SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John O'Neill's "Unfit For Command" #1 Best Seller!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McCloud
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Crackpots? Reply with quote

Xrepublican, if anyone has the right to question Kerry's ability as a possible Commander in Chief it is these men. His grandstanding fallacious showboating 35 years ago IS relevant. He is the one who has made his Vietnam experience central to his run for office. So, when good decent honorable men try to bring out the truth about him, you repond with such venom. There is a book out suggesting ways to assasinate George Bush, but I guess that's all just in good fun. And Move on.Org ads are all just in good fun and not personal vicious attacks? Michael Moore's movie is chock full of lies and misrepresentations but that is all in good fun, Right? I don't care what your party affiliation is but I highly doubt you are an "XRepublican". If these "Old men" are such "Crackpots" why do you and your candidate feel so threatened? Wether these veterans are Democrats, Republicans or Independents they have certainly paid the price to have the protection of the first amendment. That is something you would be very well advised to reflect upon.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XRepub, it's not propaganda for men that served alongside Kerry to speak their minds today. His side has been trying to make it appear as if President Bush was a draft dodger, after defending an admitted draft dodger for 8 years and spent his time in the ANG drunk and AWOL, even though liberal media sources discredited this notion in the last election.

Your signature is misleading. The attacks that drug this country into a war were not because of Presdient Bush. They were being planned years before he took office and I, for one, thank God we finally have a man who is willing to confront and try to end this menace and not just send some blind sheik to prison for a few years.
republicanveteran
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read the first chapter. it is dy-no-mite
MarkRock
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Release Date Reply with quote

Did Drudge say that the book won't be released until August 15? I thought the release date was August 10th. I have already read the "free" Chapter 3. Can't wait to get my copy.
McCloud
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered mine Friday night and ordered a second one today to go out to my nephew aboard the Stennis (CVN74). Can't wait to read it.
flashback
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Swift Boat Vets...We Salute You! Reply with quote

You guys are showing the courage yet again that makes this country great and America appreciates your efforts.
Thank You for your service: Past, Present, and Future!!!!!!
good_show
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee, I wonder if 60 Minutes will have him on to talk about the book.
PhuCat to Phu Quoc
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kate wrote:
Didnt see anything about the book on the front page...maybe a link reference or link should
go there?

How's this?

Did Jane Fonda help the North Vietnamese communists?
http://vikingphoenix.com/politics/polls/jfondapoll-1.htm
PhuCat to Phu Quoc
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: John O'Neill's "Unfit For Command" debuts Aug Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
The new book, "Unfit for Command", will be released on August 10. Swift veteran John O’Neill presents eyewitness accounts from Kerry’s fellow Swift sailors that demolish his tales of combat heroism, while Dr. Jerry Corsi exposes Kerry’s radical activities with Vietnam Veterans Against the War.

For Chrissakes! First they said it was due in September, then somebody started saying "Sometime in August", and then last week they were saying "August 15th", but now.... it's out TOMORROW!?

I'd like to put this book alongside Douglas "Gang of 400" Brinkley's puff piece bio on Kerry Tour of Duty, and Kerry's own book.

I guess I'll go check my order at Amazon.com, mine must be about ready to ship! I can hardly wait! Well, I checked. Ships to me between Sept 30 - October 2. I'm ballistic.

Last edited by PhuCat to Phu Quoc on Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:33 am; edited 1 time in total
JT8D
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: A Quick Response Reply with quote

Good Evening Swifties:

First post, so I will be brief. Noted that FOX NEWS SUNDAY (08/08/04) derided your valiant efforts to bring the truth about John Kerry to the American public. Shame on them, for they prove themselves to be a lighter shade of the same cowardly cogs that dominate the lamestream press--liberal puff propaganda pimps, pretending to be "fair and balanced"... B.S.

I thank you for your service to this nation, both in Vietnam and here in our time of struggle against "the enemy within."

Do not lose heart. Fight on. You are the best. May God carry you foward to victory.

JT8D
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jt8D...you realize, of course, what's going on here. If they acknowledge the veracity of the Swifvets claims, it's a tacit admission that THEY have been ABYSMAL failures in their OWN duty to inform the American people.

BLOGGERS!

TARGET IDENTIFIED & IN RANGE!

FIRE FOR EFFECT!
gilliam
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can enter reviews of the book on Barnes and Noble today, here:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?userid=ye7B4Mq9bF&cds2Pid=5576&isbn=0895260174
PhuCat to Phu Quoc
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gilliam wrote:
You can enter reviews of the book on Barnes and Noble today, here:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?userid=ye7B4Mq9bF&cds2Pid=5576&isbn=0895260174

Or, use - http://shorterlink.com/?UM9G2X

There are two reviews so far, one from the publisher, and this partisan gem claiming to be nonpartisan.

Dana Mordue, interested in nonpartisan info., August 10, 2004: "A continuation of President Nixon's campaign President Richard Nixon initiated a smear campaign against a 'young war hero' who had joined the anti- Vietnam war movement. He also chose his as his own spokesman the pro-administration veteran John O'Neill. This book claims John O'Neill and the contributors served with John Kerry while the truth is very few served with him or had any personel contact with him. The books content largely appears to consist of opionions of people who resented his stance on the Vietnam war and the book needs to be read carefully to discern the voices of those who actually served with John Kerry in Vietnam."

Oh, and by the way; I'm a Vietnam Veteran against John Kerry
http://vikingphoenix.com/e2004/vietnamvetsagainstkerry.htm

Orolonn
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
If they can set up an account with amazonassociates pretty quick, they can have a link on the front page that pays pretty well, too.

Was there ever an account set up? If so, where can I find the link? I haven't bought the book yet, and would most definately use a link that gives back to SBVT!

Thanks.
nelsonstory
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ty for letting me join yr group I am a disability retired vet from the viet nam war i was and still am a marine as we all know once a marine allways a marine Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command" All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: