SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can anyone give me a good reason.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Can anyone give me a good reason..... Reply with quote

...... why the RNC or the Bush/Cheney campaign chose not to exploit the anti-war activities of JFK after he returned from "fighting for my country as a young man"? I know that the President took the Vietnam in-country period off the table by pronouncing Kerry's service "honorable". But the treasonous and damaging acts which followed seemed like fair game. Would it have seemed like "illegal" coordination with the Swifties? Kerry's VVAW persona is an exact reflection of the stance he obviously prepares to take with terrorism.

It's too late to bring it up now. I just hope we don't lose because we refused to use everything available in the name of a "clean fight".

God save the United States of America.

Schadow
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only guess, and it's a total stab in the dark, is that with the Swift vets exposing it as much as they did, it might take on the appearance of coolaboration between the SBVT and the RNC.

They tried to make that link simply because a wealthy Republican donated the intital money to get started. Possibly they could have made their ridiculous claim stronger if both were speaking the same.

Like I said, just my own personal guess.
1AD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
LewWaters

My only guess, and it's a total stab in the dark, is that with the Swift vets exposing it as much as they did, it might take on the appearance of coolaboration between the SBVT and the RNC.

They tried to make that link simply because a wealthy Republican donated the intital money to get started. Possibly they could have made their ridiculous claim stronger if both were speaking the same.

Like I said, just my own personal guess
Mr. Waters I believe you are correct. We should all remember what happened to Mr. Ginsberg and how the Dems attorney and others did the same thing but did not get the same treatment from the press.
MissouriVeteransDaughter
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One reason I believe that the Bush campaign could not touch this is that it would have immediately caused a comparison between them and the Nixon White House which, even today is not good at all if you want to win an election. All of the recordings of Nixon wanting to get Kerry would have been drug out and the entire thing would have been painted by the MSM to make Kerry look like a victim. I really believe that the best course of action was taken. Bush never condemned the Swifties throughout the campaign, only said that ALL the 527s should be banned, even though he knew full well that this wasn't going to happen. GWB has kept his promises to today's military as well as Veterans. That is his most important job as Commander in Chief. Its our job is to handle the dirty work down here in the internet trenches!
"Lord...Who may live on your holy hill? He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from his heart and has no slander on his tongue, who does his neighbor no wrong and casts no slur on his fellowman" Ps15:1-3.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1AD wrote:
Quote:
LewWaters

Like I said, just my own personal guess
Mr. Waters I believe you are correct. We should all remember what happened to Mr. Ginsberg and how the Dems attorney and others did the same thing but did not get the same treatment from the press.

I am in 100% agreement here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: