SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stolen Honor downloads here!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Stolen Honor downloads here! Reply with quote

Please support the "real" Stolen Honor film -
Stolen Honor downloads here!

And

Go Here for instructions on how to burn this to SVCD (super video CD) and for discussions about further dissimenating this vital film.

Bump - Just watched this for the first time from front to back - this is an amazing documentary and should be seen by every American! Let's get the links out - let's buy the film - let's have showings! - Let's loan the film around...

Thanks to all the heroes...of this nation, of the free world...

Sleepless...

Last edited by sleeplessinseattle on Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Polaris Squid
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not say "burn DVD" cause you dont need a DVD burner. You burn a CD in SVCD format so it plays in a DVD player.

It works! Just like you said, I used the TMPGEnc program (by the way it is a 30 day free trial) and created a SVCD (super video CD) from your download. Then I used Nero 6 to burn the SVCD to a CD disk (not DVD disk). Hint - to prevent any possible burning errors, always defragment your hard drive right before burning.

It plays great on my AMW DVD player (2 years old) attached to my TV. I'm making multiple copies to hand out anywhere I can. What about the rest of you out there? Let's get busy - it works! Just don't expect the end result to look like a high quality DVD - but it's clear enough to read small text on screen and easily recognize faces on my 26 inch screen. A blank CD costs about 50 cents - is that too much to ask for a chance to refute the lie of Kerry as a war hero in the minds of your aquaintances? It's a clean download- no viruses or trojans. So, get on with it, times a wastin. Who cares how long it takes to download? Just start it before you go out for dinner or before bed time. The convcersion took less than an hour on a newer half-decent computer, and burning the CD takes 5 minutes. Think how long those days were for the men in those POW camps!
Son of a VET
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear it worked for you. TMPGEnc is a great app. I have been using it for a few years.

Quote:
Do not say "burn DVD" cause you dont need a DVD burner. You burn a CD in SVCD format so it plays in a DVD player

As for that, not all dvd players will play a svcd. I have one that will, one that wont. But yes by all means try the svcd. It wont cost anything much, just one cd.

Stolen Honor
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris Squid wrote:
Do not say "burn DVD" cause you dont need a DVD burner. You burn a CD in SVCD format so it plays in a DVD player.

It works! Just like you said, I used the TMPGEnc program (by the way it is a 30 day free trial) and created a SVCD (super video CD) from your download. Then I used Nero 6 to burn the SVCD to a CD disk (not DVD disk). Hint - to prevent any possible burning errors, always defragment your hard drive right before burning.

It plays great on my AMW DVD player (2 years old) attached to my TV. I'm making multiple copies to hand out anywhere I can. What about the rest of you out there? Let's get busy - it works! Just don't expect the end result to look like a high quality DVD - but it's clear enough to read small text on screen and easily recognize faces on my 26 inch screen. A blank CD costs about 50 cents - is that too much to ask for a chance to refute the lie of Kerry as a war hero in the minds of your aquaintances? It's a clean download- no viruses or trojans. So, get on with it, times a wastin. Who cares how long it takes to download? Just start it before you go out for dinner or before bed time. The convcersion took less than an hour on a newer half-decent computer, and burning the CD takes 5 minutes. Think how long those days were for the men in those POW camps!

Bump - thanks for the correction PS! That makes it even easier... Go vets! Go Bush! Go USA! Go Freedom and freedom loving people everywhere!
Son of a VET
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need to know what to do with the video? Where to get it? How to make a vhs copy? How to make a svcd?

Go here: http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14381

Stolen Honor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Stolen Honor" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: