SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I joined the Anti-War Movement before I joined it...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: I joined the Anti-War Movement before I joined it... Reply with quote

see link: GREAT WORK HERE

Quote:
--10/15/69: Moratorium march on Washington: This was the first documented major antiwar protest that John Kerry attended. (7/69: Peter Collier & David Horowitz, then top activists on the pro-Hanoi left, later wrote that militant activists went in July to "meet Cuban and Vietnamese officials in Havana to map out strategies for the war in America, the 'other war' which would ultimately defeat the U.S.") Nat'l Review reported at the time that Sen. Edward M. Kennedy was one of the endorsers of the Moratorium. SOURCE

A beauty of a post by Beatrice1000... I did a quick check on Kerry's records and guess what I found?

- Chief
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I guess. What? Kerry went to Havana?
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry was in Havanna?? Shocked Wasn't he still in the service? Shocked

Edited 1 time to add service question

Last edited by Tacan70UDN on Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do tell

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Other War"? Havanna? Ted Kennedy? Holy S___! This is something entirely new, isn't it? This smells about as rotten as a barrel of fish left on the pier for a month.
GeorgiaBoy
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You gotta love NavyChief, but sometimes I just wanna pound on him when he does this to us..... Tell Us Chief
William
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

29 June 1969. New Orleans on TempDuty... My oh my.
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I'm officially wiggling in my seat. Again. At bedtime!

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
William
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry is rumored to have flown people to protests while he was on Admirals staff.... New Orleans to Havana... 670 air miles... hummmm.
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry... I just wanted to share Kerry's Leave Record on his website. Did anybody check out the dates for July 1969? Kerry was on leave for 24 days while still in uniform working for the Admiral.

Can anyone tell me where Kerry was for those 24 days while this meeting in Havana was taking place at the same time?

- Chief
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So let me get this straight: July 1969, Kerry went to Havanna to "discuss" the Cuban situation and the Vietnam War; then he went to Paris to "discuss" the Vietnam War with "both" parties - NVN and Viet Cong; then he went back to Paris to further "discuss" the Vietnam War as above. Do I have that right? I guess I shouldn't be surprised at this point. Any chance he "discussed" things with various people at other times we should know about? Rolling Eyes
Geano
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh My, Oh My, Oh, My! Yummmeee...!

Wasn't October 15th the date he flew Walinsky somewhere...? I'm going back to check...back later.
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyChief wrote:
Sorry... I just wanted to share Kerry's Leave Record on his website. Did anybody check out the dates for July 1969? Kerry was on leave for 24 days while still in uniform working for the Admiral.

Can anyone tell me where Kerry was for those 24 days while this meeting in Havana was taking place at the same time?

- Chief

There's nothing unusual about active duty military personnel traveling to Cuba. I believe it's called "Guantanamo Bay."

Now getting over the fence and into Havana is another matter. Maybe Kerry did his best imitation of a land crab.

Come on, Chief. I'm just doing this to flush you out. I don't hunt, but I learned how by watching Kerry on TV in Ohio last week. If you'll whisper it to me, I won't tell a soul.

Love - Connie
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may not be right on the time line but I do recall a big stink about all NORAD's radars looking north with noting dedicated to monitoring intrusions from Cuba and the south.
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm being naughty again. I don't know for sure where Kerry went in July 1969 for 24 days on leave. But the pattern is there... I just need all you smart people to find a way we can check the flights plans or just what Collier, Horowitz and the anti-war militants were doing in Havana. If I recall -- Cuba was closed airspace to the U.S. They were doing their best to shot down our planes when they even came close. How could this delegation get through?????? And where was Kerry for 24 days in July 1969?????

So again I ask, did Kerry join the Anti-war movement before he joined it in October 1969, before he joined it in 1970?

Remember his sis was big time anti-war before all of this and got him the job of flying people around. Connections - connections - connections Cool

Come on guys and gals -- I know you can run this one down. I have faith in you.

- Chief
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier" All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: