SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hope Is on the Way! -- Hugh Hewitt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Hope Is on the Way! -- Hugh Hewitt Reply with quote

commentary on Hugh Hewitt from American Digest -- cites Sam's work for the NYT 'Bush smarter' article --

http://www.americandigest.org/

"HOPE IS ON THE WAY!"
Hugh Hewitt is hitting a poetic stride as the "race" staggers towards the wire: "Hawaii joins Michigan as a "surprise-for-Bush" state. There are others coming. The pundits are so zeroed in on their "too-close-to-call" theme that they are ignoring any contrary evidence that John Kerry's way-left liberalism, his "global test," his "nuisance" theory of terrorism, and Mary Cheney gaffes along with his wife's "real job" blunder has forced a significant separation in the race. To report such events would be to seal the casket..."
-- Hugh Hewitt

I love that phrase "To report such events would be to seal the casket." It sums up what will be the driving motive of the MSM in this last week better than any other.
Except, of course, for those highly cynical parts of the MSM who look at this coldly and conclude, "Stick a fork in Kerry. He's done."
Those people will be looking, in this last week, to start to shift their field and ever so subtly start to build their little media access bridges back to the Bush White House.
The little item on Bush being smarter than Kerry that magically appeared in The New York Times over the weekend is a harbinger of this kind of late-to-the-dance weaseling. There will be more. Depend upon and be alert for it.
Media czars might lust for Kerry-Heinz sauce smothering their news organizations for the next four years, but they begin to see it will not be on the menu, they'd better start playing CYA in the last few days. Otherwise their reporters and media personalities will spend the next four years covering the White House via a remote set-up outside the courthouse in Waco. What scares the networks more than four more years of Bush, is four years in which Fox crushes even their ratings.
It's one thing to hold a funeral for the Heinz-Kerry ticket, it is quite another to crawl in the coffin, be lowered away, and list to the dirt clods thump down on the lid.
In fact, the only thing that would be more terrifying would be when, after all was silent, you slowly revolved in the coffin, lit a match and found yourself staring into the faces of John and Teresa....
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've heard that one of the lead weasel -- Katie (I can't stand to even look at you) Couric --- actually asked a couple of edgy questions.

The MSM have no moral core --- by Saturday night the stories will start to be where Kerry went wrong ---- never addressing that truth that he was wrong period and should never have been a contender in the primaries.
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jataylor11 wrote:

The MSM have no moral core --- by Saturday night the stories will start to be where Kerry went wrong ---- never addressing that truth that he was wrong period and should never have been a contender in the primaries.

From your lips to god's ears............
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing They will tippy-toe across thier media bridge, then turn on the weasel like a black-widow, then they'll say they were with the majority all along..............................I wont forget
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well I've heard that one of the lead weasel -- Katie (I can't stand to even look at you) Couric --- actually asked a couple of edgy questions.

I saw her for the first time in a LONG time today, and is it just me, or does it look like she is stuffing her cheeks and lips with cotton like Marlon Brando in the Godfather? She is really looking tired and shagged out.
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's one thing to hold a funeral for the Heinz-Kerry ticket, it is quite another to crawl in the coffin, be lowered away, and list to the dirt clods thump down on the lid.
In fact, the only thing that would be more terrifying would be when, after all was silent, you slowly revolved in the coffin, lit a match and found yourself staring into the faces of John and Teresa....

Wynne. What a description. I love it.

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: