SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry: Bush's Plan has "great potential of a draft''
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Kerry: Bush's Plan has "great potential of a draft'' Reply with quote

Kerry is STILL spreading this BS. Got this from Drudge. It is amazing to me that Kerry is the one throwing these allegations out there. He is the one who says he is going to increase the military by 40,000 and double the size of special forces. This is incredible.

Quote:
There is a "great potential of a draft" to replenish U.S. forces in Iraq if President Bush wins a second term, Democratic challenger John Kerry said on a campaign stop in Iowa.

Bush said in the second presidential debate that there would be no revival of the military draft under any circumstances if he is re-elected. "We're not going to have a draft, period," the president said.

However, Kerry told The Des Moines Register, "With George Bush, the plan for Iraq is more of the same and the great potential of a draft." The interview was published Friday as Kerry was leaving for Wisconsin and a speech on the economy.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20041015/D85O03L80.html

I heard that 50% of men ages 18-25 believed that Pres. Bush was going to reinstate the draft. Kerry is aware of this, and is using this to further the notion.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't let this comment go unattended. Sad
75-80% of active military and their families do NOT support John Kerry.
That means our current level of enlistment and re-enlistment will likely drop significantly if John Kerry is elected.
That, if the 'war on terror' intensifies anywhere else, will require more, not fewer, troops.

If more troops are needed (for any reason: good or bad), and fewer people are enlisting because they are not supporting the government or administration or policies, then the draft becomes more likely.

Statistically, it is much more likely that John Kerry would need to implement a draft. NOT George Bush. It is also more likely that the effort would succeed ... current pathetic attempts at this legislation would stand a better chance if a Democrat were president, since the submitted legislation has come from Democrats.

By the way: this logic works beautifully when presented to a 20-something from a 56-year old who did the same thing both Bush and Kerry did: join another branch to avoid getting drafted.
ranch hand
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suppose Kerry will pardon all the deserters and AWOLs if elected. Carter did.

Kerry will need a draft.

Remember right after Clinton was elected but before being sworn in, he held an economic summit. Out of the blue came information that the country needed an immediate tax increase to offset deficits.

Kerry could very well do the same thing. Have a summit (he likes those) and find out that enlistments have fallen off. Only solution is a draft.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there would be a draft, it would come in a Kerry Administration, not Bush's. Kerry is the one announcing how he will add 40,000 troops and double Special Forces and all. Add to that the number of Active Duty military that would leave the services if he won. So, just where does he think he'd get all these additional people to fill the military?

Like his economic plan, his numbers and claims just don't add up.
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to me, the Democratic tactic these days is to charge the Bush Campaign of what they are really trying to do/are.

Saying Bush's plan will need a draft, when Kerry's is more likely to require a draft.

Accusing Republicans of election fraud when they are in fact the one's doing so.

Complaining about Bush's military service while Kerry is the one who may not have received an honorable discharge.

Consistenly saying George Bush doesnt tell the truth, and they will.

Feel free to add others, because I'm sure there are plenty of other examples.
fr11
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not just Kerry. MTV/Rock The Vote are still spreading this message as well. The Dems keep seeking lower and lower. Nothing they do surprises me anymore. I just wish Bush would call them on it and say, "Mr. sKerry, let's look at whose plan would REALLY require a draft. I've talked about pulling OUT troops as early as January. Your plan is to ADD 40,000 troops. The only way we'd have a draft is under a sKerry presidency!"

Bush has too much class to do this, but someone really needs to point this out to the American public.

You know how some people get their dog's vocal chords clipped? I think we should do that to sKerry! Twisted Evil
poseidon
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ord33 wrote:
Seems to me, the Democratic tactic these days is to charge the Bush Campaign of what they are really trying to do/are.

Saying Bush's plan will need a draft, when Kerry's is more likely to require a draft.

Accusing Republicans of election fraud when they are in fact the one's doing so.

Complaining about Bush's military service while Kerry is the one who may not have received an honorable discharge.

Consistenly saying George Bush doesnt tell the truth, and they will.

Feel free to add others, because I'm sure there are plenty of other examples.

Welcome to the light !

This is the classic liberal method for pre-difusing an attack on their issues.
Also notice that one can see what they are doing in how they describe other's action
i.e. the 'alleged' POWs in Stolen Honor
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto all these observations.

What's really frightening is the prospect of having to draft Special Forces and the Patsy Schroeder mindset behind it.

Let them all wear berets.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Draft Reply with quote

President Bush, from transcript from second debate, on national TV:

"We're not going to have a draft, period. The all- volunteer army works. It works particularly when we pay our troops well. It works when we make sure they've got housing, like we have done in the last military budgets."

Now what about the statement "We're not going to have a draft" does Kerry not understand?

Unless he means that there will be a draft if HE is elected...

Come to think of it, Kerry is always bringing up General Shinseki, who thought that the US needed "several" hundred thousand troops in Iraq, when the 150,000 that were sent took three weeks fight their way from Kuwait to Baghdad.

Kerry always seems to want to send massive armies, but refuses to fund effective weapons, whereas Bush sends fewer men but very well-armed and well-trained. It's KERRY who wants lots of men drafted, while Bush wants to win the war as efficiently as possible, with fewer casualties.
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Republicans need to make and repeat over and over two points:

1. Kerry wants to increase the number of our forces;

2. Democrats in Congress were the only ones proposing bills to re-enact the draft.
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neverforget wrote:

1. Kerry wants to increase the number of our forces

It has never ceased to amaze me that Kerry keeps saying how "I'll add 40,000 troops to our military" and not ONCE has the Lamestream media bothered to ask him HOW he plans to do that.

The fact is, if Kerry becomes president (please God, I beseech you, intercede for the good of our country, and prevent this from happening) then there will be a mass exodus from the ranks.
Darkhorse18
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: The D word Reply with quote

Just think how scared Kerry has gotten the male daft age voters are!
KWJams
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianC wrote:
neverforget wrote:

1. Kerry wants to increase the number of our forces

It has never ceased to amaze me that Kerry keeps saying how "I'll add 40,000 troops to our military" and not ONCE has the Lamestream media bothered to ask him HOW he plans to do that.

That's easy -- when the economy takes a dump trying to fund all his social programs -- the only jobs will be in the Military.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read on the Kerry site blog that their people 'registering voters' at colleges where using the 'do you wanna get drafted' line to scare them into registering to vote - for kerry of course.

Bush and his people (franks is out there) need to HAMMER this one ! and fast.... and reverse it to Kerry - there is no way he will add 40,000 troops without one.... he'll lose so many we have now if he is elected !
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: Draft Reply with quote

Steve Z wrote:
President Bush, from transcript from second debate, on national TV:

Come to think of it, Kerry is always bringing up General Shinseki, who thought that the US needed "several" hundred thousand troops in Iraq, when the 150,000 that were sent took three weeks fight their way from Kuwait to Baghdad.

I that the correct spelling for the General? Shinseki? It's not even close to how I spell it.... Shocked Shocked Laughing Laughing
It 'd be a good thing to know how to spell it correctly - I know I just slaughter it! Laughing
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: