SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NBC Today Show Saturday re: Sinclair and Stolen Honor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: NBC Today Show Saturday re: Sinclair and Stolen Honor Reply with quote

At least it's MSM - They did a spot on this this morning - Lester Holt interviewed the Cutter woman from the Kerry Kampf and also had Liz Cheney on. Not much about the show itself, but showed a tiny bit of Stolen Honor footage making the whole darn world aware of it. I remember when I lived in Brazil I was able to watch the Today Show every day on cable. One google search and anyone will be able to see it for free.
Liz Cheney was a dissapointment when she could have said something about Kerry's behavior in 71. When asked about how she felt that the Sinclair show would effect the voters, all she said was again that the administration has not said anything about Kerry's service in Vietnam, and that they feel hy served honorably. But she did say that there are 'serious questions' about choices Kerry made when he retuned. That's it - and she moved on to Kerry's bad Senate record. To me this was a big chance they missed. It is so frustrating. Cutter continued with the lies about Bush letting Bin Laden get away in Tora Bora. (what else can a lying candidates people do but lie?!) Cheney called her a liar and said to just ask Tommy Franks. Cutter also said that Kerry was moving ahead of Bush in certain polls, and while Cheney laughed out loud Lester Holt called Cutter on it and basically said that did NOT seem to be the case. If anyone else saw this on the Today Show - what are your thoughts?
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But she did say that there are 'serious questions' about choices
Kerry made when he returned.

This is as far as the Bush campaign will go, that what Kerry did when
he came home is "fair game" to be discussed. I wish she had
discussed it more. Overall, I think Liz Cheney did well, not letting
Cutter interupt her.
They did show a clip of Cordier's comments. He is a well-spoken man
and should be used MORE as a spokesman for the POWs.
I wish that they had addressed the fact that in the Sinclair broadcast,
a Kerry supporter said he doubted that prison guards in Vietnam
would be playing tapes of Kerry's words. That they hardly would have
known who JK was. This really needed to be challenged!
IS THAT WHY THEY HONOR HIM IN THEIR WAR MUSEUM??

A missed opportunity, Cheney could have emphasized this.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Liz said the right thing. This is not about Bush. It's about these Vets and Kerry, it's their fight. Some of them are democrats, green party, independents, etc. Some of them are voting for the third party candidates. This started long before they even heard of W and would have come up no matter who Kerry was running against or which party he was in.
aticama
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that the Bush campaign is doing the right thing by not getting on the kerry war record. That is our job.

The 4 G’s:
Get busy!
Get active!
Get into the fight!
GET MEAN!!!!

VOTE HERE: Please
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6309730/site/newsweek/

GIVE FOR OUR BOYS HERE: Please
https://www.swiftvets.com/swift/ccdonation.php?op=donate&site=SwiftVets
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The campaign must be very careful in linking themselves to the Swiftees or the POWs. I am sure they are happy with what has transpired but one false move or the showing of approval would give the Dems plenty of ammunition to start making charges of a link between the campaign and these 527s. Get on your computers and get the link out to everyone you have in your address book and ask them to forward it on to everyone in theirs. We will get this out to a lot of people if we just get busy.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't agree that this is up to us, and that are saying all they should say about it. Facts are facts, and Kerry meeting with the enemy is treasonous. Kerry speaking out against his country during wartime is unforgivable. Cheney or Bush or at least Colin Powell needs to reminisce out loud in front of a camera about how Kerry's action affected them during that time. Spark up an emotional memory clear for all to see. I bet Colin POwell had s*** thrown at him and was called a baby killer. C'mon, it is way past time to take the freakin gloves off! Confused
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the campaign isn't saying what you want them to say, then it IS up to us to get the word out. We've got work to do - we need to type our lil fingers to the bone to get ourselves heard.

We don't have access to interviews on MSM - hell, even the founders can't get that. Sad

Time is short - we do what we can do - if you have an "in" with Colin Powell which you can use to ask him to hit on those points in an interview, please use it!

The bloggers and radio shows have done a lot to try to get the Swift and POW stories out there. We can support that by email and bulletin board postings - but few of us here on this board have big media contacts.

And I don't think ANY of us have the authority to tell the BC'04 campaign to take off the gloves.

Work. Pray. Vote.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Stolen Honor" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: