SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Going Upriver" Investor Wants Equal Time

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: "Going Upriver" Investor Wants Equal Time Reply with quote

Conference Call Today: Investors to Present Sinclair Broadcasting with Offer to Run 'Going Upriver,' Kerry Documentary

10/19/2004 1:54:00 PM

To: Assignment Desk

Contact: Trevor FitzGibbon or Steve Smith, 202-822-5200, both of Fenton Communications,

News Advisory:

-- Telephone News Conference TODAY at 2:30 pm EDT

-- Investors To Present Sinclair Broadcasting With Business Offer to Run 'Going Upriver, Critically Acclaimed Kerry Documentary

-- Seek to Balance Unprecedented Showing of anti-Kerry 'Stolen Honor' on TV Chain

-- Deborah Rappaport, 'Going Upriver' Producers Available at News Conference Today

Deborah Rappaport will discuss her offer to the Sinclair Broadcasting Group to purchase time to air the highly regarded film "Going Upriver; The Long War of John Kerry," as a balance to the broadcasting of an anti-John Kerry film, which Sinclair is planning to air on its 62 television stations.

Investors and philanthropists Andrew and Deborah Rappaport of Redwood City, CA, have contacted the Baltimore-based chain, seeking to inject fair play into its plan to show a 42-minute film called "Stolen Honor: Wounds That Never Heal."

Ms. Rappaport will be joined by the executive producers of "Going Upriver," Vincent Roberti and Bill Samuels on the conference call.

For further information on Going Upriver: http://www.goingupriver.com

WHO: Deborah Rappaport, Bill Samuels and Vincent Roberti

WHAT: Telephone News Conference

WHEN: Tuesday, October 19, 2:30 p.m. EDT

WHERE: Dial-In for Reporters: 1-800-362-0574, conf. ID: Sinclair.

http://www.usnewswire.com/
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sinclair is NOT showing "Stolen Honor;" therefore, they get no "equal time" for something that is not being shown.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, it's pretty clever of Sinclair to do a NEWS program about "Stolen Honor", because in doing so they don't HAVE to give Hanoi John any free air time under the "equal time" statute.

Of course, you KNOW that Hanoi John wouldn't try to refute the facts - instead, he'd use the time to flip flop more meaningless issues.

Good move, Sinclair! Cool
ashter
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how did sKerry's movie get the "critically acclaimed" rating?
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering Sinclair's new intentions for the format of how they will air SH, I would almost rather they show Kerry's film in its entirety and then show SH in its entirety with NO Kerry rebuttle. If their intentions are to allow only seconds of SH to be shown along with an opportunity for Kerry or a stand in to discredit what little of SH will be shown and no opportunity for a POW to participate and debate Kerry, then I would rather it not be shown than to have the dems a free and unlimited voice to discredit and further their cause. If it means a full airing of both films, back to back, with Kerry's going first, I believe that the viewers will have an opportunity to witness the differences and in my opinion, SH will discredit Kerry's film.

Just my opinion.

Kimberly
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Stolen Honor" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: