SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DISCRIMINATION TO THE MAX!! CALL THE IRS SOMEONE!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: DISCRIMINATION TO THE MAX!! CALL THE IRS SOMEONE!!! Reply with quote

HELP!!
Where are our attorneys??
Doesn't the Republican Party have any PATROLS on this site!!!????

Can we not file an official objection or ANYTHING!??
This is increasing my PARANOIA!!
Even paranoiacs have real enemys!!
I am starting to believe that
HUMPTY DUMPTY WAS A CONSPIRACY!!!
Make it a LET'S DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS DAY.
Mary Ann Parker
*I am now unable to spell correctly Rolling Eyes
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/10/22/121128.shtml

With Carl Limbacher and NewsMax.com Staff
For the story behind the story...

Friday, Oct. 22, 2004 12:09 a.m. EDT
Philly Mayor Enlists Black Clergy in Kerry Vote Drive

Philadelphia Mayor John Street is pressing his city's clergyman to actively campaign for John Kerry, urging them to join a get-out-the-vote drive on behalf of the Democratic ticket.

"We have to get our people out to the polls, and we have to get them out in a big sort of way," Mayor Street told 100 pastors gathered at Philadelphia's national black clergy summit earlier this month. "If the clergy in this country says 'get out to the polls and vote for John Kerry,' our people will go."

Apparently immune from federal law barring church involvement in political campaigns, Philadelphia's clergy has long been active in Democratic Party politics.
Reporting on Street's entreaty to clergyman earlier this week, the Philadelphia Inquirer noted:

"African American pastors in Philadelphia mobilized an army of church volunteers from their traditionally Democratic memberships to help drive [Street] to victory in 1999 and to an overwhelming reelection last year.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg. The paper adds:

"Black Clergy of Philadelphia and Vicinity, an influential group of pastors from about 450 churches, has voted to back the Democratic ticket and is gearing up a 'Take Your Soul to the Poll' campaign in hopes of delivering the African American electorate on election day."

Kerry campaign staffer Don Jones boasted to the Inquirer, "We've activated every minister." And he urged members of their flocks to vote even if they're not registered.

"Our message is: Do not walk out of that polling place, do not say, 'Oh, I thought I was registered but I guess I'm not,' " Jones said. "Vote. Use a provisional ballot. Get out there."

Provisional ballots were legalized under the 2002 "Help America Vote Act," and allow unregistered voters to vote, pending certification after the election.

The Kerry campaign has a staff of 10 working on outreach efforts involving black churches.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: