SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Media Research Center-Who Are The "Brainwashers"?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScottyDog
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Media Research Center-Who Are The "Brainwashers"? Reply with quote

New article just posted by Brent Bozell of the Media Research Center:

http://www.mediaresearch.org/BozellColumns/newscolumn/2004/col20041019.asp

Who Are The "Brainwashers"?

by L. Brent Bozell III
October 19, 2004

The decision of Sinclair Broadcasting to air an anti-Kerry documentary in late October is a nightmarish recipe of "creeping fascism, state propaganda, Big Brother and brainwashing." So says the unhinged Molly Ivins, giving voice to the outrage felt by her colleagues in the news media.

Liberals are positively panicked at the idea that somewhere, on some station, at some late date, someone will say something negative about John Kerry without a moment for balance on the other side. Let’s be blunt: welcome to our world, liberals. You’re all for propaganda and brainwashing when it’s Dan, Peter, Tom & Co. are spinning wildly in your direction. In your world, a free press is defined as what happens when so-called "news" professionals sell liberalism relentlessly like a kitchen gizmo on a late-night infomercial.

Conservatives are used to seeing our leaders hounded and our ideas pounded without any quaint notions of balance or fairness on ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, NPR, PBS, and so on. This does not occur on one night every four years. It happens on a daily, even hourly basis. TV news stars have foisted Microsoft forgeries on President Bush (CBS), framed his face next to the letters "I LIE" (NBC), and composed internal memos declaring that the Bush campaign is a cavalcade of liars and must be exposed as such (ABC).

For most of this year, these left-wing journalists have portrayed John Kerry’s war years as if he were a combination of Private Ryan, Sergeant York, and G.I. Joe. They have touted his "chestful of medals," and swooned over every replay of his military home movies (yes, the ones he vowed he’d never use for political gain). Those who remember him differently – as a man who went to battle to polish his political resume and then returned home to smear his comrades in the war effort as vandals, rapists, and murderers – are not to be defined as "newsworthy." Their views are sometimes questioned, usually condemned, parceled out in half-teaspoons of Swift Vet ad clips. They are never invited to sit for extended interviews with Ted Koppel or Dan Rather.

The film Sinclair has ordered its stations to air, "Stolen Honor," interviews Vietnam prisoners of war and their wives at length about the wounds they feel over Kerry’s infamous 1971 Senate testimony. It is a powerful film. It’s a devastating story. It’s no wonder the liberals want it blacklisted before it can be located on television.

But with all the one-sided boosterism of Kerry the war hero, we must ask: Is "Stolen Honor" a blatant offense against balance? Or can it qualify, at least in a few media markets, as a limited but razor-sharp contrast to the liberal media monoculture, as the arrival of balance? "Stolen Honor" critics ought to shut up, sit down, and watch before they condemn it.

For the latest example of the liberal media’s extreme revulsion to the views of anti-Kerry veterans, see ABC’s "Nightline" on October 14. In four previous shows on Kerry’s war history and Swift Boat veteran ads, Ted Koppel never granted an anti-Kerry veteran an extended interview. But this time, Koppel’s show did the incredible, traveling all the way to Vietnam and interviewing self-proclaimed soldiers for the communist regime, soliciting their viewpoint. In aiming to determine what happened on the day Kerry put in for his Silver Star medal, February 28, 1969, Koppel said these old enemies had "no particular ax to grind for or against John Kerry." The spokesmen for a regime that tortured and killed countless American POWs were more trustworthy than American POWs.

After a parade of unsubstantiated hearsay from these Vietnamese peasants, interviewed with an official minder from the communist regime standing around, Koppel sat down with an anti-Kerry veteran on live television for the first time this year. John O’Neill was so shocked by the audacity of ABC’s "news" judgment that he kept returning to the objection that Koppel had been used: "You’ve been had, Ted."

Koppel framed the show as a "chance to set the record straight" – against John O’Neill. Kerry’s G.I. Joe narrative must be upheld, even if it requires traveling around the world and looking up the "independent" Viet Cong to "confirm the essence" of the Kerry mythmakers.

How dare these partisan hacks at ABC and elsewhere sit pompously in their studios and condemn Sinclair! They have no gauntlet of objectivity to toss at anyone. They accuse others of trumped-up, slanted propaganda? In this Kerry-coddling campaign cycle, the pot has never been blacker before rebuking the kettle.
Spiess
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the post.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Media Research Center-Who Are The "Brainwashers& Reply with quote

L. Brent Bozell III wrote:
Who Are The "Brainwashers"? ... How dare these partisan hacks at ABC and elsewhere sit pompously in their studios and condemn Sinclair! They have no gauntlet of objectivity to toss at anyone. They accuse others of trumped-up, slanted propaganda? In this Kerry-coddling campaign cycle, the pot has never been blacker before rebuking the kettle.

Jennings: Objectivity is Too Much to Ask

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=13226_Jennings-_Objectivity_is_Too_Much_to_Ask

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — ABC news anchor Peter Jennings said he’s getting an earful on media coverage.

Jennings is on a swing through battleground states, including Iowa and Missouri, where polls show the race could go either to President George W. Bush or Sen. John Kerry. “I think one of the best reasons to go on the road is just to listen,” Jennings told KETV NewsWatch 7’s Rob McCartney during a stop in Kansas City, Mo., Monday.

Jennings gets questions about a CBS report on Bush’s National Guard service, for which CBS news anchor Dan Rather later apologized and said the story was a mistake. He’s also asked about Sinclair Broadcasting’s decision to air a controversial documentary on Sen. John Kerry’s Vietnam war record. Another big question regards an ABC internal memo from the political director suggesting that reporters need not “reflexively” hold both sides of the presidential election “equally” accountable.

Jennings said the media is now under the hot lights. “I’m a little concerned about this notion everybody wants us to be objective,” Jennings said.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

-- FDL
ScottyDog
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“I’m a little concerned about this notion everybody wants us to be objective,” Jennings said.

They just don't get it, the MSM is not the minister of Information.

Power to the Internet!!
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he finally said it, he does not want to be objective. Evil or Very Mad
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: They "are" the info, the 5% fair the 95% lie. Reply with quote

They call one another and agree in advance on what to do.

They work with "list given them"

They go to clubs after work and laugh about , "those little people"

They make fun of GM, Ford, GE, ect "paying for thier lies"

They are a "clear and present danger to the U S A" and their own

grandchildren, whom they seem to want to live in a world where

LIES RULE.
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God Bless Brent Bozell
happyday
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose I feel a bit vindicated, but not really better about the situation. I've pretty much turned off the tv in my home. After all, for their networks it's ok to show as much sex, violence, slander, crudeness, etc on their programming, things I didn't allow my children to watch, and then they started using language that is just not allowed in my home. I don't use it, my kids aren't allowed to use it, and my tv isn't either. So I pretty much just turned it off except for an hour or two a day.

Bet they don't understand we have that choice too, yet! Twisted Evil
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

happyday wrote:
...I've pretty much turned off the tv in my home....
I'm happy to have the choice too. I haven't watched the OIM (Old Irrelevant Media, pka MSM) for more than two years and turned off Bravo when it went abeam last year. Too bad because I really enjoyed TV, especially Fox and sports. Recently, due to my increasing ire, I've dumped CNN, CNNFN (it too is politically biased), MSNBC, PBS and some others I can't remember. Occasionally, I still watch sports on the OIM but hold my nose and usually keep it muted. Soon, the OIM will lose their monopolies on certain sports and they'll have nothing. Like I said, I'm happy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: