SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I viewed Stolen Honor...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: I viewed Stolen Honor... Reply with quote

I may have made a few enemies because some of my good friends have not yet been enlightened and will vote for J. Kerry next Tuesday. In an effort to convince some of them, and because these are my very strong sentiments, I sent out the following email to everyone in my address book today (with a bit of poetic license!):

I am absolutely outraged! I have just finished viewing (with intermittent interruptions) Stolen Honor: "Wounds That Never Heal". This is the 42 minute documentary with which Sinclair Broadcasting asked their 62 stations to pre-empt regular broadcasting. Due to the outcry from our very liberal media outlets, only a portion of it was shown last week. Prior to now, the video was only available through purchase for $19.99. A group of Pennsylvania veterans is now making it available to anyone by going to:

http://www.stolenhonor.com

The video documents the ordeal of our Vietnam vets while residents of the Hanoi Hilton and what part Senator John F. Kerry played in lengthening that ordeal. Can you imagine spending 5, 6, 7, or almost 8 years in a Vietnamese prisoner of war camp? Can those years ever be regained? After spending four months in that combat zone and amassing 5 (count 'em--five!!) medals, Sen. Kerry returned to the U.S. and used his 'service' to our country to further his political career. How? By denouncing our brave military as war criminals and even before his discharge, meeting with the North Vietnamese government in Paris and elsewhere. His picture hangs on the Vietnam government's "Wall of Fame!" His own words from his Congressional testimony, in his voice, are in this documentary. I'm so proud of my brother-in-law who served two tours in VN but didn't go before Congress to defame his fellow vets. This is not a liberal or conservative thing--this is the truth and no one has been able to disprove a single word of it!

I remember when John Kerry held his "Winter Soldier" testimonies in Detroit. I remember how our returning troops were spat upon when they came home and were advised not to wear their uniforms in public. During a recent Vietnam Vets Rally in Washington DC one of the vets, Sp/4 Steve Pitkin, asked for forgiveness from the other vets for his testimony. He imparted how they were fed their lines, how they were intimidated to say the 'right thing', how, when he disagreed with some of the statements, he was told "it's a long walk back to Baltimore." What can be deduced from that statement?

Why do I feel so strongly about this situation? Because John F. Kerry made his Vietnam service the cornerstone of his presidential candidacy by announcing at the Democrat National Convention--"I am John Kerry, reporting for duty." This despicable man, who aspires to the highest office in our land, who wants to be the leader of the free world, keeps referring to his 'service' to our country. Should he become our next president, how long will it be before he shows the same disdain for our brave men and women fighting in Iraq, Afghanistan, and other places in the world, so that we can be safe here at home? At least Jane Fonda had the decency to apologize for doing lesser things than John Kerry--but she isn't running for POTUS.

I beg all of you--view this documentary before you go to the polls next Tuesday. It operates just like a VCR or DVD where it can be paused, stopped, etc., and continued viewing can take place at a later time.

God bless our fighting men and women, and God bless America!

{Signature}
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Stolen Honor" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: