SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CANCELLING MY SUBSCRIPTION TO TIME MAGAZINE
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: CANCELLING MY SUBSCRIPTION TO TIME MAGAZINE Reply with quote

Dear Friends,

Some things take a little longer to register to my old brain. I have a professional clinic and subscribe to varous magazines for my clients to read in the lobby. I just took a look at the newest issue of TIME magazine and saw how liberal it is. I made an executive decision today. I decided that any magazines that do not reflect my conservative point of view will not be in my lobby for my clients. So, I just went on-line to cancel my subscription to TIME. So, if you have lobby magazines you may wish to consider how you can go about silencing their propaganda. Here is what I just wrote to TIME:

Quote:
Please cancel my subscription. Take the forthcomng issues and put them on Joe Klein's desk and tell him that I suggest that he may want to put them in a place not fit to describe here. For the record, your magazine is totally out of touch with MY mainstream part of America. Your mainstream is not mine. I can and will control what my patients read in my lobby. It will not be TIME Magazine. Not now or ever, thank you. I will only subscribe to magazines that reflect my conservative values. I don't need to remind you of the coming revolution by conservatives who are not going to take it any more from a bunch of moonbats.

Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better put Newsweek and even People on that list, nomorelies. Wink

Good going!
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an excellent cancellation letter, and what a biter too I would ssay that the place I see Time the most is in a doctors office sitting in the basket. funny I guess you can look at it this way, Time has been circular filed all across the country Very Happy Now if we can just get all the others to cancel their subscriptions also Very Happy
PrinceLazar
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: CANCELLING MY SUBSCRIPTION TO TIME MAGAZINE Reply with quote

Nomorelies wrote:
Dear Friends,

Some things take a little longer to register to my old brain. I have a professional clinic and subscribe to varous magazines for my clients to read in the lobby. I just took a look at the newest issue of TIME magazine and saw how liberal it is. I made an executive decision today. I decided that any magazines that do not reflect my conservative point of view will not be in my lobby for my clients. So, I just went on-line to cancel my subscription to TIME. So, if you have lobby magazines you may wish to consider how you can go about silencing their propaganda. Here is what I just wrote to TIME:

Quote:
Please cancel my subscription. Take the forthcomng issues and put them on Joe Klein's desk and tell him that I suggest that he may want to put them in a place not fit to describe here. For the record, your magazine is totally out of touch with MY mainstream part of America. Your mainstream is not mine. I can and will control what my patients read in my lobby. It will not be TIME Magazine. Not now or ever, thank you. I will only subscribe to magazines that reflect my conservative values. I don't need to remind you of the coming revolution by conservatives who are not going to take it any more from a bunch of moonbats.

Good, it is about time more physicians are starting to let the liberal lawyering parasites know we have had ENOUGH of being 24/7 ATM's for their greedy special interest groups.

At the same time, Time has evolved into a magazine more in line with Pravda of the 70's than a modern newsmagazine. But, on second thought, so has most "news-tabloids" of today.

If we all left it to the loonie left ot buy the liberal magazines, they would run out of fuel pretty much.

Need some wood?!?!
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what we Must do if we're going to have a new media. We have to stop supporting the old media, and start supporting those who do reflect our beliefs and values.
Cancel your liberal mags, and tell your cable company to block at least one liberal cable channel so it will never irritate you again. Drop cable if you can live without it. Tell them you'll resubscribe when you can order only the channels you want to support. Cancel your daily paper, if necessary.
But then, subscribe to an online paper or magazine, and decide to send a regular donation to one blog you read. Order the Wall Street Journal. Buy at least one of those conservative books you've been wanting to read, and order it from the author's website.

We can marginalize the extremists who think they are mainstream, and see if they have what it takes to compete in a capitalistic country when their power to suppress/ignore/distort is gone.
PrinceLazar
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Let's show them. Reply with quote

shadowy wrote:
This is what we Must do if we're going to have a new media. We have to stop supporting the old media, and start supporting those who do reflect our beliefs and values.
Cancel your liberal mags, and tell your cable company to block at least one liberal cable channel so it will never irritate you again. Drop cable if you can live without it. Tell them you'll resubscribe when you can order only the channels you want to support. Cancel your daily paper, if necessary.
But then, subscribe to an online paper or magazine, and decide to send a regular donation to one blog you read. Order the Wall Street Journal. Buy at least one of those conservative books you've been wanting to read, and order it from the author's website.

We can marginalize the extremists who think they are mainstream, and see if they have what it takes to compete in a capitalistic country when their power to suppress/ignore/distort is gone.

If this is done heavily on a broad front it will solidify our base, send STRONG message and not the least; save us some bucks to put into REAL media.

I personally thing a STRONG base should be built up after this election with an official website where all MSM and liberal crap will be "blacklisted".

Time Magazine and Newsweek cannot survive living of liberals alone.

Need some wood?!?!
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called Playboy and canceled my subscription dating back to the mid 1960s. The eye candy could no longer get me past wanting to throw up while reading the extremely liberal anti-Bush articles and jokes.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomorrow when I go back to the clinic I will thoroughly check the magazine rack. PEOPLE magazine is the next to go . I will then subscribe to Weekly Standard. Any other suggestions?
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My grandfather used to tell me it was a commie rag, so I never have read it. Guess he was correct.
armybrat
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomorelies wrote:
Tomorrow when I go back to the clinic I will thoroughly check the magazine rack. PEOPLE magazine is the next to go . I will then subscribe to Weekly Standard. Any other suggestions?

American Rifleman
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armybrat wrote:
Nomorelies wrote:

American Rifleman

That works. How about HOT ROD? Anything from NASCAR?
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

National Review!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And forget all the womens mags.........biased and supporting guess who? Twisted Evil
Jerald L. Parsoneault
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I travel to Europe a lot for business and have subscribed for some time now to the Economist inorder to stay current on developments in Europe. In the last few months, all they have done is bash President Bush, not in a scholarly way, but by taking every opportunity to present him to the Euroean public as either a clown or a dumb reckless cowboy. I have cancelled my subscrition. When I am travelling, I also avoid buying the International Herald Tribune, a mouthpiece for the New York Times.

Nalt
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New York Post is a great conservative daily newspaper.

BTW they are owned by Fox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: