SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is Kerry's Strategy
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peter
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:50 am    Post subject: What is Kerry's Strategy Reply with quote

I don't get it. Kerry isn't dumb and he has a lot of talented people around him.

My specific question:

Why is he ranting about Iraq the last few days and coming across SO negative. He seems desparate?

Why hasn't he gone postive and talk about CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE. Keep a single simple positive message the last week and appear Presidential, insted he is making every scared and people will move toward what they know.

Do you think he is acting on his own instincts againt his advisors OR his internal polls show he will lose big time and he KNOWS he has to mix it up to change something?
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO - Kerry IS deperate! Things aren't going his way and he's in a panic. Remember, voters want to vote FOR a candidate, not AGAINST a candidate. The only thing Kerry has put out there is "Vote for me 'cause I ain't Bush". Doesn't work for me. Doesn't work for most voters. Wink
deserturtle
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject: This is why!!!!!! Reply with quote

PLAY ON KERRY'S WORDS

"The senator's willingness to trade principle for political convenience makes it clear that John Kerry is the wrong man for the wrong job at the wrong time," Bush said, playing on Kerry's frequently quoted criticism of Iraq as "the wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong time."

http://reuters.myway.com/article/20041028/2004-10-28T234710Z_01_N28483742_RTRIDST_0_POLITICS-CAMPAIGN-BUSH-DC.html
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since he's been so big on it all along, has he ever announced his own "exit strategy" in his war for the Whitehouse?

Every indication I see tells me he's going to need it Laughing
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has no record to run on...he is a phony war hero..and he has Clinton people helping him....So Hillary can run in 2008..
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill take a stab at why he might be staying negative.
The only voter base Kerry has is the looney left hate Bush crowd, after 12 months of hatred the tactic is getting old and turning off many voters. they see kerry day after day blast blast blast Bush and the they see bush talk about positive things about americas great future ahead and it makes people lose interest in the the whole process and thats less people coming to the polls for Kerry.

Kerry has no choice but to stay negative becuase the ones who are still swallowing up his garbage want to keep being reminded on why they hate their arch nemesis GWB. If Kerry were all of a sudden to go positive he would instantly alienate the only base he has and lose much more votes than if he had kept at being negative. The point is, people are sick of kerry, they are sick of this election, they want to think about turkeys and christmas trees and video games and worry about snuggling with loved ones by a warm fire at night with not a care in the world except whats on tv. Bush brings security, kerry brings chaos. people wont vote for chaos, at least i hope they dont.
deserturtle
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 76% of his base strongly support him. Will the soft supporters vote at all, vote for Bush, or hold their noses and vote for him?
Otis
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Promise me some wind on Monday or Tuesday," Kerry said, standing on a low concrete wall overlooking the people on the banks. "More importantly, promise me some votes in November."

Bumper sticker seen on old rusty car while driving to work:

I promised Kerry I'd vote for him
and all he gave ME is this crappy car
peter
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck Z Ombie AC2000 wrote:
Ill take a stab at why he might be staying negative.
The only voter base Kerry has is the looney left hate Bush crowd, after 12 months of hatred the tactic is getting old and turning off many voters. they see kerry day after day blast blast blast Bush and the they see bush talk about positive things about americas great future ahead and it makes people lose interest in the the whole process and thats less people coming to the polls for Kerry.

Kerry has no choice but to stay negative becuase the ones who are still swallowing up his garbage want to keep being reminded on why they hate their arch nemesis GWB. If Kerry were all of a sudden to go positive he would instantly alienate the only base he has and lose much more votes than if he had kept at being negative. The point is, people are sick of kerry, they are sick of this election, they want to think about turkeys and christmas trees and video games and worry about snuggling with loved ones by a warm fire at night with not a care in the world except whats on tv. Bush brings security, kerry brings chaos. people wont vote for chaos, at least i hope they dont.

great answer -- didn't think about his need to get his base out by staying negative.
reconflyer
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His statements are predicated on the notion that he must only sway a very small numbers of voters to win.

The conventional wisdom is that a certain number of Bush voters exist, a certain number of Kerry voters exist, the tiny minority in between are what Kerry aims at, he can't be too liberal, or too conservative, he must be perfect.

He feels, obviously by means of focus-group polling, that he must go negative on Iraq here at the end. His focus group polling is showing him this is what he must do to sway that tiny minority of voters to break his way.

Will it work? It might. The swing voter is not visiting this website, guaranteed...

Still, the other factors that cannot be discounted are the Get Out the Vote efforts on both sides and the motivation of the "base" voters.

I think both sides are very electrified, so we'll soon see what happens.

reconflyer
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, this is his 15 mins. his swan song, the stupid jerk thinks the crowds love "HIM"-----john kerry, and his wierd wife. The dickweed never thinks they would support a mushroom if it was thier guy!

"They love me! They reallllllllllly love me!"
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This question came up with Laura Ingram on Scarborough. The pollster said they believe there is 1.5 million undecided. Staying negative on explosives, flu vaccine and the ambush of 50 Iraqis gives the impression that Bush is not doing well governing. Kerry is playing defense in many Gore states and Bush is playing offense in a few Gore states. Kerry cannot defend them all so the strategy is to get the final 1.5 million.
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's unclear what Kerry's strategy is other then to grab at the latest NYT headline each day. The constant criticism of Bush is predictable and has gotten old. Kerry is always pessimistic always complaining and comes off as desperate. I've come to dread seeing Kerry's face on television and I tune him out. Apparently Kerry's internal polling shows he's behind Bush and his only hope is to dirty up Bush in the last days prior to the election to get himself elected.

In contrast I saw GWB in his latest interview on H&C, he was calm, collected, friendly and smiling.The picture of the confident optimistic candidate.
GIaunt
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry has no plan, nor any message
If Kerry has anything positive, he can't communicate it clearly, its so nuanced it comes out negative

Kerry is a debater --- he's assigned himself the "against" side of the debate and is debating it to the end....
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck Z Ombie AC2000 wrote:
The point is, people are sick of kerry, they are sick of this election, they want to think about turkeys and christmas trees and video games and worry about snuggling with loved ones by a warm fire at night with not a care in the world except whats on tv. Bush brings security, kerry brings chaos. people wont vote for chaos, at least i hope they dont.

whammo, outta the park!!! the holidays start this Sunday if you have kids or grandkids. I guess even if you are just weird and like Halloween.

so, Here's hoping your Holidays are happy, safe and secure as you gather your friends and family about you, free from concern.

I've already voted Bush, and am sleeping better already. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: