SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EDWARDS Plane Aborts Takeoff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: EDWARDS Plane Aborts Takeoff Reply with quote

Local news channels in Cleveland reporting John Edwards' B-727 aborted its takeoff at Cleveland Burke Lakefront Airport about an hour ago. Part way down the runway, a generator light came on and the crew wisely aborted. After 45 minutes, the problem was fixed, and the plane took off at about 18:02 for Baltimore, where Edwards has a speaking engagement at 18:30. Guess he'll be late.

Could this be an omen? Might Ohio be a glitch in the Kerry/Edwards program? Shocked
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted by author

Last edited by 1991932 on Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:40 am; edited 1 time in total
BillM
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luckily he's not running against Clinton. It would have been more than a bad generator, and the warning light woould have probably been disabled!
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I heard the news about the Edwards plane incident, my mind flashed back to two recent incidents that didn't turn out as well...a couple of election cycles ago didn't the candidate for the Missouri governorship perish in an campaign plane accident and then his widow win the slot in a para-sympathy vote? Also, didn't a congressman in the Wisconsin/Michigan area also perish last election cycle under similar circumstances? The Dems took the opportunity of his memorial service (it was televised) to rake Bush over the coals, I seem to recall. Very bad form. I don't recall the result of that election. I am glad Edwards and his party safely returned like every normal American is. I just wonder if Kerry has such nutty followers some would actually revell in something similar happening to Cheney.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be a slow news day, Fox reported it too Rolling Eyes
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking what if Edward's mother would have abort 51 years ago on her Take Off?
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwIIvetsdaughter wrote:
When I heard the news about the Edwards plane incident, my mind flashed back to two recent incidents that didn't turn out as well...a couple of election cycles ago didn't the candidate for the Missouri governorship perish in an campaign plane accident and then his widow win the slot in a para-sympathy vote? Also, didn't a congressman in the Wisconsin/Michigan area also perish last election cycle under similar circumstances? The Dems took the opportunity of his memorial service (it was televised) to rake Bush over the coals, I seem to recall. Very bad form. I don't recall the result of that election. I am glad Edwards and his party safely returned like every normal American is. I just wonder if Kerry has such nutty followers some would actually revell in something similar happening to Cheney.

Allow me to be real cynical here.

What you are remembering is the Memorial service(read: Campaign Rally) for Paul Wellstone, the late Senator of Minnesota who was killed along with one of his sons in a plane crash. The Dems threw old Walter Mondale into the fray, and Minnesotains rejected him and elected Republican Norm Coleman to that seat. Why Terry McCauliffe wasn't fired over that Memorial/rally debacle, we'll never know.

With the Wellstone debacle, the Dems were hoping to get a repeat of Missouri, a groundswell of the "sympathy" vote, (where the Governor? Mel Carnahan was killed in a plane crash) that resulted in Jean Carnahan(his wife) taking over her late husbands campaign and was elected to the Senate defeating John Ashcroft. (but, not without voting irregularities when a Federal Judge ordered certain polls to stay open after hours to stave off voter "disenfrachisement)
sniper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: EDWARDS Plane Aborts Takeoff Reply with quote

Tacan70UDN wrote:
Local news channels in Cleveland reporting John Edwards' B-727 aborted its takeoff at Cleveland Burke Lakefront Airport about an hour ago.

Hmmm, Lurch has a brand new 757, Boy Toy has to slum in a 727? What, Teresas money drying up, or isnt Edwards blood blue enough for the top shelf stuff?
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another liberal all time low.... trying to cash in on someone's funeral !

what has this country come to? how did we get so many of these people?
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: