SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sent to holding with bingo fuel...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reconflyer
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Sent to holding with bingo fuel... Reply with quote

I guess that kind of sums up my status as of 1020L Sunday morning.

Not much to lap down at any of my usual watering holes on the web, and the television aint much better (Fox's Allison Camerota is crowing about how the Fox tracking poll is showing Kerry with the big Mo).

I've been left with the lingering hangover of knowing Kerry's true story, and the understanding that millions of people will vote for him while either:

a)having been duped by Kerry's war stories and gulping the Kerry Kool aid, or:

b)being true Bush haters and partisans that would vote for the very devil himself, or:

c)being pathetically underinformed and thoughtless citizens.

Sure, I realize that our current President isn't perfect, and that the metrosexuals in the big cities are going to hate him, and the dyed in the wool union types are going to hate him, and the minorities are going to think he's after them, and the women (although Bush showed stronger with women than Kerry in the Fox poll's internals!?! see PDF) are going to think Bush wants to oppress them (but Clinton's forays into adultery were "private" matters). Gosh, kinda hard for a regular old (full beer drinking, see Link) guy like me to find anything to be happy about.

I think one thing a bunch of veterans (not all, one of my squadron mates is voting for the other guy) have in common is an abundance of go-getting personality types. I hesitate to group us all in "guardian", or "provider" personality types like Keirsey Temporment Types, but I know that if you are like me, when I see an enemy target worthy of destruction, I get the impulse to vaporize it.

"Gun ready"
"Clear to fire"
"Rounds away"
"Rounds on target, fire for effect"
"Target destroyed

Of course the above example is metaphorical, and couched in the experiences a person like me has after 18 years of active duty service, but you get the point. Destroy the target, or it will destroy us.

It is right, it is just, there is no doubt about it. The evidence is overwhelming, if not highlighting true treasonous and criminal conduct, it shows unimpeachable evidence of a man who sold out his country and sold out his bro's without one second of compunction.

Disgusting.

Hold on to your gear, brothers and sisters, be sure your seat belt is fastened. Due to the complicity of the media and the national psychosis we have experienced with the Kerry candidacy, I have the feeling that when they finally do clear this thing to land, we'll be sucking on fumes.

I hope I'm wrong, I pray I am. I pray Bush wallops him, and hard.

Time is short. Time will tell.

reconflyer

Last edited by reconflyer on Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
sround
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reconflyer wrote:
Not much to lap down at any of my usual watering holes on the web, and the television aint much better (Fox's Allison Camerota is crowing about how the Fox tracking poll is showing Kerry with the big Mo).

Great metaphor 'watering holes', but I'm afraid they're all poisoned...
Evil or Very Mad

Mission Accomplished!!
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good post reconflyer. Question: is that a standard or non-standard holding pattern? Very Happy
reconflyer
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TACAN:

ATC:"Reconflyer proceed direct to the SJT VOR and hold on the 057 radial. Time is now 1045. Expect further clearance when Bush has secured the required 270 electoral votes, or you crash, whichever comes first." Shocked

Reconflyer: roger, proceeding to hold on the 057 of SJT. Mad
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright flyboys - time to get yer boots on and make a move...

If you're feelin' antsy right now, call or stop by your local GOP headquarters to help with phone calling. They should be going from 1-8 or so local time.

They have a massive strategy this year to get out the vote - and YOU can be a huge part of that effort. They need 150,000 VOLUNTEERS all across the country to make this happen.

Even if you're not in a swing state, or are in a solidly blue state - go get out the vote. We REALLY need Bush to get a huge majority in the vote so we can avoid the Democrat's attempt to hijack the election.

Go, Recon. Now!
reconflyer
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJB,

I'm gonna get a Bush sign, drive into town and go stand on a street corner. Seriously.

sir. (saluting)

reconflyer
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I saw a group on the street corner just a few minutes ago when I returned from some errands - holding Kerry signs and waving them all around. Go for it!

And... *ahem* it's "ma'am" Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: