SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Join Our Picket Against Kerry!! Raleigh, NC
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Chamberlain
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Join Our Picket Against Kerry!! Raleigh, NC Reply with quote

A group of us here in Raleigh NC have been picketing each weekend to inform voters about John Kerry's record. We will be working the streets around the North Carolina State Fair this Saturday.

We need your help!!

We are having an effect, but we need to have more people join our effort.

We carry signs. We pass out handouts. We pass out cards with the URL of the Website I have set up - http://www.betrayed-vietnam-vet.info. We tell people there is a lot of information about John Kerry that the mainstream media is not allowing to be told. We find a majority of the people to be receptive. We need more people with us. I have changed some of our signs to read "Veterans Against Kerry" and "Americans Against Kerry", so we have a sign to fit the status of any volunteer. Come on out folks and give us a hand!!

If you can help out, contact me at rlchamberlains@earthlink.net

I have attached some pictures showing what we are doing.

If you can't make it yourself, pass the information along to anyone you know in our area.

Useful anti-Kerry campaign material at:
http://www.betrayed-vietnam-vet.info
Bob Chamberlain
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, our third weekend out on the campaign trail was very successful. The NC State fair is being held in Raleigh (today is the last day) and NC State was playing Miami (Miami won 45 to 31) in a stadium that is more or less co-located with the fairgrounds. I got a parade permit for a street that leads from a large parking lot up to the fairgrounds. Between the fair and the football game, we had a LOT of foot traffic going by. And a lot of stalled auto traffic too. We passed out lots of fliers to people in cars while they waited for traffic to move.

I had considerably more volunteers than on the previous two weekends. In all, about 10 total, although we generally had no more than 6 present at any one time. Thanks to Tom, Mike, Ed, Brandon, Sharon (?), Kari, Bill, Shawn and Bay. And of course, my wife Teresa. Of special interest is my new friend Bay - a true Vietnam Veteran - of the Navy of the Republic of South Vietnam. Bay made it out when Saigon fell in 1975, earned two college degrees and has built a solid, successful career as an engineer. But he misses his country terribly. And he is committed to defending America aginst John Kerry. Bay stood patiently with his sign for 9 hours straight. I don't think he sat down even once. (I sure did!!) As he stated very eloquently (and from personal experience), "If you don't defend your country, you will lose it." Even if you defend your country as Bay did, you can lose it anyway if your enemies are strong and your friends are weak. Bay is as committed as anyone I know to doing everything he can to insure John Kerry's defeat. He feels that John Kerry already contributed once to the defeat of his country, and he doesn't want John Kerry to do the same thing to his adopted country. I admire Bay. He's quite a man and a true American. Bay also said that his 17-year old son wants to join the Navy. Bay said he approves - but only if Bush wins the election. I agree with those sentiments entirely.

Our efforts were very worhtwhile. We contacted hundreds of people - certainly over a thousand. We passed out business cards that read:

John Kerry is unfit to be President
Learn about John Kerry's record at:

We passed out fliers detailing why he is unfit. We talked until our tongues were tired. I am sure we "bought" some votes for Bush through our efforts. Over half of the crowd was black and they support Kerry by at least 4 to 1. But a number of blacks were willing to talk with us and I think we might have made some headway among this demographic. Among Caucasians, the ratio was 60/40 or maybe even 70/30 for Bush. That pretty much agrees with our experiences over the last two weekends. We had a lot of young people in this crowd, and they were also very strongly pro-Bush, which surprised me to some extent. All told, our very unscientific poll would indicate that President Bush will do much better in North Carolina than the professional polls seem to indicate. I sure hope I am right.

This is our Command Post vehicle, with the addition of the flag of the Republic of South Vietnam - provided by Bay.

Bay and me.

Bill and Bay.

Brandon and me.

Working the crowd.

Tom and Ed.

Even Shawn's son Devon got into the spirit.

We will be going out one final time next weekend. Anyone who can work with us is welcome. As you can see by the signs, we have Vietnam Veterans, Veterans and just plain old Americans working with us. If you can make it, contact me at rlchamberlains@earthlink.net for details of when and where.

Last edited by Bob Chamberlain on Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I so want to do something like this around New Port Richey Florida - If anyone is out there PM me!

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob...

Excellent job...again! Damn that looks like fun Wink

Is Bay gonna sign up in the forum? Sure sounds like a man with some "gravitas" who'd fit right in here Wink
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump - Awesome job - Way to go - great pics and encouragement for all of us!

Sleepless
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE seeing these pictures - thank you for sharing them.

Congratulations - you all have "the right stuff!"
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing the pictures and hearing the stories is super motivating! Makes me want to go buy a pickup truck so I can plant a sign in it and be a mobile billboard.

- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Avalon66
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to be nitpicky or anything...but the pic of the adorable lil boy giving out cards...is my lil boy and his name is Devon... Smile

He has been very interested in this election.. and has determined that Kerry is not a good man!! Makes us proud!!

Laughing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devon...YOU'RE DA MAN! Wink
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devon 2048!!!

- Winston Churchill
Bob Chamberlain
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize for getting the name wrong. I should have written it down. My ears don't work so very well - ever since I made that first little trip at government expense.

Avalon66
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a problem Bob...!! Devon was really happy that he got to help and I appreciate ya letting him!! Thanks Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bob Chamberlain
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A primary focus of our efforts each weekend has been to get people to go to the Website I have set up where I have documented Kerry's record as best I can. My belief is that anyone who takes the time to read the information on this site cannot posssibly believe John Kerry is suited to be President. Each Sunday (after our Saturday picketing), there is a peak in traffic that bleeds down over the week. Saturday, there were 299 visitors to my site. Sunday there were 1390. That is proof that what we are doing is having an effect. We've got one more weekend. Come on everybody, get out on the streets this weekend and talk to people. Go knock on your neighbors' doors and talk to them. If you need materials, there are plenty of handouts and posters ready to print on my website. We can make a difference.

USMC_CommGod
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: WE DID IT!! Reply with quote

http://www.foxnews.com/youdecide2004/races.html?NC Cool

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/politics/Elections2004/States/NC.html Laughing

(oh and this too)
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2004/story?id=213285&page=1 Twisted Evil

http://www.cbsnews.com/elements/2004/09/27/in_depth_politics/map645854_0_state_nc.shtml Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob - you've have done great work. Your signs are absolutely wonderful.

I've told a few friends about them - explaining as best I could. I'm going to copy them over and email to my friends.

the last 4 or so pics don't show up for me - I just see a box with a red X in it. Does anyone know why? I feel so cheated - I want to see them all! and Devon!

You sure are an inspiration ! Great news about the hits on your site.

This proves to us all - as did the Swifties - how a few people can work together to make a difference. I think back to seeing John O'Neil on one of the Fox shows and wondering what it was all about.... about the 2nd time I saw him on a show, I copied down the website and went there (here) to check it out! What an eye opener - I started researching on Kerry (using this site / links etc mostly) - I can't thank you all enough.

Keep up the good work.... we're not thru with Kerry yet!

You can pass on to your future generations that you played a great part in our history ! Write it down - hope you kept a journal - if not, do a summary (copy out posts from here about your picketing) to preserve for your grand and great and great great etc kids! What a legacy you will leave to them. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!

I sure have enjoyed following your posts and your adventures in educating the public on Kerry.
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: