SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"FOX News Watch" Topic 'Stolen Honor'

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cali-HeyGirl
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: "FOX News Watch" Topic 'Stolen Honor' Reply with quote

Just caught Eric Burns on Fox News talking about the show which airs on Saturdays at 6:30 p. m. ET
Burns said that 'Stolen Honor' should not be shown because it was not held to account like the media... Shocked
Then he goes on to say that the Michael Moore film had not told any lies Twisted Evil
...'anti-Kerry documentary...Is this a free campaign commerical for President Bush or free speech? Twisted Evil
That is the topic...my e-mail was sent to the show.

If you want to e-mail Eric Burns send it to: newswatch@foxnews.com

OOH-YAH!
directorblue
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: a Reply with quote

Eric Burns is a joke.

If you get a chance watch Fahrenhype 911 - it sets many of the issues straight. Celsius 41.11 does as well, it would appear. Its trailer is quite disturbing.
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that too. Burns said journalistic standards were not used in the making of Stolen Honor . How does he know that ? Does he mean the journalistic standards of the New York Times which had to print seventeen pages of retractions when it became apparent Jason Blair was a liar? Or the high standards of NBC which rigged a GM truck to explode on Dateline? Or maybe CBS which ran with fake documents?
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Burns gets so fussy about journalistic standards. His show, FOX NEWS WATCH, is incredibly boring...panel of aging journalists sniveling about the do's and don'ts of their precious industry. Journalism has gone to heck in a handbasket and has thrown away whatever standards it once had. Why discuss it. Each journalist should be forced to wear a label (democrat, republican or "i" for I don't know) because that is the only way the public will be able to evaluate their of news that isn't even news any more. I would trust the National Enquirer before I would trust any garbage coming from the New York Times. Mainstream media has only itself to blame for its decay. And, I don't trust FOX news that much.
Cali-HeyGirl
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomorelies wrote:
Eric Burns gets so fussy about journalistic standards. His show, FOX NEWS WATCH, is incredibly boring...panel of aging journalists sniveling about the do's and don'ts of their precious industry. Journalism has gone to heck in a handbasket and has thrown away whatever standards it once had. Why discuss it. Each journalist should be forced to wear a label (democrat, republican or "i" for I don't know) because that is the only way the public will be able to evaluate their of news that isn't even news any more. I would trust the National Enquirer before I would trust any garbage coming from the New York Times. Mainstream media has only itself to blame for its decay. And, I don't trust FOX news that much.

OOH-YAH...to all of you who caught what I did...Journalistic??? Laughing
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I've watched it 2x now and taped a few sections to refer to when I write my email....it'll be on a few more times this weekend so I won't send my email off until late sunday or on monday....

Neal of course is totally against the film being shown.... I guess that's their version of 'fair press' .... I usually enjoy the show but not now... Cal is good.... sometimes Jim (tho I thought he was a liberal) now they're saying it's ok for the press to bring up the Oregon poliitcian past..... - but of course, not kerry's .... Neal says 'error on the side of exposure and let the public figure it out',,,, right Neal.... expose the stuff about Kerry.... let us figure it out!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Truegrit
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Journalistic standards Reply with quote

Eric Burns and journalistic standards.

Were journalistic standards used in Koppel's ABC Nightline white wash on Kerry's Silver Star award? Have journalistic standards been followed by the MSM regarding treatment of the documentary evidence on Kerry's trips to Paris to meet with the enemy in 71 -- a story that doesn't seem to be of interest to the MSM -- or regarding his purple hearts? The media has followed a Goebbels-like Big Lie -- a self-imposed Gleichshaltung, to use a Nazi origin term, of taking the Kerry campaign talking points and disregarding the careful documentation provided by the SBVT.

The scandal is the media's unrelenting bias in favor of just those stories that will make Kerry look good!
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote this show about 8 weeks ago and said I was not watching any more because Gabler makes sure he bashes Bush on every show. I wrote down every bash he made so that when I emailed them I had my back up facts. This is allegdedly a program about journalistic ethics. What a joke.

I did watch it last night because of the Stolen Honor topic. The usual panelists who scream for "free press" in regard to Howard Stern and others were against the showing of Stolen Honor.
Neil Gabler who usually screams about the first amendment suddenly had a different turn. Gee, what a surprise. Jane Hall was against it too. Big surprise. Not.

These same people have talked about how government is scaring them by the FCC putting fines on media over Janet Jackson exposing herself, but now they don't want this movie shown.

This show disgusts me and has nothing much to do with fair journalism.
It's all about bias (of the panelists).

Does anyone else feel frightened when people don't notice that freedom of speech for the POWs is being stepped upon? Does anyone else besides me feel frightened about the Kerry campaign trying to shut this down?
I didn't see Bush trying to shut down the alphabet soup MSM every time they tried to discredit him.

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
wpage
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there no more standards in journalism? Or have there ever been any?
I grew up believing Walter Cronkite. Boy was I wrong. I think we've all known for a long time that the MSM swings toward the left, but just didn't realize until now exactly how biased it really is. It makes me want to vomit. We might as well be in a banana republic as far as the news is concerned.

It is to the point that I read as many blogs and opinions as possible and make up my own mind. It is a shame that our liberal professors have stooped to teaching our journalist no research, honesty or ethics.
www.thebattleofkontum.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Stolen Honor" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: