SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AP--MORE BUSH RECORDS FOUND!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject: AP--MORE BUSH RECORDS FOUND! Reply with quote

Matt Kelley and Associated Press just don't quit beating this
dead horse. Most of the public don't even care about it.

Independent Review Finds Bush Records Texas National Guard Officials Missed

By Matt Kelley
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) - Weeks after Texas National Guard officials signed an oath swearing they had turned over all of President Bush's military records, independent examiners found more than two dozen pages of previously unreleased documents about Bush.
The two retired Army lawyers went through Texas files under an agreement between the Texas Guard and The Associated Press, which sued to gain access to the files. The 31 pages of documents turned over to AP Thursday night include orders for high-altitude training in 1972, less than three months before Bush abruptly quit flying as a fighter pilot.

The discovery is the latest in a series of embarrassments for Pentagon and Texas National Guard officials who have repeatedly said they found and released all of Bush's Vietnam-era military files, only to belatedly discover more records. Those discoveries - nearly 100 pages, including Bush's pay records and flight logs - have been the result of freedom of information lawsuits filed in federal and Texas courts by AP.

A Texas National Guard spokesman defended the continuing discoveries, saying Guard officials didn't find all of Bush's records because they are disorganized and in poor shape.

"These boxes are full of dirt and rat (excrement) and dead bugs. They have never been sitting in an uncontrolled climate," said Lt. Col. John Stanford. "It's a tough task to go through archives that were not set up in a way that you could easily go through them."

Two Texas officials had signed sworn affidavits insisting they had reviewed the files in those boxes and released copies of all that related to Bush's 1968-1973 Guard service, however.

Bush's time in the Texas Air National Guard has come under scrutiny in this wartime election season. Some Democrats accuse Bush of shirking his guard duties in 1972 and 1973, when Bush didn't show up for training for as long as six months at a time. Democrats have contrasted nominee John Kerry's combat service in Vietnam with Bush's stateside service as an F-102A fighter pilot in Texas.

Bush says he fulfilled all of his service obligations and did nothing wrong. The newly released documents shed no new light on the most controversial periods of Bush's guard tenure.

Texas Tech University law school professors Richard D. Rosen and Calvin Lewis, both former Army lawyers, reviewed the boxes of files earlier this week under an agreement in the AP lawsuit. They found three other boxes with files from Bush's unit that previous searches did not turn up, Stanford said.

The newly released documents include a January 1972 order for Bush to attend three days of "physiological training" at Laredo Air Force Base in Texas. His Texas payroll and attendance records, released earlier, show Bush was credited for serving on active duty training for the three days involved.

At the time, pilots had to renew their high-altitude training every three years, said retired Maj. Gen. Paul A. Weaver, Jr., a former head of the Air National Guard. Bush's first altitude training came in 1969 when he was in pilot school at Moody Air Force Base in Georgia.

The training involved instruction about the effects of lack of oxygen on the body and exercises in which the pilots are exposed under supervision to the thin air of high altitudes. The purpose is to familiarize pilots with the effects of lack of oxygen so they can recognize them and take appropriate action to avoid blacking out at the controls.

The altitude training came six weeks before Bush began an unexplained string of flights on two-seat training jets and simulators. On April 12, 1972, Bush took his last flight in the single-seat F-102A fighter.

The future president skipped a required yearly medical exam and was ordered grounded as of August 1972. Bush says he missed the exam because he was planning to train with an Alabama Air National Guard unit which did not fly the F-102A.

Bush went to Alabama that year to work on the U.S. Senate campaign of a family friend.

Records show Bush did no guard training at all between mid-April and late October 1972. He's credited with six days of training in October and November 1972, presumably with the Alabama unit.

The Alabama unit's commanders say they never saw Bush or any paperwork showing he performed drills there. A January 1973 document says Bush got a dental examination at the Alabama unit's base. ^---

On the Net:

The new files are available at:
http://www.defenselink.mil/pubs/foi/bush-records/index

AP-ES-10-15-04 1732EDT

This story can be found at:
http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGB80O0VC0E

Go Back To The Story
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

where did i put my damn waders
sdonions
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it those Bastages will gothrough Dubya's records with a microscope but wont even look at sKerry's records. This is the main problem with what is going on with this election cycle.

I had 4 telemarketing calls from the Rag called the Kansas City Star and I finally blew up the 4th time. Asked if they were going to report on sKerry's records like they do on the President's record. Was told they were involved with that and my reply was until thet start getting away from the biased yellow-journalism then they would not have me as subscriber. Also said that the paper was not fit to line my cats litter box. Also told them that was the fourth call in less than 20 minutes and that if I get another they would be getting a letter from my attourney for harrassment. Wonder if I could get Edwards to take the case Twisted Evil
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's really hilarious is that they have sunk to
scrounging in RAT $H!T to find something on Bush.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, it's gone beyond merely mind-boggling to literal absurdity. Shocked

Spend days digging through rat-turds, but don't bother even reading the nice clean documentation put right in front of you.

I read UFC in just a few hours.

Go figure.
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are dead links

Quote:
The new files are available at:
http://www.defenselink.mil/pubs/foi/bush-records/index

AP-ES-10-15-04 1732EDT

This story can be found at:
http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGB80O0VC0E

jerake
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this for the documents:

http://www.defenselink.mil/pubs/foi/bush_records/index.html

And here for the story:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041015/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_guard_records
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RogerRabbit wrote:
These are dead links

For the first one, try here, instead:
http://www.defenselink.mil/pubs/foi/bush_records/index.html
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's harmless therapy for them to occupy themselves this way. No one will read it.
I'm very interested as a rule, but my eyes glazed over just reading the headline. Oh dear, getting very drowsy....dreamed I saw some demented kool-aid drinkers shoveling rat sh*t and bugs with their bare hands...must be in hell...too late, very boring...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/BUSH_GUARD_RECORDS?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=POLITICS&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well from what I can see looking through them real quick, all they do is confirm everything that the President has said.
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the "winning line" for me:

Quote:
The discovery is the latest in a series of embarrassments for Pentagon and Texas National Guard officials who have repeatedly said they found and released all of Bush's Vietnam-era military files, only to belatedly discover more records. Those discoveries - nearly 100 pages, including Bush's pay records and flight logs - have been the result of freedom of information lawsuits filed in federal and Texas courts by AP.

The only embarrassment in this story is the pains the MSM is taking to perpetuate it. This non story has more life than Methuselah! Kind of ironic that they found "over a 100 pages." Isn't that how many pages are supposed to be sitting in Kerry's military file? Don't the American people deserve the truth (as Kerry and Edwards are so fond of saying?)

The REAL embarrassment is that the AP and the rest of the MSM do not show one iota of curiosity, professional or otherwise, about Kerry's hidden records.

They go on and on and on about how Bush might have missed a freakin' physical, while Kerry's perjury, lies, distortions, embellishments, misrepresentations and outright fiction about his abbreviated "tour" in country don't even rate a softball question at a press conference (if Kerry dared hold one).

The blatant and egregious bias and partisanship displayed by the MSM in this election goes beyond the pale. It is stranger than fiction. If you wrote a fiction novel about this, no editor would accept it because it would be too farfetched, yet every day, the MSM writes a new chapter in their attempt to immorally influence the election.

It oughta' be a crime!
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey they found more docs! That's great news! Now I can call up KINKOS and hope that they got that copier fixed.

Hey, hand me the liquid paper! Have the intern boot WORD for me. It's gonna be a long night. And:

NO I DON'T WANT DAN RATHER'S VOICE MAIL!
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does that not put the total number of Bush file pages over 500. That is a far cry more than the 90 pages of all the Kerry military records. Has anyone e mailed this clown and pointed out the discrepency in the number of files. Could it be that the Texas Air National Guard keeps much better records than the Navy does.
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just e mailed Ap. I told them about the huge story they are missing with the Bush records. There are over 500 pages now released of Bush files. John Kerry says that 90 pages are all of his military records. I told AP that if their investagitive reporters were worth a dime of the money they were being paid the would see the disparidity between the record keeping of the US Navy and the Texas Air National Guard. If the Navy is that terrable on keeping personal records I would wonder if they were also that terrable in their record keeping in regard to procurements. If they are the difference betweer Bush records and Kerry's is about 410 pages. That meand that 410 pages of records in a procurement department would mean 100 of billions of dollars spent without a paper trail. I told them the need to find an investigative reporter that has the ability to put 2 and 2 together and figure out the answer is 4.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: