SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anti-Kerry Veterans Send Mail to 6 States

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject: Anti-Kerry Veterans Send Mail to 6 States Reply with quote

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=1963&e=25&u=/ap/20041022/ap_on_el_pr/swift_boat_mailings_2&sid=96378798

Anti-Kerry Veterans Send Mail to 6 States

Fri Oct 22, 6:14 PM ET
WASHINGTON - Vietnam veterans who oppose John Kerry (news - web sites)'s presidential campaign sent out 2.4 million pieces of mail in six battleground states over the past two weeks, restating their complaints against the Democratic candidate.

Sean McCabe, a spokesman for Swift Vets and POWs for Truth, said Friday that two mailings went to the same 1.2 million households in Minnesota, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Wisconsin and New Mexico, targeting homes where veterans reside.

A 12-page color mailing claims Kerry lied about his service in Vietnam, betrayed fellow soldiers by accusing them of war crimes and assisted leftist radicals. A second four-page mailing asks voters: "If we couldn't trust John Kerry then how could we possibly trust him now?"

Claims that Kerry didn't earn his Vietnam War medals for heroism have not been substantiated. After returning home from Vietnam, Kerry testified before Congress about reports from other soldiers of atrocities.

The anti-Kerry group also has bought $4 million worth of airtime in Florida and Ohio and on national cable to run an ad that previously ran in other battleground states.

Kerry in the past has denounced the group's TV ads as "a complete and total lie." Kerry spokesman Chad Clanton said of the mailings: "President Bush (news - web sites)'s allies are at it again trying to distract voters from this administration's failures on the economy and Iraq (news - web sites). They will say and do anything to help their friend George W. Bush hold on to power."

William Benoit, a communications professor at the University of Missouri-Columbia, said most people probably already have factored in the widely reported claims of the anti-Kerry group.

"I think it's likely to have a limited impact," he said.

I hadn't heard about this. Posted for those who hadn't either.

Kimberly
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I redeived on of these Thursday and it is a great brochure, but I have doubts as to what it will do. Hopefully we can get a few people to change thier minds here in Minnesota, that is all we may need.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this was a great idea! hooray!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: