SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Iraq and US

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
warriormonk
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Iraq and US Reply with quote

I watched a documentary the other day called "The Last Days" (1998) about the holocaust in Germany during the hitler regime. The images were so graphic I can not even begin to use the words to describe. A day before this I was watching FOX News and saw graphic images of yet another mass grave in Iraq filled with innocent people that saddam had killed. The total disregard for human life has been too much. My question is this..How can ANYONE look at those images and say that we don't belong in Iraq helping those people? My mind can't grasp anyone being that cold hearted. And the Anti-War people call themselves Americans?
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 1972, I visited Dachau Concentration Camp outside Munich Germany, while stationed in Germany. Although cleaned up and only two of the barracks still standing and rebuilt, it showed what the camp was like. The former Officers Mess Hall was converted to a museum of photographs taken when the camp was liberated and included some captured photographs as well. Former inmates from most every country and group interned there were also present to tell what they endured.

The world turned a blind eye to what was happening in even worse camps in Europe back then and today, some even argue it never happened at all. These are the same people that always tell us of My Lai and the few individual atrocities that occured in Vietnam, but have never heard of the Hue massacre. They are the same ones that feel the North Vietnamese won the Tet of 68 offensive.

During WW2, they were kept pretty much silent and their misguided words fell on deaf ears. Somehow, during the 60's, they infilitrated their way into our media, government and education systems and filled too many people with their theoritical ramblings. They see no one as an enemy, except for those that fight to protect their own freedom. They see Israel as the aggressor nation in the Middle East simply because they are there in their own historical homeland.

Sadly, history shows time and time again that they wait too long and several millions of people have to die due to their inablity to see things as they are and before the rest of us finally stand up to tyrants.

I have no answer about these type of people, they are in every nation and never seem to learn. A few do, David Horowitz among them. But by and large the rest never do. The only thing I can think of is to weed them out and eleminate them from positions of responsibility in our media, government and education systems. It's taken them a couple generations to infilitrate and take them over and it may take even longer to weed them out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: