SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need Response to Sinclair

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grateful for SBV
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Need Response to Sinclair Reply with quote

http://www.boycottsbg.com/advertisers/

Here is the site the "left" is using to contact all Sinclair advertisers with one e-mail. I have contacted 15 advertisers but the task is VERY timeconsuming. I am not computer literate enough to set up mass e-mail like this one. Do any of you have skills to do one message that can easily be resent again and again? Like the one we used to protest Dan Rather???

If so, would really be helpful. Free Republic reporting advertisers having conference meeting with Sinclair today to ask that they run the Kerry Documentary to privide equal time. I agree with one of you who posted earlier...Kerry got his equal time when he testified before the Fulbright Commission and John ONeil was not granted time to present an opposing view!
stevieboy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice to have a letter to send to Sinclair to urge them to hold their ground. I would like to see his list of companies that have bucked under. I have not set a foot into a K-Mart since they gave in to Michael Moore and stopped selling ammo.

Look where K-Mart has gone over the last few years. If most of these consumer oriented companies were smart, they would stick to merchandizing and stay our of politics.
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I'd like to see is each of us making a real effort to patronize the advertisers who don't wimp out over the next few months, when any boycott effort can be neutralized. When you watch Stolen Honor, make a written note of who advertises, and support them with your consumer dollars.
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Sinclair will run the show even if they have to do it without advertisement....Why is Kerry afraid of a 45 min. film...becauses it's true..
Sinclair will not pull out...they know the law..if they do, who's next..I'm sure the gov't if they wanted to could have stopped Micheal Moore, brought down Rather...it will be shown..
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sinclair has never said it would air all of Stolen Honor. They are planning an hour long news show that presents the story.
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sbgweb2.sbgnet.com/press/release_20041019_87.shtml

Sinclair isn't showing ANY of 'Stolen Honor', at least according to their press release (above). They'll show (apparently) snippets of it in the context of a "news broadcast".

I guess the FCC put Sinclair's 1st Amendment rights on ice.

No doubt the ACLU will be suing the FCC on behalf of Sinclair. Rolling Eyes
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sinclair has never said they would air all of "Stolen Honor" they emphasized that what they were airing was a news special containing excerpts from "Stolen Honor". From their statement you can see exactly what they think of Kerry and the Kerry campaign.

David Smith noted that, "The experience of preparing to air this news special has been trying for many of those involved. The company and many of its executives have endured personal attacks of the vilest nature, as well as calls on our advertisers and our viewers to boycott our stations and on our shareholders to sell their stock. In addition, and more shockingly, we have received threats of retribution from a member of Senator John Kerry's campaign and have seen attempts by leading members of Congress to influence the Federal Communications Commission to stop Sinclair from broadcasting this news special. Moreover, these coordinated attacks have occurred without regard to the facts since they predated the broadcast of our news special."

Mr. Smith further stated, "We cannot in a free America yield to the misguided attempts by a small but vocal minority to influence behavior and trample on the First Amendment rights of those with whom they might not agree. I have been encouraged, however, by the thousands of e-mails and other messages I, and others, received supporting Sinclair's efforts to hold firm to its ideals in the face of a firestorm of controversy which, ironically, was actually based on misinformation. We also took comfort in the positions of other media organizations which supported our right to present this story notwithstanding any disagreement they may have with the content, as well as in the words of Michael Powell, Chairman of the FCC who refused to block the program, noting that to do so would be 'unconstitutional' and 'an absolute disservice to the First Amendment.
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how do we get it aired? The public access may be the only way. Who knows how this works so we can do it? CTW

Never Ever Kerry
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like this has turned into much to do about nothing. It doesn't even look like this show will be worth watching.

Free speech is only for the leftest OIM now. No longer a right for the rest of us.
fastrock
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suscept Sinclair is making change to more of a news format. That format will work well for SBVT. Maybe live interview with a MOH winner, maybe with O'Neill or Odell or other swiftee.
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, it's pretty clever of Sinclair to do a NEWS program about "Stolen Honor", because in doing so they don't HAVE to give Hanoi John any free air time under the "equal time" statute.

Of course, you KNOW that Hanoi John wouldn't try to refute the facts - instead, he'd use the time to flip flop more meaningless issues.

Good move, Sinclair!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Stolen Honor" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: