SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interview with Swiftvet George Elliot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Interview with Swiftvet George Elliot Reply with quote

Dean over at Dean's World has posted another interview, this time with George Elliot.

Quote:
DW: The Boston Globe's Michael Kranish accused you of changing your story on Senator Kerry, and claimed you retracted part of your accusations. Can you tell me about that incident?

GE: Yes. When Michael Kranish called that day he had my affidavit which was required to be signed in order to get the book published and to get the commercials on the air. And he referred to a phrase in that affidavit where I said that I was never informed that he had simply shot a wounded Viet Cong in the back. Now those words "shot in the back," those words sort of stuck in my craw because it was reminiscent of Warsh's words that all he had done was execute a Viet Cong. That was the sole issue I had. Quite frankly it was a true statement even with that in there. I was never informed he had simply shot a wounded Viet Cong in the back. But again the phrasing had the harshness of a war crime.

Boston Globe biography of KerryHowever, if you read Kranish's own interview with John Kerry as published in the Boston Globe, or the biography of John Kerry by "the reporters who knew him best," on page 102 you will read in Kerry's own words in describing the events of that day, and there is no way any rational person could conclude that John Kerry did anything other than shoot a fleeing man in the back.

Quote:
DW: Do you endorse everything in John O'Neill's book about the Senator? For example, specifically in chapter 4, the book accuses him of more or less murdering a child in Viet Nam.

GE: The Sampan Incident? Sir, I can put you in touch with the man who actually pulled the trigger on that child that night. He's now one of our members. His name is Steve Gardner. His testimony of the event is the basis for that part of the book, and I believe O'Neill characterizes it as a tragedy, but it was also a false report that John Kerry submitted about that incident.

The rest of the interview is great, too. Dean writes that he'll soon be interviewing Steve Gardner. Watch for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: