SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OMG Dems Calling My House The Past Three Days
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: OMG Dems Calling My House The Past Three Days Reply with quote

Mad I cannot believe the dems. They have been calling my house out here in the D.C. area asking for a fictictious person, then saying, "oh, it's okay, we can talk to you. We are Democrats for JK and you must stand by us and vote JK".

Mad My husband and me just hang up on the fools. My number is unlisted, but I used to work for the ChicagoTribune so I know all about what they term"rote calling". That is when you have the exchange, for example, 555, then you call it from 00,01 or 01 , 09 or 22 then you go into 11, 01 etc. That is what the dems here are up to.

I think IMHO that it is one thing to call on behalf of the party and candidate you represent, but to TELL us we MUST stand by and VOTE JK is going to far.

They do not want to call here again because my husband has a litenay of remarks he is just seething to spew at them. If my husband gets ahold of them verbally I garuntee you they will not recover!

I am ashamed of the small minded and dirty low tactics that have now become a norm for the dems and the msm. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In new jersey we call those cold callers, i did telephone sales for 10 years and what these people are doing is no different.
Rurik
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I get those callers I just tell them that I will be voting Republican for the rest of my life, because I know that after I'm dead I will be voting Democrat for the rest of eternity. Razz

Essayons!
Fight Build and Destroy
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A loud referee type whistle will do miracles. Laughing
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have received an extra number of wrong number calls for the last day or so but I say you have the wrong number and hang up so I haven't heard any further questioning. I wonder if the voice mail came on if they would leave a message? Haven't had those yet. Stupid! CTW

Never Ever Kerry
eXcel
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are watching TV just be like "uh huh" "but what about?" and act like you are not quite convinced yet and just waste as much of their time as you can so they aren't calling other people Twisted Evil
ranch hand
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get their name and phone number. Then tell them you are on the no call list. Then tell them they personally are going to be fined $10,000.

then tell them not to call again.

May not be true, but I suppose the caller will not know that. Should scare yesterdays diner out of them.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get on the "do not call" list. When you get unwanted calls, report them.

However, I don't think that political calls are prohibited by "do not call".
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tell them I think the BUSH/CHENEY '04 signs are prettier. And that's why I'm voting for Bush.
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever I get one of the political calls or a telemarketer, I interrupt with 'whoops! hold on--I have another call coming in.' I then press the 'sleep' button on the clockradio on my nightstand and place the receiver right next to it. It's always set on a Country music station. BTW--I don't even have call waiting. Laughing About 5 minutes later, I replace the receiver on the base. Except for political calls or calls from companies with which I do business, I've seen a very marked reduction since implementation of the Do Not Call list.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carpro wrote:
A loud referee type whistle will do miracles. Laughing

Thanks, carpro; I'm going to Sports Authority tomorrow! Laughing
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang! Now I feel rejected Crying or Very sad . I never get these calls nor do they stop by the house (could be all the Republican signs I have up). Of course, I let voice mail take all calls whose numbers I don't recognize, so maybe that's the reason. Laughing Wink
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I tell them I think the BUSH/CHENEY '04 signs are prettier. And that's why I'm voting for Bush.

I love stuff like this, it really messes them up. Laughing
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doll if you are in DC -- doesn't matter it is 78% Skerry here --- (remember these are the people who just re-elected a crack head)

In Virginia/Maryland --- report them.

Let the DC crowd waste their time calling in DC --- talk about wasted energy if this is any indication of how Skerry government would be run the lack of efficiency and focus scares me.
Fphamm
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to see that this crap is happening to more people, I thought they were just targeting certain ages or areas....the last one that called, I politely told to go hump his mother....I'm sick of this petty crap, and I'm really sick of this election year crap, I just hope that come Nov 3rd GWB is still president, and we'll have another 4 years of growth, not slavery...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: