SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CNN Gallup Poll: Bush 52% Kerry 44%
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: CNN Gallup Poll: Bush 52% Kerry 44% Reply with quote

Just shows you the pundit and spinners instant polls were wrong. All the propaganda, manipulation, and spin didn`t work. We now know Bush was the legitimate winner in the debates.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd advise caution, caution, caution in accepting this information. Real polls don't change that fast. It may be a "glitch" or a set-up.

In the last CNN/Gallup poll (close-out date 10/10/04) it was Bush 48%, Kerry 49%.
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that might be a little on the high side although I'm not sure what CNN would gain by weighing the results so much in Bush's favor.
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush over Kerry by 8

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash5.htm

CNN/USA TODAY/GALLUP POLL

FOR RELEASE: Sunday, October 17 at noon

Interviews with 1,013 adult Americans, including 788 likely voters and 942 registered voters, conducted by telephone on October 14-16, 2004

Although Americans think John Kerry did the best job in the debates, that has not translated into an increase in his popularity, which in turn means that he appears to have lost a little ground to Bush. Among registered voters, a 48%-48% tie is now a 49%-46% edge for Bush -- not much of a difference and, with the sampling error, not a significant change. The Gallup likely voter model, which identified those respondents who are most likely to cast a ballot, is magnifying those shifts, with a 49%-48% advantage for Kerry turning into a 52%-44% lead for Bush. What's going on?

For one thing, the charge that Kerry is too liberal, which Bush emphasized mostly in the third and last debate on Wednesday night, seems to be sticking. Nearly half say Kerry's political views are too liberal. (Four in ten say Bush is too conservative.) But didn't Kerry win the debate? Yes, as with the first two debates, the public thinks Kerry did the better job on Wednesday night. But as Al Gore learned in 2000, winning a debate on points does not necessarily translate into votes or make a candidate more popular. As in 2000, Bush's favorable ratings -- Americans view of him as a person -- went up after a debate that he lost. Kerry's favorable rating has remained flat. Republicans seem more enthusiastic about the election, and thus more likely to vote, as reflected in the Gallup likely voter model.

Bush may have energized his base in the final debate at the expense of not appealing to a wider audience -- but he managed to do so in a way that made him more popular than Kerry.

October 14-16
Likely Voters'
Choice for President

Now Oct. 9-10

Bush 52% 48%
Kerry 44 49
Nader 1 1

Sampling error: +/-4% pts

QUESTION: Now, suppose that the presidential election were being held today, and it included John Kerry and John Edwards as the Democratic candidates, George W. Bush and Dick Cheney as the Republican candidates, and Ralph Nader and Peter Camejo as independent candidates. Would you vote for Kerry and Edwards, the Democrats,Bush and Cheney, the Republicans, or Nader and Camejo, the independent candidates?

October 14-16
Favorable Ratings

Now Oct. 9-10
Bush 55% 51%
Kerry 52 52

Sampling error: +/-3% pts

October 14-16
Opinion of George W. Bush

Now Oct. 9-10
Favorable 55% 51%
Unfavorable 44 46

QUESTION: Next, we'd like to get your overall opinion of some people in the news. As I read each name, please say if you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of these people -- or if you have never heard of them. A. George W. Bush B. John Kerry

October 14-16
Kerry's Political Views

Too liberal 47%
About right 38
Too conservative 9

October 14-16
Bush's Political Views

Too liberal 14%
About right 41
Too conservative 40
jim_nyc
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

showing Bush up in the polls may have the unintended...intended? consequence of causing complaceny in the Bush voters. If you think it's in the bag you might not make the effort to get to the polls. The MSM may be attempting to create a false sense of security in Republicans and a sense of desperation among Democrats in order to gin up the turn out.

Don't fall for it.....get out and vote for Bush......get everyone you possibly can to do so also.
GeorgiaBoy
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nathanyl wrote:
I agree that might be a little on the high side although I'm not sure what CNN would gain by weighing the results so much in Bush's favor.

They are trying to get you to think that you do not have to vote because Bush has it in the BAG. Don't fall for it... VOTE!
1AD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Weighted Poll? Reply with quote

Also do not know if this poll is weighted to take into account the number of Republicans questioned versus the number of Democrats. Either way, do do not fall for any poll numbers that favor Bush since it will lull us into complacency.
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't trust any of the polls right now. I think Bush is ahead, but not by a lot, so we need to proceed as if he is a point or two up or down - we can't get over confident - we can't get complacent. I think this is a set up to make Lurch the comback kid in the next week, but I do think that the debates didn't help Lurch in winning votes, as all the media had hoped. That, I think, is true.

Debbie
GeorgiaBoy
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another very important thing for anyone living out west to remember. Do not stay home from voting if you hear massive projections from the MSM that bush has won tons of Eastern States. They love to lure you into complacency using this technique.

JUST VOTE, NO MATTER WHAT!
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voting should be thought of as a responsibility, not a whim based upon someone's poll or "reporting."
God and Country
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the CNN poll is a sucker poll, try to sucker us to belief President Bush is ahead so much so we can lower our guard.

The only poll is the Nov. 2nd poll.

DON'T FORGET EARLY VOTING STARTS TOMORROW IN MANY STATES.

I LOVE YOU GUYS AND DOLLS.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
October 14-16
Kerry's Political Views

Too liberal 47%
About right 38
Too conservative 9

That 9 % must really be whackos
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that we should not become complacent, but I also appreciate the good news relected in the Polls. I have always mantained that far too many people than you would suspect will look at the polls on the night before the election and decide to vote for whoever is ahead. People do not like to back a loser if they have no strong political convictions.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very good, and timely, article on the polls here:

http://www.nationalreview.com/kerry/kerry200410140840.asp
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debs wrote:
I don't trust any of the polls right now. I think Bush is ahead, but not by a lot, so we need to proceed as if he is a point or two up or down - we can't get over confident - we can't get complacent. I think this is a set up to make Lurch the comback kid in the next week, but I do think that the debates didn't help Lurch in winning votes, as all the media had hoped. That, I think, is true.

Debbie

No. Some polls are legitimate and are statitiscally well founded. I do believe that Bush is ahead by at least 6%, and it is well above the margin error. I have been long convinced that, assuming there are no massive frauds committted by the Dems, Bush would win by at least 6-9% margin in the election. But hey, even with this in mind, it's not the time to be complacent.

Why Bush could pull such a large margin? My theory: (1) miracle, (2) work hard, (3) common sense--of the voters, (4) Bush's likeable personality, and (5) Kerry's dislikeable personality.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: