SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E-mail to Senator John McCain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redhawk34
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: E-mail to Senator John McCain Reply with quote

I tried to send the following e-mail to the Senator's office today, but I'm not sure it went through. I'll post it here, I'm sure someone will call it to his attention.

Senator,
I am a contributor at Swiftvets.com. My comments may be found at;
http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=200
(Redhawk34)

Sir, if you wish to understand the terms "dishonest and dishonorable", I suggest you peruse Senator Kerry's testimony before Congress in 1971, which legitimized the slander heaped on the Vietnam Veteran for decades. You express a wish to heal the wounds of that war, a worthy cause, no doubt, but these events did happen and to pretend that they did not is not a cure but self-delusion.
Senator Kerry has held up his service in Vietnam as evidence of his fitness for the Presidency. Evidence should be examined. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but Mr. Kerry left his unit and returned home, citing a Naval regulation allowing this for those wounded three times. I further understand that the utterly trivial nature of these wounds makes this decision questionable. I cannot see how this unseemly departure squares with the US Navy's tradition of loyalty to one's crew and unit.
I expect, in a candidate for the Presidency, some level of loyalty which goes beyond self-interest. It is completely appropriate for me to examine his actions at that time to judge his fitness for high office now.
There is a First Amendment to the Constitution, "McCain Feingold" notwithstanding, and we at "Swiftvets" intend to use it. This e-mail will be posted there.
Respectfully,
Redhawk34 (Name deleted, I get enough spam)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: