SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Democrat Ad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillM
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Democrat Ad Reply with quote

Just when you thought they couldn't sink any lower,

Tennessee Democrats Compare Republicans To Special Olympics Children

October 12, 2004 – Democrats in a race for a state House seat in District 82, are circulating a flyer that shows a child with disabilities with President Bush’s face running in a track race. The headline says: “Voting for Bush Is Like Running In The Special Olympics: Even If You Win, You’re Still Retarded.”

The flyer is being distributed by Democrat Craig Fitzhugh. His opponent, Dave Dahl has issued a call to Fitzhugh to stop distributing the flyer.

According to Dahl, “Hard-ball politics is one thing and everyone expects tough battles, but using those who are born with mental disabilities for political fodder is disgusting.”

Dahl says the flyers have been distributed for at least two weeks from Fitzhugh’s campaign office in Ripley, Tennessee. It also serves as the Kerry-Edwards headquarters. “At first, I really did not believe that Fitzhugh and the Democrats would stoop to such gutter politics, but then people started bringing the flyer to me at the end of last week. I was shocked and disgusted.”

“This kind of reckless disregard for those who suffer from mental disabilities is much larger than any state representative race. This act is so atrocious and indecent that my campaign will be sending a copy of the Fitzhugh flyer to the United States Special Olympics Committee, the Special Olympics International Group and state and national advocacy groups who work with and support special needs children and adults.”

This most recent attack on Republicans as mentally handicapped is not new. On October 28, 1994, while in Virginia, then-Vice President Al Gore attacked Oliver North's Senate bid supporters as "the extreme right wing, the extra chromosome right wing." Advocates for those with Down's Syndrome, caused by an extra chromosome, were outraged.

Here is the link, http://www.traditionalvalues.org/modules.php?sid=1951
3rd gen Navy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty revolting
BS Biology, Business Administration, Nursing
The Deal with Life: Make decisions based on what you might gain, not on what you may lose.
!!!!!! LET THE WILD RUMPUS BEGIN !!!!!!
Knighthawk
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my God!!!!.....can you imagine the OUTRAGE from the left if somebody had put kerry's picture on that flyer instead of Bush.

The double standard from the left never ceases to amaze me.....although it really shouldn't.

Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity! Lick it once and you'll suck forever.

If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil.

Knighthawk's Pictures!
GIaunt
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the term 'retarded' was outlawed by the PC police

Also, those who are Down's syndrome are usually VERY Honest, VERY loving, VERY special people.... To use this term in a derogatory manner is truly bigoted.....
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh. Special Olympics was the brain child of one of the Kennedy's. Wonder how they feel about this ad?

Classic fascist mentality. We better hope they don't ever gain complete power, as Hitler did. They will be sending everyone with "extra chromosomes" (Down's syndrome, Republicans, Christians) to the ovens.

Hey Democrats: even if you "win", you are the true losers.

Is there no one of common decency left in the Democrat party? Are they all amoral gutter dwellers? Ignorant, vile, nasty children? It's like that book, "Lord of the Flies"--and the beastie boys are running things.

My kids and I worked Special Olympic events. (My kids were always in sports and SO always need volunteers and coaches.) The dedication and determination of some of these special needs kids rivals that of any world class athlete, and the pride they take in accomplishing their goals in awesome.

I would rather be a Special Olympian than a New DirtyDeal Democrat, and that's the truth.

A curse and a pox upon the heads, and genes, of all of those responsible for this. Rot in hell. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said, Kimmymac!
This is absolutely beneath contempt.
I've watched Special Olympics and it is truly joyful and
heartwarming to see the smiles and pride in their
accomplishment.
They are all WINNERS in my book.
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son-in-law's brother is a Special Olympian. He has the sweetest nature and gives more love than any one I have ever known. Kelly/Edwards and supporters, you aren't worthy enough to be their jock supports.
ArmybratNavywife
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.tndp.org/

Tennessee Democrats Respond to Republican Dirty Trick

Tennessee Democratic Party Chairman Randy Button released the following statement today regarding the Team GOP news release accusing Tennessee Democrats of distributing a flyer denigrating handicapped children and the Special Olypmics:

“ This disgusting flyer is a dirty trick by Republicans to try and smear Craig Fitzhugh and the Democratic Party in Tennessee. We are shocked and appalled that they would stoop to this level to try and score political points. Craig Fitzhugh is one of the most honorable, upright men in the Tennessee Legislature, and everyone who knows him knows that he is a champion of children and those with disabilities.

“ I am calling on Republican Party Chairwoman Beth Harwell, Craig Fitzhugh’s colleague in the House of Representatives, to put an end to this. We may not agree on politics, but Beth and I can both agree to the character and principles of Craig Fitzhugh. This is the work of shady Republican operatives, and is reminiscent of the Nixon-era Watergate burglaries. This is just the latest in a long history of dirty politics on the part of Republicans.

" Craig Fitzhugh has called on the District Attorney to investigate the source of this disgusting flyer. We have every intention of getting to the bottom of this disturbing incident.”

Puts pitchfork and torch away....for now Twisted Evil

I know that the liberals tend to blame other people for things...but I guess we'll have wait and see on this one.
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a minute now. Shocked Shocked Shocked WHO are they blaming for putting out this flyer? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: