SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your sacrifice has touched someone deeply...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
depotoo
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:04 am    Post subject: Your sacrifice has touched someone deeply... Reply with quote

posted on main board and then remembered this board - think it is appropriate here even more...

Would like for this to be for the vets and active military and their families to be able to respond to. Think it is so very important for them. This came from another site I frequent. This gentleman viewed the movie Stolen Honor and here is his response all on his own, posted with his permission. I am sending him the link to this thread so he can read your responses.

Quote:
As we grow up we tend to lose the selfishness that we hold on to as children. You know when we don't want to share our toys and are a little bit stingy. It's all about me, me or mine. Typical kids stuff that we out grow. Why do I bring this up?? Well it occurs to me that I have something very powerful in my possession, we all do. It's my vote. The reason I was talking about being sellfish is well because I was being sellfish. Many of you know my issues with GWB and they seemed really real to me. That was until I watched the video about John Kerry and Vietnam. I was appauled and shocked by what I saw and heard. I really never had any idea about this situation and I thank the person who posted the video.

Let me start by saying that I am sure some of the troops in Vietnam were guilty of crimes, just as the one in Iraq were. Under those circumstances, do I blame them.?? Thats another post. My point is that John Kerry for his own personal political gain created an atmosphere that fueled hate for our troops and helped their captors manipulate their prisioners.He labeled each and everyone one of them. I mean it's bad enough being a POW in any war but to see the Country you are fighting for turn against you...I can't Imagine.

When I first decided to Vote for John Kerry, I was keeping in mind my own life and his promises. I am an American and I LOVE MY COUNTRY!!! I also love my fellow Americans. How could anyone who has the same love create the situation Senator Kerry did back in Vietnam. It makes me stop and think...What will Kerry do if he is elected President. Will he treat his JOB as just a JOB for his own gain like he did in Vietnam or Like George W Bush, will he do anything in his power to keep us safe and stand by his decisions even if those around him are sometimes critical of what he does..IE Like I said I don't agree with everything GWB does. No one is ever going to agree with everything someone does, we all have differences of opinion on certain things. One thing I have no difference of Opinion on is the Future of America and it's people. I want my niece and Tony's niece and all the future generations of children to grow up in a country that is safe and secure. Many people critcise GWB for the state of the economy after 911 and Gas prices and going to war with Iraq. Heck I used to question those things alot.

I stopped and thought about it. Considering the attacks of 911 . We are doing great. How many of you thought that we would never recover.?? I did. I used to think that GWB couldn't use 911 in his campaign. I thought a little more about that too. Yes it is his job as the leader of this country to keep us safe but he should also get credit for being so darn good at. I used to think these terror alerts were BS but look at the events of 911. They do want all Americans dead, they hate us because of nothing more than our way of life.

It's easy for us to sit back and look at what Bush hasn't done for us??? Why. I have the answer. We as Americans always want the best of everything. We are spolied . Considering what happened to this country in 2001 we are doing more than very well. The gas prices suck but hey at least almost all Americans have a car. I am starting to see the glass half full again.

I am such a stubborn person sometimes. Tony will agree. This is probably one of the biggest and most important decisions I will ever make. I know alot of you think that I have changed my mind and will change it again. Nope. Too much of what I have seen and read over the past week has really opened my eyes. While bush may not be the best speaker at least the words that come of of his mouth don't change everytime he opens it. He stands by what he believes in and does what he says he is going to do. I know that no matter what he will not sell us out and I feel safe going to bed at night. I understand that if the terrorists really want to attack us they will but with Bush in office I really think the odds are in our favor. I used to think that the best way to win a war was with diplomacy. I guess this world has changed and we must change with it. I wish we could shake hands with the terrorists and work out a deal. It has taken me too many reports of beheadings to realize that that will never be possible.

I have read many posts saying many things, I know we all have our own issues. We want what is best for us and our family. The problem is we are seperating our own issues and putting them before what is best for this country. Thats what I was doing and I apologise.

After viewing the tape of Kerry and the Lies he told, I can't help but stop and think what he would do to our future and security if elected. Just for his persoanl gain.

I will be the first to admit, I hate war. "War is Hell" but we didn't start this fight and if we didn't take action when we did I honestly believe that we would one day be living in a society riddled with bloody attacks reminicent of Israel's everday trip to the Bus stop.

Given the unprecedented events of 911 and the progress this country has made since that fateful day we are sending a Message worldwide that will will not cower to terrorism and we will fight those cowards where ever they rear their ugly heads. For the sake of this country and the futre Generations to come!!!! Send a Message on November 2nd
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister,this is for keeps! Vets can be trusted like your life depended on it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: