SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Wonderful Story

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JannDallas
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: A Wonderful Story Reply with quote

As you have read, we have adopted some soldiers over in Iraq. I communicate with the Lt. of a group of 10 men who are backup fire support that I send stuff too and he divies it out. I have asked him many times what he would like and he always says, don't worry about me, take care of my men.

The doorbell rang today, and there was a package for my son, who has sent the guys movies and written them letters. It was a basketball, a present, from the Lt. whose men we have been supporting.

Even writting this, tears come to my eyes thinking how much these men have to deal with day after day and after all of this, to reach out across the ocean with a kindness just makes me truly appreciate these soldiers even more.

Let's here it for our men one more time.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, don't you cry when THEY send YOU stuff? I don't want so much as a thank you from them - the idea is to keep THEM supported, right? So when they take the time to send something to you, it's so touching and sweet.

God bless every single one of them!

Our Armed Forces are the BEST!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: