SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John Stewart just ripped both guys on CNN's Crossfire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: John Stewart just ripped both guys on CNN's Crossfire Reply with quote

I can hardly describe it....but Stewart whom I was getting very frustrated with because of his bias just tore up Tucker....in fact he LITERALLY called him a "dick". No bleeps. "In fact you as much of dick on your show as you are on any show" was the quote.

I sure hope somebody has the audio of the show...or transcript if was AMAZING

His point was that they actually have an opportunity to do a good news show, that they get people to interview, and instead of being serious, as they should be, they just act like political theater.

Said Media went from Biased to partisan.

------------------
full transcript http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0410/15/cf.01.html

partial clip
http://64.91.230.181/~recycler/videos/tucker_pwnd.WMV

Last edited by integritycounts on Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon Stewart is the same guy who had kerry on his show and the toughest question he asked was if Kerry's wife recived a nickel for every bottle of hienz ketchup sold.

Hes a POS like the rest of them.
greenvale
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This stuff is why I never watch CNN..not worthy of my time!
God Bless America,
Greenvale
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched some kind of a documentary on CNN once.

Let me just say that I've seen better film on teeth. Rolling Eyes

Now I don't bother. Fox all the way.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Hot Air Balloon Reply with quote

Let me cheer you up a little:

A woman in a hot air balloon realized she was lost. She lowered her altitude and spotted a man in a boat below. She shouted to him, "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The man consulted his portable GPS and replied, "You're in a hot air
balloon approximately 30 feet above a ground elevation of 2346 feet above sea level. You are 31 degrees, 14.97 minutes north latitude and 100 degrees, 49.09 minutes west longitude.

She rolled her eyes and said, "You must be a Republican."

"I am," replied the man. "How did you know?"

"Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to make of your information, and I'm still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help to me."

The man smiled and responded, "You must be a Democrat."

"I am," replied the balloonist. "How did you know?"

"Well," said the man, "you don't know where you are or where you're going. You've risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise that you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. You're in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but somehow now, it's my fault."
Skypilot
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well," said the man, "you don't know where you are or where you're going. You've risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise that you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. You're in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but somehow now, it's my fault."

Good Stuff! Thanks I needed a laugh!
Please Mr. Kerry Sign Form #180 Now!
Let the truth set you free? NOT!
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was expecting to turn off the show in disgust as well because of Stewart....but he actually went in hard at both of them...saying that they were hurting political discourse. It was ironically an attack on the MSM.

partial clip
JK
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: John Stewart just ripped both guys on CNN's Crossfire Reply with quote

Stewart's ratings are dropping even with a so called "best" seller note he didn't have any trouble reaching number one compared to Unfit for Command it will be interesting to see how his book is treated versus Unfit for Command...

Stewart is a Kerry supporter, gave Kerry soft ball questions and the run of the program, Stewart will now be doing everything in his power to elect Kerry..

I recommend not watching his program and to work against his effort to sway viewers to vote for Kerry, complain to his sponsors especially his recent behavior against Carlson, see Drudge website for details...

JK
jim_nyc
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Daily Show and John Stewart are part of the problem. They dismissed the SBVT out of hand. Had Kerry on and served him up softballs. dismissed the SBVT out of hand. This was right when all of this was first breaking. Stewart wants to hide behind the "we're the fake news" excuse. But satire is one of the most powerful forms of propaganda. Stewart advances his agenda through his show and then wants to pretend it's all just a joke and does no harm or influences no one. I beg to differ. Sure he may hit each side but where and how hard he hits them is the difference. Many young people watch his show for their take on the news.

Now we have ABC Nightline and CBS Sixty Minutes doing their own version of fake news and people can't tell the difference.

Don't be fooled by the fact that the Daily Show follows a comedy puppet show. It is a powerful tool in the lefts arsenal. Why do you think Kerry went there and only there after the Swift Boat Vets made their first strike? The message was ...the SBVT can not be taken seriously. Stewarts jokes were all about how none of the vets actually served with Kerry.

If the Daily Show were an honest political satire show Kerry would be the target because he is the one caught lying about Cambodia in Christmas...Now that lends itself to comedy. I doubt they have done any jokes about that.

I could go on but suffice it to say The Daily Show is no friend of this orginazation.
nickb
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck Z Ombie AC2000 wrote:
Jon Stewart is the same guy who had kerry on his show and the toughest question he asked was if Kerry's wife recived a nickel for every bottle of hienz ketchup sold.

Hes a POS like the rest of them.

yeah, he sucks as an anchor. which is why he isn't one. it's a comedy show. I love to see everyone get all worked up about this, it really makes me chuckle.

that's like asking why jay leno doesn't ask hard hitting questions of his guests. Rolling Eyes
nickb
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: Re: John Stewart just ripped both guys on CNN's Crossfire Reply with quote

integritycounts wrote:
I can hardly describe it....but Stewart whom I was getting very frustrated with because of his bias just tore up Tucker....in fact he LITERALLY called him a "dick". No bleeps. "In fact you as much of dick on your show as you are on any show" was the quote.

I sure hope somebody has the audio of the show...or transcript if was AMAZING

His point was that they actually have an opportunity to do a good news show, that they get people to interview, and instead of being serious, as they should be, they just act like political theater.

Said Media went from Biased to partisan.

------------------

partial clip

I saw this too, and give him kudos for calling them what they are to their faces... hacks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: