SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AAR Ohio Buckeye game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fastrock
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: AAR Ohio Buckeye game Reply with quote

reposted to allow everyone to determine if they want to join us in the final days of activities (a total of 3 activities)

Hi everyone,
Just got back home, went to my parents near Cedar Point after the great day in Columbus. Yes, all my family are Bushies, even a future SIL who's a NEA (Nat'l Ed Assoc) member. I read all the previous posts, I'm thrilled to see that SooSQ did so well.

I arrived at the campus at 7:15, scouted out High St and set up at Woodruff and High St. Had my tailgate facing out to High St. so anyone passing could see it. Tailgate had swift and pro-bush signs on it. Just had to keep feeding the meter every hour.

Phyllis and Larry (concernedgranny and hubby) are great Americans.

It was a joy meeting up with both of you. And the area was saturated with targets as Phyllis said. Not many at 7:30 tho, so I got a mocha cappuccino at a local shop and was wired in about 3 minutes. Started to paper the windshields at a residence hall with my double-sided quarter sheet handouts. Got about half done when a campus Street/Maintenance guy stopped me. Said papering windshields at the residence halls are not allowed. So I stopped and went to a parking garage and papered windshields until I saw some foot traffic going down Woodruff towards the stadium. I usually went with the flow of people, but slower so they would overtake me. Would ask people to read the handout when they had time. Always asked them to FactCheck any issue at SwiftVets site and follow their links. The students were responsive to that. I had 4 occasions where someone in a group of 6-8 asked questions about Kerry (only one about Bush). I should probably be modest, but I hit every question out of the ballpark. Especially the one about HOW the anti-war effort did no harm. I believe her words were "no harm/no foul". Responded how the war was extended 2 years+ because the NV government saw the anti-war efforts growing, lost the war and resulted in what the movie "The Killing Fields" with Pol Pot was all about. That got a chorus of “Oh really” “really” and “I didn’t know that”. Again referenced them to the Swift site. Handed out some on the return to High St. but most of the time I had left, before feeding the meter monster, I spent at the parking garage again papering windshields as more cars were pouring in. Made it to the stadium 6 times from 8:30 to 1:30. I did frat row just before meeting up with Phyllis and Larry, but felt more useful/confortable doing the above, especially after P&L spoke of the positive reception they were getting as “CONCERNED MOM&DAD”. As I said you are great Americans. Found the draft issue was important to the alumni of all people.

A BIG THANKS to Navy_ Navy_ Navy who created my handout and Florence Kinko’s for getting me the 1200 on short, short notice. Wife’s going to make manager a carrot cake.

I distributed between 5-600 handouts, only saw 5 people throw them on the ground, remember I purposely walked slower. Had numerous alumni hand them back saying they were already voting for Bush. Several said they were going to pass on to Kerry co-workers.

The student GOP have thier own website: A great site by the way.
http://www.buckeyesforbush.com

I’m definitely going to the Thursday, FahrenHYPE show. Don’t know how well I’ll be received by student GOP, but I would think well.
The below 2 handout prove they are creative and active.
http://www.osusentinel.com/f911.pdf
http://www.osusentinel.com/f911-1.pdf
Anyone interested in a Buckeye (OSU) visit should consider one of the below 3 events. Check out the http://www.buckeyesforbush.com/main.php site.

Gun Debate, October 26, 7:30 p.m. The OSU College Republicans are co-sponsors of a gun debate between John Lott of the American Enterprise Institute and Jim Kessler of Americans for Gun Safety. It will be East Ballroom of the Ohio Union.

FahrenHYPE 9/11, Thursday, October 28th, 8 p.m. To debunk the propaganda of Michael Moore's crockumentary, the College Republicans and The OSU Sentinel newspaper will be showing
FahrenHYPE 9/11 on October 28th in McPherson 1000 at 8:00 p.m. This is a free event and everyone is invited to attend. Watch the trailer here. Stay tuned for more details, and we hope to see you there! Please email us if you have any questions about this event.

Or join us for the Oct 30th, Buckeye/Penn State game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: