SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEWSWEEK POLL BUSH 50% KERRY 44%
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slednfool
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: NEWSWEEK POLL BUSH 50% KERRY 44% Reply with quote

Good new on Drudge.

http://drudgereport.com/
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I was just looking for this. I heard the announcement on MSNBC this morning.
Slednfool
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or if you are the MSM you can spin the same report this way.

"With the debates behind them, the contenders in the race for the White House remain locked in a dead heat in the latest NEWSWEEK poll"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6260444/site/newsweek/
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From that MSNBC article referencing Newsweek poll...
Quote:
Bush has a clear advantage with women, who prefer him 49 percent to 43 percent. Kerry has a slight edge with men, 50 percent to 46 percent.

Huh? What kind of an upside down political world do we find ourselves in this year? Bush leading with women, losing with men!
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveL wrote:
Quote:
Bush has a clear advantage with women, who prefer him 49 percent to 43 percent. Kerry has a slight edge with men, 50 percent to 46 percent.

Huh? What kind of an upside down political world do we find ourselves in this year? Bush leading with women, losing with men!

I have a simple explanation. More men like to marry rich and old widows.
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The spin there made me dizzy. Smile
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are so many polls out there my head is spinning..
azTrish
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveL wrote:
Quote:

Easily explained, most women are like bears protecting the cubs and you don't have to be a mother to feel that way about loved ones. All appreciate truth and HONESTY. Most detest anyone phoney and egotistical. And we see snake oil salesman a mile away. Womans intuition is a powerful thing.

Trish
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Aftgan...elections are going smoothing than ours....
God and Country
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the difference between the party of treason and the Aftgan...terrorist during election time? NONE.

We better win on November 2nd.

God bless America, past, present and always.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveL wrote:
Quote:

American women are becoming more male. American men are becoming more female.

Sam
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

azTrish wrote:
Easily explained, most women are like bears protecting the cubs and you don't have to be a mother to feel that way about loved ones. All appreciate truth and HONESTY. Most detest anyone phoney and egotistical. And we see snake oil salesman a mile away. Womans intuition is a powerful thing.

Trish

Maybe, maybe not. Numerous women write to convicted murderers and engage in pen pal love affairs with them. The Menendez Boys and Ted Bundy come to mind.

Bill Clinton fooled gobs of women. In fact I asked my Clinton loving mother why women like the creep so much and she said it was his boyishness....he was like a devious little boy they wanted to mother.

I think the analysis is flawed regarding Kerry and gender. The actual numbers are probably the reverse.

Aside from the Kerry particulars though, I don't think foolishness, or the ability to spot a snake oil salesman, is gender related.

Men's intuition and judgement is powerful too....but mine may be lacking in making this post. Wink

Zell Miller
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck54 wrote:
azTrish wrote:

Trish

Maybe, maybe not. Numerous women write to convicted murderers and engage in pen pal love affairs with them. The Menendez Boys and Ted Bundy come to mind.

Bill Clinton fooled gobs of women. In fact I asked my Clinton loving mother why women like the creep so much and she said it was his boyishness....he was like a devious little boy they wanted to mother.

I think the analysis is flawed regarding Kerry and gender. The actual numbers are probably the reverse.

Aside from the Kerry particulars though, I don't think foolishness, or the ability to spot a snake oil salesman, is gender related.

Men's intuition and judgement is powerful too....but mine may be lacking in making this post. Wink

Changed the post and made my response a PM. I didn't want to appear to lack intuition and judgement. Very Happy

Sam
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This poll result is of exteme importance..read the internals..just not the percentage results. As far as women..you bet..why? As stated, we are like mother bears..and I for one, want a MAN defending my family, not a wimp..one who wants to "talk" about everything..no way. Bush will win..and he will win big, in the terrorism and leadership category.

The debates are over, thank God, and as I said a few days ago, Kerry is no longer getting the "spotlight"..no one is paying much attention..and when Kerry said what he said about Mary Cheney, and when Edwards came forward with his Messianic message of healing everyone..women do NOT like that at all..Kerry is gone..now the need is to get out the vote..

What really happened? Faith and politics collided last week. When Bush talked about Laura, and then God..it was a defining moment to alot of voters, they respect that, and I hate to say this..FELT it! They knew that Bush is the leader we need for these times, and they also say the most uncomfortable reaction from Kerry when asked the same question..**it matters** and it seems to be what the voters needed.

Final key, look at the Dems faces on camera..and begin to watch the spin..if you start to notice them backing away from Kerry, the pro-Kerry speakers getting smaller and smaller, and those that our running for re-election not asking Kerry to come their way..Ie? Daschle..have not heard much from him, have you? That is a race to watch, looks like SD will have a new Senator..thank God..

The news is good..with about what> 16 days to go..whew! We are almost there my friends..the trends, the state by state..all of it. Watch where Kerry goes..and does not go, that is just as important..I am thrilled..but cautious, so please do not poo poo me by saying, POLLS do not matter, they do matter..especially the internals..which is what is important..

Just vote, and get all those friends to vote too, even if they say it will not matter, it does. Lawyers are in each state already battling..this time around..let it be called election night..because I can not go through another election like last time..I will run out of coffee again... Wink

Keep the faith..we are almost there!

PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
concernedgranny
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, as a woman, most of us have dated a slug like Kerry when we were looking for man like Bush. We can tell a fake when he crawls out from under his rock. I don't think men have those "sensors".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: