SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why Is A CBS Journalist Allowed To Moderate 3rd Debate????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Why Is A CBS Journalist Allowed To Moderate 3rd Debate???? Reply with quote

I am curious why a CBS journalist (Bob Schieffer) is being allowed
to moderate the 3rd debate??

In light of CBS and the related controversy about their bias AGAINST
President Bush, why would he not step down and ask for a replacement
in the name of fairness??? Question

Also, if you follow the CBS newsman's commentary he is all over the
place and DEFINITELY not objective about Bush. Exclamation Evil or Very Mad

Why doesn't some of the OTHER MEDIA complain?? Question Question

I am just asking. Is it just me?? Question

Trying to have a great day. Confused
Mary Ann Parker
Gray Temples
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: A Pro-Schieffer Scool of Thought Reply with quote

Maybe, just maybe Bob S. will select questions that are balanced and tough on each Debater.....this instead of doing a Lehrer-style approach i.e. softballs to Kerry and hardballs to Bush

If Bob S. is excessively tough to Bush, Bob S.'s partisanship will be quite obvious....CBS is in recovery mode and Bob S. has a few years left....maybe he will be Rather's replacement for a few years
scs
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lopsided, biased interviewer against Bush doesn't need to be a bad thing because people are either voting for Bush, against Bush, or against Kerry. The only people who are actually voting for Kerry are probably just the members of his immediate family.

The votes Kerry will receive are due largely to the bias and lies spread by the mainstream media and the entertainment industry. By being hammered with questions based on the same content people hate Bush on, Bush can present the other side of the position. It might be the first time they've ever heard the other side presented! Since no one likes Kerry anyway, Kerry could recite the lyrics to the Brady Bunch theme song without anyone even batting an eye. Bush, on the other hand, could be confronted with some wacked-out Michael Moore rant and defeat it. That could be enough to sway a few anti-Bush voters to either a) Vote for Bush, or b) Reduce their hatred of Bush to the point that they won't be as likely to get out and vote on November 2.

This assumes, of course, that we see a return of Bush from debate #2. If that disaster-of-a-debator Bush from debate #1 returns then all bets are off. I'd still rather see an interviewer from another leftist source like ABC, NBC, PBS, NPR, or CNN instead of See-BS due to their egregious recent examples bias on the memos and that internet draft hoax email.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: