SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E-Mail Mark Hyman

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:05 am    Post subject: E-Mail Mark Hyman Reply with quote

I would suggest, as I did, an e-mail to Mark Hyman regarding the content of his program. I found a website with an e-mail that is different from the 'general' Sinclair site. I sent one to both:

http://www.newscentral.tv/station/contact_talent.shtml

Use the pull downs to find Mark Hyman and send, what looks like a direct address.

Kimberly
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do. I am extremely disappoiunted to say the least.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I sent:

Mr. Hyman,

I am completely disgusted by the deception you perpetrated upon our Vietnam Vets and POWs. You originally said that you would show the documentary STOLEN HONOR in full on your Sinclair stations. Then due to pressure from the Kerry Camp you retracted and stated that you would show clips. What you actually showed was a pro-Kerry piece with only about 7 minutes of clips that honestly told his role in augmenting the horror that our POWs endured.

Kerry aided and abetted their tormentors in 1971 and you and Sinclair Broadcasting let them down just as badly tonight. Haven't they suffered enough? You are as bad a disgrace to broadcasting as Dan Rather. Or perhaps worse. At least Dan Rather never raised the hopes of those POWs that he would broadcast the truth about John Kerry only to let them down as you did tonight.

I am ashamed to say that you are an American citizen. Every time you look at your face in the mirror I hope that you see reflected back at you the face of one of our POWs who was tortured for this country and stood the test. You failed yours in every sense.
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Hyman Reply with quote

Sent him the following:

Mr Hyman,

You, like John Kerry, are a flip flopper.

First you announced you would air Stolen Honor.

Then you caved to Left Wing pressure and didn't stand up for your First Amendment rights.

Your program was a disgrace and once again, those POWs were not accurately heard.

Now you have alienated another segment of the political population and if you are foolish enough to think that you have new friends on the left, then you are both shameful and dumb.

I and others on internet sites I frequent, will make an effort to flood internet investment boards, asking investors to sell and never again buy Sinclair stock.
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep getting "Bad Referer."

Does that mean they have my e-mail address on a blocked list?
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More than likely it means that the server that your E-mail provider was trying to use to route your E-mal was down at the time.
SWVTsupporter
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's mine:

"So you sold out, eh Mark? You guys had a chance to build your brand among a loyal cross section of America that wanted to see America's Vietnam Vets get their say. What you did to them was basically stab them in the back. I sent out emails to your advertisers asking them to support you and us, the viewer (former viewer). You should have reached into your pants and felt around to see if you had balls before you even said a word about airing this program. Instead of making history, you are soon to be history, that is if you haven't already been fired for airing this sad commentary you call news.

I can't even put to words how disappointed I am with you."
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWVTsupporter wrote:
Here's mine:

"So you sold out, eh Mark? You guys had a chance to build your brand among a loyal cross section of America that wanted to see America's Vietnam Vets get their say. What you did to them was basically stab them in the back. I sent out emails to your advertisers asking them to support you and us, the viewer (former viewer). You should have reached into your pants and felt around to see if you had balls before you even said a word about airing this program. Instead of making history, you are soon to be history, that is if you haven't already been fired for airing this sad commentary you call news.

I can't even put to words how disappointed I am with you."

Does anyone have a nice chronology with links about Harmen's statements? At one point they said something to the effect of - it was misreported that we were going to show Stolen Honor in its entirety - is that true - do we have public record and chronology?

Thanks!

Sleepless

Let's distro Stolen Honor as widely as possible,
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first interview I am aware of was with Linda Vester on Dayside. I was watching that morning. It was the interview where, immediately following Mark, was Chad's interview threatening to through his shoe through the television and saying Sinclair had better hope that Kerry doesn't win.

I'm not sure if there is a transcript, but I will check. Anyway, I don't remember Mark saying specifically that SH would be shown in its entirety, but rather words to the affect that SH would be shown, period. (Then Chad was interviewed and made his threat). It was later that day, Mark was interviewed again, and the interview began with asking Mark if he had heard about the threat and what did he think. Mark acted as if he were surprised to hear the DNC would threaten but went on to say that SH would be shown and Kerry would have an opportunity to spend equal time in rebuttle. The next time Mark appeared in an interview, the story became that SH would be shown only in snipets and Kerry could have as much time as he wanted to refute POWs. The last time I saw Mark interviewed was the night of the airing of Sinclairs story. I don't get their channel so I wasn't watching, but Mark was on tv, live, and thanked the Kerry group for their contribution.

If I find a transcript for any of these, I will post.

Kimberly
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimberly wrote:
The first interview I am aware of was with Linda Vester on Dayside. I was watching that morning. It was the interview where, immediately following Mark, was Chad's interview threatening to through his shoe through the television and saying Sinclair had better hope that Kerry doesn't win.

I'm not sure if there is a transcript, but I will check. Anyway, I don't remember Mark saying specifically that SH would be shown in its entirety, but rather words to the affect that SH would be shown, period. (Then Chad was interviewed and made his threat). It was later that day, Mark was interviewed again, and the interview began with asking Mark if he had heard about the threat and what did he think. Mark acted as if he were surprised to hear the DNC would threaten but went on to say that SH would be shown and Kerry would have an opportunity to spend equal time in rebuttle. The next time Mark appeared in an interview, the story became that SH would be shown only in snipets and Kerry could have as much time as he wanted to refute POWs. The last time I saw Mark interviewed was the night of the airing of Sinclairs story. I don't get their channel so I wasn't watching, but Mark was on tv, live, and thanked the Kerry group for their contribution.

If I find a transcript for any of these, I will post.

Kimberly

Right, I guess my point is that before we "react" to Hyman through a vigorous email denunciation of Sinclair - as some are want to do right now - and believe me, I understand we feel let down - but before we go there in full force - shouldn't we review the facts. Promising to show SH doesn't mean that they promised to show the documentary in its entirety...I think that even though the end result was watered down - was it really pro-Kerry as some maintain? I haven't seen it...Anyhow, if Sinclair is wounded by the leftists...does it serve our cause to shoot the wounded?

That's my real question I guess - that and I want us to be consistent and care for the facts - something the leftist don't know how to or refuse to do...

Sleepless
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Stolen Honor" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: