SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ads NOT hitting hard enough
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonmart
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Ads NOT hitting hard enough Reply with quote

I want to donate again but I would like to put my 2 cents in about what should be shown. The new ads are good but there is no "buzz" about them. They do not hit Kerry hard enough and are not memorable...

IMO the ads need to emphasize that ALL of jfk's commanders think he is a loose cannon and unfit. Steve Gardener needs to be front and center that he was there and jfk is a fraud. Obviously his actions after his return. And maybe most importantly, that the media claims that the Swift Vets having been discredited is completely false. But again, IMO, the ads need to be hard hitting like a Zel Milller speech. People talk about that.

Come'on hit him like you mean it!

Also, 2 more cents worth. I will continue to donate after Nov 2 if you guys will go after the people that called you liars, etc. Sue them for defamation, slander, whatever. Take them to court, both real court and the court of public opinion, whatever, but nail them. Gawd, these people make me sick and I for one would like to see them shut up.

My thanks to the Swift Vets and the POWs... for your service and for what you are doing now.
FUZZY
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Those around me say (Deleted by Admin) and they are like I am but the add needs a stab or bite to it.

Thank you Swifties for all you do but there must be some way to drive it home and make our real feelings known to those non-vet voters who see it.

Wrap the coward/traitor/liar JFK up in one package and throw him someplace where the sun don't shine!!

Kerry lied while good men died.

A.D.Barron

Admin note: While we appreciate your motivation, we have no intention to billboard anti-SVPT rhetoric. Thanks
fr11
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I really want to see is an ad that says "Sen. Kerry, why do you still refuse to release your military records? All you have to do is sign a simple Form 180. President Bush released all his records - why won't you? What are you hiding?"
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree to a large extent.

I like all of the ads that Swifties put out, but IMHO, they need to be hardhitting and dramatic.

You want to create a serious doubt or even fear of Kerry in the minds of viewers as a result of any ad.

Not much time left to have ads resinate. . .time & repetition is necessary for it to resinate and make a difference.

Plus, they have the added benefit to make Kerry have to answer for what is in the ad!

Meetings in Paris, Riots of 60's, more testimony, ties with communists, endorsement of Arafat and other similar nations, picture in communist museum of our enemies. . .etc

Using Kerry's own words and images are the most effective.
MassInd
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fr11 wrote:
All I really want to see is an ad that says "Sen. Kerry, why do you still refuse to release your military records? All you have to do is sign a simple Form 180. President Bush released all his records - why won't you? What are you hiding?"

Amen. Again.
Islander
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: The Wall Reply with quote

How about a pan of the Vietnam memorial . . . names of those who died there and in the background have John Kerry's testimony calling them ALL baby killers, rapists, cut off heads, cut off ears, etc. etc. 58,000 names who have been silent all these years. Our brothers and sisters whose life was tarnished in history by Kerry in April, 1971.
Sun Tzu
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See the following thread:

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13713
KyThunder
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most of your media and news are bias...

the swift ads can't get a fair shake...

but i agree, the ads need to hit more harder against kerry....
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still get the "that's all been disproven" from coworkers, etc. I would like to see the ads end with a picture of the book and the statement that "Everything in this book is true, we all stand by it, nothing contained within it has been disproven! John Kerry is UNFIT FOR COMMAND and must NEVER be President of the United States!!" all said with appropriate emphasis.
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and one more thing...it is really tiring having to fight the MSM notion that the Navy records prove Kerry's story...wish the ads could also get the message across that Kerry was the source for most of those Navy records!
Jonmart
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good suggestions all!

I hope the guys that create the ads are reading this all, and whatever else shows up. I for one am ready to donate again but I want to know that it is going to hit harder! Blast the bastard. Hit him so he can't get up.
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's time to pull out the T word and use it repeatedly.
coolhand
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is line that you can cross when negative ads can actually backfire and turn undecideds off. Maybe a bifurcated strategy is needed. Run tough ads in smaller conservative markets to rally the base. And run strategicly placed character ads in other areas.

No new ads will have the impact of the initial ads because the media failed to do its job a sold the public a false bill of goods on Kerry. Once the issue was aired the impact dissapated somewhat. Just keep plugging away and make sure everybody joins the ground war. The most important thin in the last week is the get out the vote effort which is muh important than ad placement.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: The Wall Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
How about a pan of the Vietnam memorial . . . names of those who died there and in the background have John Kerry's testimony calling them ALL baby killers, rapists, cut off heads, cut off ears, etc. etc. 58,000 names who have been silent all these years. Our brothers and sisters whose life was tarnished in history by Kerry in April, 1971.

yeah, we need something that's spicey enough to get all the news places abuzz with it.... controversy over it.....

I love the one about the memorial and kerry's words while panning it....

maybe that could end with 'Kerry release your milirary records.... tell the truth.... their blood is on your hands!

if we can do more than one.... the paris trip.... picture of kerry in museum... and the picture I've seen on forum of the skulls....and one other thing.... I've gotta find it and paste in.... back in a minute....

here it is:

"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged." - - President Abraham Lincoln

maybe that should go with the first ad..... Confused

gotta email this to bor..... Smile
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonmart wrote:
Good suggestions all!

I hope the guys that create the ads are reading this all, and whatever else shows up. I for one am ready to donate again but I want to know that it is going to hit harder! Blast the bastard. Hit him so he can't get up.

yeah!!!! HIT 'EM HARD!!! Knock the breath out of him.... and all his spinheads!!!! turn them all into bobbleheads - I saw his head a bobbling on Fox this a.m. while he was giving a speech..... Why does he do that!!!! oh right! he's agreeing with himself.... 'yeah, everyone clap for me.... clap more for me..... louder... louder! I'm wonderful.... I was in Vietnam.... did you all know that? I'm a hero ! clap louder, I was in Vietnam - I'm a hero!!!!' bobble-bobble-booble Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

we need a bobble head icon!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: