SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rock The Vote's e-mail about the "draft" question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thrawn21
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Rock The Vote's e-mail about the "draft" question Reply with quote

I just got this off of NRO's Corner section. This shows the blatant lies of this particular group. They've obviously drunk too much Kerry Kool-Aid

Dear [Name Withheld],
We just received an outrageous letter from the Chairman of the Republican Party, demanding that we stop talking about the issue of the military draft.

He said that the draft issue is just an “urban myth” and Rock the Vote’s
effort is being conducted with “reckless disregard for the truth.”

The truth is that we still haven’t received acceptable answers from the candidates to real questions affecting our lives. The possibility of a draft is not a hoax. It’s a real issue that deserves real answers.

An attempt to silence us by any politician—Democrat, Republican, Whatever—is unacceptable. This is one of the most important issues affecting our generation. And that’s why we need to stand up and make our voices heard right away.

Below is the letter that Rock the Vote sent back to the Chairman. Please read it.

If you like what we are saying, sign our petition to the Chairmen of both
the Republican and Democratic parties asking them to answer some key questions that we have about the draft:

http://www.rockthevote.com/draft

We’re not going to stop talking about the issue of a draft simply because it makes the politicians squirm. We’re not going to let Congress think that a phony vote against the draft settles the matter.

By sending thousands of email draft cards and talking to your friends about the possibility of a draft, you ignited a national dialogue. If you have any doubt, just look at the last two presidential debates—both of which included questions for both candidates on the draft.

Click here to tell both parties that we need answers to some fundamental questions affecting our lives:

http://www..rockthevote.com/draft

Sincerely,
Jehmu Greene
President

PS. And please donate now to support our efforts to make the candidates address this issue. Donate to our campaign today.

I'm with Jonah Goldberg on this one. These punks at Rock the Vote are definately chumps.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

" And please donate now to support our efforts to make the candidates address this issue."

My candidate has already addressed this issue: "There will be no draft." The other guy has said: "There will be a draft."

I think I will pass up the great opportunity to donate to Rock The Vote. The candidates have already addressed the issue. It's pretty simple, really. Kerry will promote a draft. He'll need to since the reenlistment figures will drop to near-zero if he's elected.

Schadow
Zac's Mom
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a shame the folks at Rock the Vote (and others) haven't bothered to take a look at this page that was, at one time, on Jerry Kerry's web site 'Creating a New Army of Patriots' and 'John Kerry Outlines Plan to Require Service for High School Students'

This page is no longer accessible on the Kerry web site, of course, but it can still be accessed and viewed via The Way Back Machine Archives
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the idiotic "Rock the Vote" video where Samuel Jackson mentioned the "draft", what it proves to me is that Mr. Jackson hasn't a thought of his own except for those set down on paper in a script for him. Evil or Very Mad
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My question is this....suppose there were a draft, suppose our country really needed these young people....why the 'fear', are they not willing to fight to protect the freedom they enjoy everyday? It's a shame that both candidates haven't expressed the possibility that our country may need them someday. We are in a global war on terror, do they expect to never have to fight? Times have changed.

Kimberly
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimberly wrote:
My question is this....suppose there were a draft, suppose our country really needed these young people....why the 'fear', are they not willing to fight to protect the freedom they enjoy everyday? It's a shame that both candidates haven't expressed the possibility that our country may need them someday. We are in a global war on terror, do they expect to never have to fight? Times have changed.

Kimberly

I agree.... we shouldn't have to, they should volunteer... but there are to many Michael Moore jrs out there....

in response to the question Moore asked bor re: would you send your kid to die in Fallujah?

I would have said 'If my son or daughter chose the military, I would support him or her all the way. If they were sent to fight in Fallujah, so be it. I have already lost 1 son and would not like to lose another... however, none of us knows when our number is up.... when my son's number is called, fighting for his country and freedom is definitely preferable to a car accident or some other accident of life. ' Crying or Very sad
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: