SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

72 Hour program

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:34 am    Post subject: 72 Hour program Reply with quote

Has anyone volunteered for the 72 Hour Program?

I feel guilty that I was unable to do it.

If we have enough people on this board who have, maybe they could start a daily journal online.

To all of you who are doing this program, thank you.
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to help so badly, but i'm in texas and well, we are not a swing state for sure. I sincerely wish i could be in one of the hotly contested states and volunteer to drive people to the polls, b/c really that is all i could do as i have no experience doing anything else.
I hope and pray those who are in the swing states will give what they can of their time and energy. The world I think literally depends on this vote.

God bless all of u guys
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Program Reply with quote

The 72 hour program will pay your flight to a swing state and a per diem so that you can work where it counts.
ProudbrotherofUSSoldier
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pulling a full day at the polls on election day here in Wisconsin as a poll watcher of course my luck I was assigned to one of the easier precients because of the length of the shift I signed up for

Ann Coulter
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be working the program in California, since I have ties there. I am teaming up with one of my bruddahs. One of my other bruddahs is hard at work in Ohio.

Suffering in Southern California for the cause. Cool No sacrifice too great. After the election me and my bruddah are going surfing, and will we celebrate with a few Dos Equis and lime.

And we are not wind going surfing like the Kerry fairy, either. Man, I'll never be able to look at another wind surfer with a straight face again.

Texas, is... you know. Kind of a lock. So off to SoCal!
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am doing ten to twelve hour days.

Last edited by LimaCharlie on Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travis County here in Texas is liberal through and through. Austin, State Capitol, county. Working the polls on Tuesday. Got to keep my conservative eyes on them mixed up folks. Shocked
ondryland
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:38 am    Post subject: 72 hour program Reply with quote

We have been working at satellite office quite a bit.

Will also be working 72 hour program. We will be walking on Saturday and driving on Tuesday. Went to a training today and it was packed with volunteers. Very Happy

Apart from that I am on overload, overload, overload, overload.

ondryland

Thanks to all of you for all you have done.
fastrock
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:12 am    Post subject: 72 hour program Reply with quote

I'm not part of the 72 hour program due to work commitments, but several of us spent 5 or more hours at the Ohio State Buckeye Stadium last Saturday. Some did OSC, me and a local couple distributed brochures and discussed issues with alumni and students.

Tomorrow after work, I'm going to Ohio State again to distribute brochures prior to the showing of FarenHYPE 911, the anti-M Moore film.

This Saturday, most if not all of the same group are going to the Ohio State/Penn State game at Buckeye Stadium to do similar electioneering.

The college Republicans are doing a great job. Check their website: http://buckeyesforbush.com/
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm part of the 72 hour program in Prescott, AZ. Actually, I've already started. It is fun listening to an elementary school girl and a high school girl work the phones better than I. However, I'm just warming up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: