SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"OPPORTUNIST" - An Ad Concept for Your Considerati

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PowerPro
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: "OPPORTUNIST" - An Ad Concept for Your Considerati Reply with quote

I believe that the most effective ads are those that show how John Kerry's actions back in the early 70's give insight into his character and how he would lead as commander in chief. There needs to be a real tie in to current events to highlight his lack of character and why that's relevant today.

[NOTE: Please understand - I get the SwiftVets. I understand why they're upset and horrified at the notion of this traitor as being the leader of the armed forces. But the difference is that I was open to considering what the Swiftees said about him and also I can connect the dots as to how this character gap would affect us today. But a lot of people feel this is just old history that needs to be put to rest. Too many, sadly, are simply interested in the "here and now" and what a candidate can do for them. They need to see why John Kerry's past is relevant to today!]

So with 2 weeks to go, I humbly suggest the following as a theme for a Swiftee ad:

======================================

"Opportunist"

<<during the first part of the ad, show clips of current events in Iraq and Afghanistan while scrolling the list of the flag officers to the left side>>

In an open letter this week, over 120 flag officers voiced their opposition of John Kerry, stating John Kerry's most egregious vote was the vote against troops currently fighting in the War on Terror.

"Just weeks earlier, Senator Kerry said that a no vote on the funding would be "irresponsible" and would amount to a vote to "abandon our troops." And yet, that is exactly what Senator Kerry did."

And why you may ask?

"We now know from Senator Biden and from Senator Kerry's own staff that this vote against the troops was cast out of political expediency as a way to stall the momentum of Governor Dean. Senator Kerry voted against troops in combat for his own political benefit."

<<during the second part of the ad, show clips from the Vietnam era - ending with his picture in the Vietnam museum - and scroll the list of POWs and Swiftees on the right side>>

John Kerry has a history of choosing political expediency over troops in combat. While still serving in the Navy Reserves, John Kerry testified before a Senate committee that the courageous men serving in Vietnam were war criminals, guilty of horrific offenses before ceremoneously tossing his medals over a wall. Then he voiced enemy propaganda while our troops were still in harms way and is even honored in their museum as a war hero.

As the letter from this week states, "There is nothing more important than supporting troops at war."

We couldn't agree more.

John Kerry betrayed the troops back then and betrays them still today.

======================================

I know it's long so perhaps just the concepts can be used.

Thank you for your consideration.

Thank you SBVs & POWs FT! Your service to this country is incalculable!!!
PowerPro
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: What, no feedback? Reply with quote

I want to know what you think!

Please feel free to share your thoughts...

Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerPro, I couldn't agree more, if there is another ad (I was under the impression that there were no more plans for another).

I think if we are realistic we will have to admit to ourselves that the Vietnam Veterans (and their spouses and children) who were insulted and grieviously hurt or humiliated by John Kerry's doings are really still a small minority. As I've tried to explain before in this forum, I'm not at all sure that that message resonates, or even "computes," with most voters under the age of 40, and not many in the 40-50 year-old range.

If there are any further ads, then I agree with PowerPro. Update the message so that it can connect with a wider base. And the best way I think that can be done is to craft a message that connects his conduct of the past to his almost-certain conduct of the future. In other words, don't change the message, but evolve it.

And having said all that, it's probably too late anyway.
PowerPro
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: I Fit Into That Category Reply with quote

I'm 31 years old and obviously am not of that generation.

But I think that an ad like this could serve to "connect the dots" with regard to Kerry's opportunistic look on everything from flu shots to war.

With regard to timing, you're right...it is late.

However, I've seen ads come out to respond to an ad from the same day! So it can be done quickly if the will is there.

Besides, this is it. After the next couple weeks, it won't matter how much the Swiftees have raised for ads - so I say ALL OR NOTHING on this ad or something similiar.

What say you?

Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better late than never!

If the SBVT still have a few million dollars left, and money keeps coming in, it will be WORTHLESS after the election if Kerry wins. We've got to "pull out all the stops" VERY SOON and "throw the kitchen sink" at Kerry, and I agree with other posters here that the ads thus far don't resonate much with non-military non-veteran voters.

The "Opportunist" ad suggested by PowerPro could do the trick if it was edited down to 60 seconds.

Another possibility would be to play back a tape of Kerry saying that he met with Madame Binh (with an announcer explaining that she represented the Viet Cong), then play a tape of Kerry's suggestion during the first debate, after he says "Iran is moving toward nuclear weapons", that "With respect to Iran...I think the United States should have offered the opportunity to provide the nuclear fuel", followed by an announcer: "John Kerry: Negotiating with the enemy in 1970. Arming the enemy in 2005."

Another possibility would be to play back Kerry's Senate testimony where he said, if the US withdrew from Vietnam, "we have an obligation to offer sanctuary to the perhaps 2000, 3000 people who might face...political assassination or something else." Then Senator Aiken: "I think your 3000 estimate might be a little low because we had to help 800,000 find sanctuary from North Vietnam after the French lost at Dien Bien Phu."

Then pan over the Wall, "Because of John Kerry's actions, 58,000 American soldiers died in vain", then show scenes of carnage in South Vietnam, "and over two million South Vietnamese were brutally massacred after we abandoned them."

Then play Kerry's 2004 statement about his wanting to withdraw the troops from Iraq within six months, with an announcer: "With a track record like this, do you trust John Kerry to defend America and our allies in the War on Terror?"
Jarhead
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarhead agrees. Although, I think most of the Swiftvet have been great, I still do not beleive that the "traitor" label has been seared into the minds of the viewers. Kerry need to be called exactly what he is and that is a "traitor"! He came back from Viet Nam, crossed over to the other side, met with the enemy, promoted their agenda (which was for the US to surrender), then threw his medals over the fence. If this is not a "traitor", then I don't know what is. A 60 second commerical labeling Kerry a "traitor", elaborating on how he met with the ENEMY in a time of war, and a picture of Kerry in the Communist war museum would do the trick. Blitz every swing state with this ad a week before election day, make sure that enough people see it and talk about it and Kerry is finished. If the Republicans had any damn b$alls, they would do the same damn thing 3 days before the election. We are definitely playing too nice with this turd!

"I am a bold Internationalist, I will only disperse American troups around the world at the discretion of the United Nations" - John Kerry

$UCK THE CORRUPT UNITED NATIONS - I am a Jarhead and I approve this message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: