SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Did Sinclair Broadcast ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tkirish
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject: Did Sinclair Broadcast ? Reply with quote

As we do not have any Sinclair affiliates here in Ma. Did anyone see the show ?
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, it was terrible.... 40 min of the pow's and then a guy saying they were lying and then 40 - 50 min of Kerry.... up the river show and his anti war protest stuff - all slanted to make him look good.... disgusting...

I did find that I could get it because I have directv .... if you have dish you can also get it.... it will run several more times in the next few days...

I will be emailing sinclair and all their sponsors that I will be crossing them off my list of buyable products.... Smile Confused

Time to take a stand on this crap ! check out posts on Stolen HOnor thread.... and check other topics on t his one....
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
leeinwv
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was very little of Stolen Honor . Mostly just how they tried to stop the voices and Sinclair from being heard. The veterans against the pow's made the pow's out to be a liar. They said they doubted that John Kerry's words were heard by them or punished because of it. The show was only an hour. They even brought the presidents military into it. No positive on it. It was mostly on free speech or lack of it. I got mad at first and then I thought about them trying to censor speech after all the shows that have been on for Kerry. I don't think it will help because the ones for Kerry are so blind with hatred for the President and the war they are like the ones in the Vietnam war protest too stupid to see they are being led by an idoit and a liar.
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we know how the MSM is and just how biased they are. It's sites like this, word of mouth, and a lot of good people that manage to get the word out and thanks to the Swiftees and POWs it's working.
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like Sinclair is now among the coalition of the "coerced and bribed" - or is it just the "intimidated and threatened", Komrade Kerry? Disgusting. Evil or Very Mad

Debbie
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that is totally correct. Sinclair Broadcasting was in a very bad light. In fact they were even threatened by the Kerry Campaign right on Fox News that if Kerry won their licenses would be in Jeopardy. They do have a responsibility to their stock holders. But remember the news is out there what was done by the Kerry campaign. That is why we now have to get it out. You have an address book and a link to the free documentary. Use it get it out to everyone with a line to forward it on to everyone you can. Now when people see it they will realize exactly why John Kerry did not want them to see it. They will figure out why John Kerry did not want to take part in the Sinclair show and refute the documentary. They will realize just how much the Constitution John Kerry cares about and the lengths he will go to to violate the rights of every American. We have a hugh opportunity right now. Use it and get that link out to everyone you can. I have sent it already to over 150 people and I am sure it will go much further than that.
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the most amazing part. John F'ing Kerry doesn't have to defend himself, the media does it for him. They don't even offer proof. They just make a claim and who cares, they know other media sources will parrot them and if proven wrong they just change the focus to another topic. The general public never knows what to believe. That is exactly what they want. They defend their turf that way.

Does anybody really think that Rather thought his doc was real? He was digging at it for 2 years and at the last minute a very questionable source gives him exactly what he wants? Then he has the nerve to say his source was unimpeachable? I'm selling bridges today at half price!!!!!
Polaris Squid
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ocs sparky 101 wrote:
Quote:
They do have a responsibility to their stock holders.

WTF? That responsiblity should be based upon Sinclair's integrity as a self-described unbiased news agency producing what they promised its viewers! (not mad at you ocs sparky 101)

From Sinclair website:
Quote:
Joe DeFeo, Sinclair's Vice President of News commented that, "As with all news programming produced by Sinclair's News Central, A POW Story is being produced with the highest journalistic standards and integrity. We have not ceded, and will not in the future cede, control of our news reporting to any outside organization or political group. We are endeavoring, as we do with all of our news coverage, to present both sides of the issues covered in an equal and impartial manner."

The program will also examine the role of the media in filtering the information contained in these documentaries, allegations of media bias by media organizations that ignore or filter legitimate news and the attempts by candidates and other organizations to influence media coverage.

http://sbgweb2.sbgnet.com/press/release_20041019_87.shtml

Such hypocrisy! Sinclair committed acts of media bias during a show claiming to expose media bias! I'm outraged! Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Stolen Honor" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: