SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Congress & Staff Get Flu Vaccine No Restriction Poor Rol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JK
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Congress & Staff Get Flu Vaccine No Restriction Poor Rol Reply with quote

Below message is from the Drudge web site. What bothers me is that the congress and its staff should be setting an example for its citizens. Instead they are shown as an elite group better than the rest of us. In fact this behavior is deplorable when our military personnel can not get a flu innoculations and are at risk.

"Flu Shots Easily Available on Capitol Hill // All Congress members able to obtain them quickly // Capitol's attending physician urged all 535 lawmakers to get vaccines even if young and healthy. People of all ages who are credentialed to work in Capitol can get shot, with no further questions asked, WASH POST splashing on Wednesday newsroom sources tell DRUDGE... MORE... "

JK
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that it was the older ones, but that could be wrong. Since we are at war, I think that they should probably all get the shot. That would also be the doctor's call. The msm and the ******** are pulling out the stops with two weeks to go. They are aiming at the grannies in Florida. That mean ole W is going to end your ss and you can't get flu shots. Watch out everybody.
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congress never lets the "real world" we deal with impede their actions & desires....remember the Congressional "bank" scandal? They could write out checks in excess of their balances and the bank would float them the $$$. They also by and large do not have to comply with the mirad of laws, regulations, rules that they impose on us in the private sector. This is true of both parties unfortunatley. Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does not surprise me.....no wonder there is a shortage....they all do not need it. Hopefully it was only for the older ones. Besides, most people do not think about flu shots unless their health is compromised in some way or they are a senior. Now all of a sudden it is a big deal. Really, it is the dems making something out of nothing, but taking their flu shots so they won't get sick and can torment us some more. Twisted Evil
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every year my immediate family has recieved the vaccine. My wife works in a Hospital and it has been stated in years past that she and all her fellow employees are "High Risk". Not this year though, due to the shortage even healthcare workers can not get it unless they have aggrevating conditions (Chronic Asthma etc..) or are elderly (not too too many in that categorie).
So I am looking forward to some miserey this year when she brings it home from work.
What are you going to do? The damned Attornies drove the manufacturing out of the country.
As to the Congress and all credentialed employees getting it, that just is not right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: