a new organization. The American Civil Protections Union.

The ACPU would support with the help of all right thinking Americans:

1. Mandatory National Identification Cards with a DNA bank and Biotech ID capability.

2. Mandatory ethnic profiling for 1st generation immigrants.

3. A National database of all criminal activity of every resident.

4. Laws that protect, in absolute terms, this information unless it poses a risk, as defined by the courts and only the courts, to national or personal physical security.

In otherwords this information would be made available to national security and law enforcement agencies but only for the purposes of prevention of crimes of personal violence and not prosecution. Tax, financial crimes, or crimes against federal or state regulations could not be included in the database unless such rules go to personal security.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The ACPU would support with the help of all right thinking Americans

AMEN To your ideal ASPB

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: