SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry 'Outraged' Over bin Laden Tape Impact
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Kerry 'Outraged' Over bin Laden Tape Impact Reply with quote

Bless his little heart. Wink
Make it a great day. Smile
Mary Ann Parker

Reprinted from NewsMax.com
Sunday, Oct. 31, 2004 9:28 a.m. EST

Kerry 'Outraged' Over bin Laden Tape Impact
Rolling Eyes

http://www.newsmax.com/scripts/printer_friendly.pl?page=http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/10/31/93025.shtml

John Kerry said Sunday that he's "outraged" that anyone would think the re-emergence of Osama bin Laden on a terror video released Friday may hurt his chances in next Tuesday's election.

"I'm outraged that he has appeared," Kerry told ABC News anchor Peter Jennings. "I'm outraged that he inserts himself in any kind of way into the electoral process of America." Asked about comments from both his campaign and team Bush suggesting that the bin Laden tape gives the president a big boost in the closing days of the campaign, Kerry told Jennings, "I think it's unfortunate that anybody puts Osama bin Laden into any political context in the United States' election."
When reminded that his surrogates were the first to address the bin Laden tape in a political context, Kerry said: "Well, I don't want them doing that. I think that's wrong. I think that every American is outraged at the sight of Osama bin Laden and anything that he says about the American electoral process."
In fact, minutes after Al-Jazeera aired the terror tape, Kerry himself politicized the news, saying that bin Laden's continued survival was the result of Bush "outsourcing" the hunt for the terror chief in December 2001.
Editor's note:
grumpyBB
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good, screw him!!! He deserves to lose anyway.
deserturtle
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

backlash "he's feeling it"
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the NY Posts story about how Al Jazeera edited the Osama tape. Leaving out the parts where Osama admits the toll the war on terror has taken on Al Qaeda.

FULL TAPE AN OSAMA A WOE SHOW

By NILES LATHEM

October 31, 2004 -- Osama bin Laden doesn't seem nearly so cocky in the unedited version of a videotape aired on al-Jazeera, complaining that the manhunt against him has hampered al Qaeda. AFP/Getty ImagesBin Laden the impotent / Opinion: Page 27 Osama bin Laden's newest tape may have thrust him to the forefront of the presidential election, but what was not seen was the cave-dwelling terror lord talking about the setbacks al Qaeda has faced in recent months.

Officials said that in the 18-minute long tape — of which only six minutes were aired on the al-Jazeera Arab television network in the Middle East on Friday — bin Laden bemoans the recent democratic elections in Afghanistan and the lack of violence involved with it.

On the tape, bin Laden also says his terror organization has been hurt by the U.S. military's unrelenting manhunt for him and his cohorts on the Afghan-Pakistani border.

A portion of the left-out footage includes a tirade aimed at President Bush and his father, former President George H.W. Bush, claiming the war in Iraq is purely over oil.

http://www.nypost.com/cgi-bin/printfriendly.pl
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Oh La la ladidah Reply with quote

Boo Hoo Sniff. SCHNOORRKKK!!! I'm all busted up Twisted Evil

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
bk_mo
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: Kerry Reply with quote

When you think about it, JOHN KERRY is just as much an "ENEMY" to the United States as is OBL!

Kerry is also more of a THREAT to our Security.
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deserturtle wrote:
backlash "he's feeling it"

So are we! Very Happy And it feels gooooood.....
DaveS
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No surprise that portion is not aired or discussed by MSM.
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Lurch and Bin Laden have the same talking points - what are we to conclude??? Rolling Eyes

Debbie
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck the damned tape was only released with 6 minutes of the full 18, had they released it in its entirety Kerry would be truely hurting!
Osama went on to whine about the Democracy growing in Afghanistan and how badly AQ has been hurt the past couple years.
Damned MSM!! Evil or Very Mad
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: Kerry 'Outraged' Over bin Laden Tape Impact Reply with quote

Mary Ann Parker wrote:
Kerry told ABC News anchor Peter Jennings. "I'm outraged that he inserts himself in any kind of way into the electoral process of America."

And yet the Senator's "outrage" was conspicuously absent earlier this week when Muhammad al-Baradei and his buddies at the UN released their clearly politically-motivated (and incredibly unfounded) "missing explosives" report in an attempt to insert THEMselves into the American electoral process--

How very self-serving--And how very typical--Again, and always, the hypocrit!--C
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got that exactly right, Candi!

bin Laden to America: Please! Get George W. Bush off my @$$! I beg of you! If you do, I promise I won't do anything like I haven't been able to do while Bush was president, even though under Kerry I will be able to rebulid al Quaida as I did under Clinton! But never mind about that, and just vote for Kerry! Allah akbar! Give peace a chance! You can trust me!

No sale, binny baby. Twisted Evil
JannDallas
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you hear what the Republicans said, they said that Kerry had to wait to see what the polls said before he came out and mentioned anything. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. Laughing
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Well Lurch. If you are so outraged, get a movie camera and a grenade launcher and go find him. Should be easy for you..
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject: Janndallas..Look At The Cheney/Poll Post Reply with quote

Janndallas,
Look at the newest post re: Cheney/Poll..
Is that the one you were making reference to???
I am absolutely stunned on that.
Somehow I thought they did things with a little more vision.
Lord save us from all of them.
Mary Ann Parker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: