SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Celsius4I.II & Fahrenhype 9/11

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BPC69
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: Celsius4I.II & Fahrenhype 9/11 Reply with quote

Just throwing this out there in this fourm because I found it kind of strange. Yesterday I rented Fahrenhype 9/11 from Blockbuster and watched it. Good flick, definitely recommend it to those who frequent this website. Anyway, this afternoon I received a phone call (recording) saying 'hello this is 'so and so' and if you liked the Blockbuster movie Fahrehype 9/11 and are frustrated with blah blah and blah blah Michael Moore stuff then go see Celsius4I.II coming to a theater near you'.

Weird. How did they get my name, from Blockbuster? From a voter registration DB? Somebody watching me? Checking my online surfing profile? odd if you ask me. Of course I'm going to go see the movie and of course will definitely be watching Stolen Honor this evening or at least the news special on it on my affiliate network. Still though, makes you wonder what the heck was that phone call all about?

Anyway anybody get one of those phone calls or have any similar experiences? Just curious. Thanks.

BPC in CNY.

Question
meggaditto
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Celsius4I.II & Fahrenhype 9/11 Reply with quote

BPC69 wrote:
Just throwing this out there in this fourm because I found it kind of strange. Yesterday I rented Fahrenhype 9/11 from Blockbuster and watched it. Good flick, definitely recommend it to those who frequent this website. Anyway, this afternoon I received a phone call (recording) saying 'hello this is 'so and so' and if you liked the Blockbuster movie Fahrehype 9/11 and are frustrated with blah blah and blah blah Michael Moore stuff then go see Celsius4I.II coming to a theater near you'.

Weird. How did they get my name, from Blockbuster? From a voter registration DB? Somebody watching me? Checking my online surfing profile? odd if you ask me. Of course I'm going to go see the movie and of course will definitely be watching Stolen Honor this evening or at least the news special on it on my affiliate network. Still though, makes you wonder what the heck was that phone call all about?

Anyway anybody get one of those phone calls or have any similar experiences? Just curious. Thanks.

BPC in CNY.

Question

I have not but my wife is registered Repbulican and got a letter from DNC thanking her for being a Democrat and asking for money to fight Bush...it went into the trash.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think that they got it from Blockbuster. It's like when you order a book from Amazon and they tell you what other books people are buying that bought your book. It's a form of advertising. I don't know for sure, call Blockbuster and ask them.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my copy of Celsius 41.11, yesterday and it is really outstanding.

Refutes Michael Moore-on's deceits quite handily and shows Kerry in all his various disguises.

I don't know if the page is still available or not, but I ordered it a little over two weeks ago for a $25 donation to CitizensUnited.org

http://www.citizensunited-interactive.org/cart.asp

If that doesn't work for you (I may have it in my browser's cache even though it no longer exists on the Citizen's United site.) try this page on CU:
http://www.citizensunited-interactive.org/c41.11/ and see if the option is available to order it, yet.

It'll probably sell for $15, but I didn't mind paying extra to help fund airings of this (TRUE) documentary.
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BPC...lock your doors...M. Moore has your address.

On second thought...don't lock your door...instead lock and load! Twisted Evil

Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And speaking of inspiring films, I just got a copy of "Up From Zero" today and just finished watching it. The story of cleaning up Ground Zero.

You can order a complimentary copy from the Department of Labor, here.
http://www.dol.gov/opa/dvd/

Don't miss it - the story is uplifting and demonstrates a part of this thing that we call "the American spirit."
Curtis H.
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
And speaking of inspiring films, I just got a copy of "Up From Zero" today and just finished watching it. The story of cleaning up Ground Zero.

Yes, I got that a few weeks ago. Good watch. I'd suggest others signup for a copy. It's free!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Stolen Honor" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: