SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I knew a kid in college

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrawDad
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: I knew a kid in college Reply with quote

I knew a kid in college named Phen. He was about ten when the communist took over Vietnam. His parents gave all they had (which was almost nothing) to get him and his brother out of there. He told me the stories of murder, theft, rape and corruption at the hands of the communist. It took him years to get out of that country and get to the U.S. On a crowded stinking boat that almost sank, he managed to make it here. Even though he came with nothing he was able to afford a state school education. His brother worked to send him, then he was going to find a good job and send his brother. He lived off of Ramen noodles and treated himself once in a while to a couple of Budweisers.
Back when the iron curtain was still up (when I knew him) he told me he would not dare to write or try any other type of communication to his parents for fear that they would be killed. In fact he told me he feared they were already dead just because the two sons had vanished.
You should of heard Phen talk about this country, How he loved it, how he could not believe his luck. You should have heard him defend this country against the liberals that run ramped in colleges.

Can you imagine how much his parents must have hated the communists to send there two sons away, to risk death, for the hope of a better life?

Was his situation any different then the 6 million Jews we saved in Germany? (or the 6 million other non Jews?) Was it different then liberating the entire South Pacific from the oppressive fist of the Japanese?

What we did over there as a nation, what you did as individuals, is a thing to be proud of. We tried to save guys like Phen and his family. When you do that, trying to save those lowly people without hope, you are doing the Lords work. When you do the lords work you are walking with God... Walk with God and who can stand against you? What Kerry did was to conspire against those noble actions, he fought against doing the Lords work, and now who does he walk with? Man I wouldn’t want to be in his shoes come judgment day.

DRIVE ON! GOD BLESS! YOU ARE MY HEROS!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: