SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry Lawyers stalling Absentee Ballots going out
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bk_mo
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Kerry Lawyers stalling Absentee Ballots going out Reply with quote

This means alot of our military will not get to vote as well as citizens in foreign countries. THIS CAN'T BE!!!!! Fox is reporting this now.
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was overseas, I recall gettting my absentee ballot well before the election, at least two or three weeks. (We're about at the two week mark now.) Allowing for the APO system to operate, they must have been sent out about four weeks before the election. Has the system changed?
ranch hand
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember, Gore did not want the military absentee ballots counted in Florida in 2000.

Dem motto: very vote counts, no matter how many times it was cast.

Last edited by ranch hand on Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
bk_mo
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: voting Reply with quote

Lawyers argument is over Ralph Nader being on some of the ballots, can someone find transcript on fox? They want Nader off the ballots and they are stalling to keep the military and citizens abroad out of the election. During Bret Hume report. I can't access the page right now.

We were not at war the last election. Still Reporting on it now please watch if it's on in your area.

I was hearing it right.

To deny our soldiers the right to vote should not be acceptable!!! If anyone has the right to vote it's them. What do we do about this?
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their online applications for voting from Iraq were getting bounced back a couple of weeks ago. Maybe the Nader thing is why.
bk_mo
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: vote Reply with quote

Regardless of the their situations or what states their from, they all deserve the right to vote. This country should NOT stand by and allow this to happen.

At the end of the Bret Hume program, the Dems. had a new add showing a young soldier basically calling Bush a liar, stating the President said, there were WMD's, there were none. The President said, Saddam was linked to Al Queada, there was no connection. Then he takes off his artificial hand and says, he lost his hand and doesn't know why.

Kerry Campaign is full of SICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK people. Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Brit Hume show (Brit wasn't there) the panel mentioned that the Democrats are purposely contesting some of the absentee voting laws to prevent the military vote. I.e., they say they don't want Nader on the ballot, but it's supposedly really all about keeping the military vote - which everyone knows is overwhelmingly Anti-Kerry/Pro-Bush - from counting.

Stand by. There's going to be much more of this to come.
ranch hand
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen, this was planned to happen this late in the campaign.

The plan is to deny our military the chance to vote.

Would love to see the DNC's internal memos on this.
ProudbrotherofUSSoldier
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother who is stationed in Iraq said his unit got theirs about a week and a half ago and said 90% of them are already in the mail

Ann Coulter
bk_mo
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject: vote Reply with quote

Anker? Is Nater on the Wisconsin ballot? Are they targeting states that have included Nater on the ballot? If so I think he's on 30 states ballots. So soldiers from those states can't vote because their contesting it?
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Anker? Is Nater on the Wisconsin ballot? Are they targeting states that have included Nater on the ballot? If so I think he's on 30 states ballots. So soldiers from those states can't vote because their contesting it?

Can't answer the question about Nader on the Wisconsin ballot (I'm down here in Texas). Stay tuned - well tuned - on the rest. This information came from a panel discussion without any authoritative refences; I do suspect that it is true though. But the context was more in line with what the Democrats were planning to do than what they were actually doing yet.

I think though that it may very likely be a state-by-state, and maybe even locality-by-locality, issue. It all depends upon how each polling entity decides it can legally and fairly (sorry, that probably doesn't count) handle the change in the field of candidates. And this last probably means it's going to make a lot of lawyers busy and wealthier.
FirstKlassAct
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ranch hand wrote:
Remember, Gore did not want the military absentee ballots counted in Florida in 2000.

Dem motto: very vote counts, no matter how many times it was cast.

I remember. I about lost my mind the day I heard that. Sad

FirstKlassAct
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ProudbrotherofUSSoldier
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Re: vote Reply with quote

bk_mo wrote:

I found this on the statesmanjournal.com web site:
Battleground states: Nader has now made the ballot in the top 10 battleground states: Florida, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nevada, New Mexico, West Virginia and New Hampshire. Court battles are pending to disqualify him in four more key states

Ann Coulter
bk_mo
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: VOTE Reply with quote

THEY WANT A CIVIL WAR, I'M WILLING!!!!!
FirstKlassAct
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject: Re: VOTE Reply with quote

bk_mo wrote:
THEY WANT A CIVIL WAR, I'M WILLING!!!!!

I hear that, BK!

FKA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: