SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Great Piece From Scrappleface

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Great Piece From Scrappleface Reply with quote

www.scrappleface.com/ - 77k - Oct 18, 2004 -

Flu Threat Spurs Kerry to Suspend Campaign
by Scott Ott
(2004-10-19) -- America's flu vaccine crisis claimed its first victim today as John Forbes Kerry preemptively suspended his presidential campaign in an attempt to slow the advance of the impending epidemic.

"I defended this country as a young man in Vietnam, and I will defend this country now from the terrifying specter of influenza," said Mr. Kerry, a professional Vietnam veteran and distiguished war protestor who is also a U.S. Senator. "At my last rally, I shook hands with hundreds of people, many of whom routinely sneeze into those very hands. So, in a sense, I took part in atrocities, in that I engaged in a kind of bioterrorism or germ warfare, potentially ravaging entire local populations of Democrats in a fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan."

Mr. Kerry said his campaign would "remain on hiatus until every man, woman and child in this country receives a free vaccination and a year's supply of hand soap and Kleenex."

A spokesman said Mr. Kerry's absence from the campaign trail is just an extension of what he has done to protect his colleagues in the senate for the past year.

"Sen. Kerry believes that all Americans are entitled to the same healthcare that senators get," the source noted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: