SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Garafolo, Baldwin, Sarandon, and Michael Moore.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coolhand
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Garafolo, Baldwin, Sarandon, and Michael Moore..... Reply with quote

.....all die in Matt Parker and Trey Stone's new movie Team America. Not for the faint of heart or highly sensitive, Team America is a crude, audacious, highly offensive and most importantly politically incorrect movie. The filmakers are closet libertarians who lean right. The key is that they are not percieved as political and they are extremely popular with the youth vote. They will attack the right and the left, but they really make liberals look foolish. I think this will gross millions and the left is starting to get pissed.

http://teenvote.dailykos.com/story/2004/10/11/1463/0260

Sean Penn wrote Parker and Stone an open hate mail letter. Hell any movie that lets me watch puppets of American soldiers kill Susan Sarandon, Alec Baldwin and Janeane Garofalo that might get some of the youth vote to rethink Michale Moore cant be a bad thing.

Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, this takes me back to my youth, the days of Fireball XL-5 and the Thunderbirds!! I have to see it!

Wouldn't a Michael Moore marionette need three people to operate it's collosal bulk?
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather spend time with a libertarian than a liberal. They are consistent in their opinions. The only problem is that libertarians forget that while all human beings are flawed --- some are flawed with socially irresponsibility. The socially irresponsible are not mature enough to live in a true libertarian society.

I guess I might go see this movie after all. My boycott of the loudmouth liberals has reduced my movie selection to the old black and whites. Most of these actors are dead so their opinions can't offend me.

I'd rather watch Jimmy Stewart over Sean Penn any day.
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I have no deathwish for Americas elitist seditious class, total discreditation and humiliation would be satisfactory.
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P. Aaron wrote:
While I have no deathwish for Americas elitist seditious class, total discreditation and humiliation would be satisfactory.

I agree. We can't go around wishing people would die. But watching a puppet likeness die does bring a smile to my face.

Even though I am against such things I wonder if I could keep from smiling if Moore actually was killed in a particularly gruesome way (harpooned?).

Just call it a personal weakness of mine. I promise to confess my wrongdoing and repent should I have cause to smile.

Just saying "harpooned" made me smile. I am at least one quart low on virtue today.

Sam
dcrhere
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I saw it, and I was laughing so hard I could hardly see the screen. First and foremost, it's a parody of every Bruckheimer film ever made (some of the dialog is lifted intact from "Pearl Harbor" and "Armageddon"), but when it turns to Hollywood liberals, it is merciless. After this, you will not be able to listen to Matt Damon or Alec Baldwin and not snicker.

It also contains the rudest and most scatalogical, yet somehow appropriate, explanations of America's foreign policy. You'll know it when you see it.

I told my wife that this movie just might be the October surprise. Funny as hell, but definitely not for the faint of heart.
coolhand
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcrhere wrote:

I told my wife that this movie just might be the October surprise. Funny as hell, but definitely not for the faint of heart.

Sometimes the suprises come where we least expect it. I cant wait to see it. Peopel are trying to out do Michael Moore on his terms. Now these two conservative clowns deliver a knock down blow.
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saying "harpooned" and "Michael Moore" in the same context seems apropos.

"Michael Moore": the modern "great white whale".
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hondo wrote:
Saying "harpooned" and "Michael Moore" in the same context seems apropos.

"Michael Moore": the modern "great white whale".

"Moby Moore"! Why its enough to make me as O/C as Gregory Peck. "Don't stop me now Captain. I got my blood lust up."

Sam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: