SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Debate thoughts.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MissouriVeteransDaughter
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Debate thoughts. Reply with quote

Even though the MSM is trying to act like tonight's debate might "decide it all" as far as the Presidential race goes, I can't help but think that there are only about three undecided voters left in the Country. I know the Domestic topics are serious, but realistically none of them matter very much if we do not have a safe, free and secure Country in which to live and raise our children. Our very way of life and existence was and is being threatened and even though I want cheap Insurance premiums as much as the next person, affordable healthcare doesn't matter a whole lot if you are dead. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes With thoughts such as these rolling around in my weary brain, here's a "zinger" I came up with regarding the inevitable question that President Bush will get regarding "why not" stem cell research:

"My opponent's running mate yesterday falsely proclaimed that if John Kerry is elected President that those in wheelchairs will rise up and walk. Its as if Mr. Kerry's election will immediately result in miracles unlike any we've known since Jesus Christ walked on the Earth. Mr. Kerry, I know Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is a friend of mine. Jesus Christ has been my Lord and Savior for over fifteen years. Mr. Kerry, YOU ARE NO JESUS CHRIST!"

Other ideas?!
"Lord...Who may live on your holy hill? He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from his heart and has no slander on his tongue, who does his neighbor no wrong and casts no slur on his fellowman" Ps15:1-3.
Jerald L. Parsoneault
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your Zinger -- here's mine. While it's not nearly so good, I 'd still like to hear it. . . .

Senator Kerry, someone who paid 12 % in federal taxes on $6,000,000 in income and asks the rest of us to pay more taxes must think we all just fell off the turnip truck.

Nalt
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good zingers guys! Mr. Green

I wish Bush would say.

"My opponent keeps saying he's being honest with the American people. But I don't think someone who puts on a fake tan, gets his teeth capped, wears a toupee and gets botox injections is even ready to be honest with himself" Rolling Eyes
Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phony polls affect the legitimate polls. When the phony poll numbers come in tonight after the debates from the MSM showing Kerry to be the big winner it will have a definite affect on the more scientific polls taken a day or so later.

So, Bush cannot win the polls game. The fix is in. The die has been cast.

Also, some wishy-washy republican pundits, with cushy contributor contracts from the MSM will allow their president to take a beating from the propaganda and hype liberals who dominate the debate forums and panels.

One good thing about it all, it will make us mad as hell and with a greater resolve to fight harder than ever over the next three weeks to make sure this liar and pretender, John Kerry loses the big poll on Nov. 2
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't think of his name, but a Nobel Prize winner said that Bush's tax cuts were not big enough...hope he brings that up tonight..
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Bush challenges Kerry to "look the American people in the eye" and promise that he will assure us that the Bush tax cuts will be made permanent...Kerry has promised us that he will only raise taxes on the rich, but I know he has been opposed to making the Bush tax cuts permanent...this will result in a massive tax increase on all of us if they are not made permanent!
8dayweek
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to the DNC website right now and change the letter they have to make yourself look like a real off the wall kerry supporter, save it, and send it to 3 newspapers at a time. Do it right now saying how great John Kerry was tonight, well before the debate ever happens. It only serves to make people supporting kerry look like lunitics and PO's the newspapers when they have to wade through this garbage.

Here is the section from the DNC website with link:

Write a Letter to the Editor
Immediately after the debate, go online and write a letter to the editor of your local paper. If you feel John Kerry laid out a plan to make America stronger put it in your letter. If you feel George Bush failed to defend his four years of failure, put it in your letter.

Writing a letter is easier than you think. It takes just a few minutes and just a few clicks using our online media center:

http://www.democrats.org/media/
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When a liberal says, "I have a plan..." grab your wallet and run.
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question to all. What polls said about the SECOND debate? By reasonable standards, Bush clearly won the game. Even Chris Matthews from MNSBC declared Bush as the winner. But Chris said, "polls indicated Kerry won the second debate".

Really?

How can we trust the "folks" then if they saw Kerry as the winner. Do they like someone to spit "I have a plan" more than twenty times? Or, did Chris actually mean the online polls which we know are nothing but garbages.
frigatesailor
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the dialog I would like to here:

JFK: .......................... and now Repulican operatives are trying to run a documentary slandering my military service by forcing affiliate tv stations to preempt their regular programming. I have a plan that will prevent this in future elections so that issues affecting the American people are first and foremost, and the public airwaves are not hijacked by the ruling party for their scurrilous gain.

GWB: Senator Kerry knows full well that this is a free country, where free speech is allowed, no matter what one feels about it. As you all here know; 60 Minutes, CBS News, Bill Mahers Real Time, Michael Moore, etc., etc. have all had a grand time exercising their American right, through FREE SPEECH, to bash me at every opportunity. That's fine, I can deal with it. Is it Senator Kerry's contention that free speech is only good if it has good things to say about you? I might point out that neither I nor my campaign are involved with Sinclair Broadcasting or the Swift Boat people but I do respect their opinion and will not try and would never attempt to quell their rights to free speech or expression, which is consistent with the way I've approached the attacks on me from the groups mentioned previously. I would also say to the Senator, that when I was questioned and attacked concerning my military service, I released all of my records by signing a SF 180. I might recommend that the Senator do the same and this will all probably dissipate (wink, wink, to the crowd). Very Happy

Last edited by frigatesailor on Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight we better all be voting on the polls. No messing with the polls, no matter how you feel about the bias and stuffing of the polls by the dems.
President Bush is doing his part and we must no waiver and give up because of a little diversity. Who cares? Go forward. Stand up for him.VOTE. VOTE IN ALL OF THEM! We have to do all we can. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we are doing the Debatathon again to raise a little money and have some fun with the debate.. check it out if you havn't

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12734

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DADESID
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look... let's be realistic here.

Kerry could just stay home and watch the debate on TV, and the MSM would declare him the "winner".

It is going to be up to the SBV&POWs for Truth to make the difference in keeping this charlatan out of office.
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kerry could just stay home and watch the debate on TV, and the MSM would declare him the "winner".

How sadly true your words are. Bush does not have a chance with these online polls. Over on Free Republic, they figured out there was a plan in place with some kind of computer program that floods the online polls for Kerry 30 minutes before the debates are finished and afterward. Last week at one point, MSNBC's online poll was registering 90%Kerry, 10%Bush, that's how skewed it had gotten. The DU's have something that will enable their cookies to disappear so they can continually vote and have their IP addresses changed because some of the polls are now good enough that they check IP addresses.
Freep said it's an assault by the DU and McAwful. It seems to work.
Bush won that debate last week. It was very obvious, but we all know what was said and written. It won't be any different this week.

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
deserturtle
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:34 am    Post subject: lPresident's best showing according to CBS pundit Reply with quote

CBS is slamming Kerry
President's best showing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: