SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John O'Neill's "Unfit For Command" #1 Best Seller!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireBoss59
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: But The Book......!! Reply with quote

I haven't gotten it as of yet, same thing here in my area, bookstores haven't got it yet. BUT, seeing that the "profit" is going to help others.!! I MAY BUY MORE THAN ONE COPY.!!! And knowing that alot of "trolls" aren't buying, makes my chances BETTER of getting more than one............!!LOL

All I've heard about "The Book" since it came out, is "LAW SUITES"... What about "the TRUTH" they keep saying that the book "ISN'T"....??????! They are just trying to stop the Swifts, the book, and THE TRUTH.!! And it's not "Their TRUTH, but the REAL TRUTH, you see, the TRUTH scars the HELL out of'em, and they can't stand it...!!!

Let me ask something here, I don't know if it would help Kerry or The Swifts, but wouldn't the "truth" Kerry keeps saying is "his truth", be helped if he were .....let's say..... "sign" to release is "records"...??

Just wondering...........

Craig
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John O'Neill knows full well that the Kerry campaign isn't going to sue him. He has invited them to do so on at least two television interviews. Wink

John O'Neill is partner in his own law firm - I don't think he'd make that kind of invititation if he wasn't rock solid on his ground.

He knows that for Kerry to sue would open Kerry's very private records - the ones he's fought so hard to keep from public view. As Kerry USED to like to say, "BRING IT ON!!!!!"

Twisted Evil
8Sons
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

I am truely grateful for men such as the swift vets who are taking a stand. Of course O'Neill is not afraid of any law suits from Kerry's camp...He has the supreme court behind him. They setteled this issue over 30 years ago during the civil rights movement and upheld the our First Amendment Right to free speech. Especially when the subject included public servents and thier conduct.

How Kerry got this far is amazing to me. I have no wish to send any of my sons to war, but I have tried to instill in them a sense of patriotism and pride in the U.S.A., and will be first in line to have them defend those constitutional freedoms that Kerry's lawyers are trying to rob from so many others. I believe He is an evil, childish, man who has and will stop at nothing to get what his self-indulgant mind wants.

I am proud of my grandfathers who have fought for our freedom and that of many other nations since the 1700's and ask that you keep up the work you have started. I'm telling every one I know about you and my sons will be reading your book!!!!
Very Happy Very Happy
coffee
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received an email from Amazon.com saying that my book has been shipped. Can't wait until it gets here!!!
Sting2114
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to a Barnes and Noble today nearby to try and pick up "Unfit for Command". They tried telling me that it was being pushed back by the publisher to August 13 or something like that. I looked at'em like they were crazy and proceeded to explain that their information was wrong because I've already heard stories about people in other cities buying/seeing them.

Later on, they couldn't back up their story anymore when I had them checked another location which had 16 copies. Gee, what happened there? Some other Barnes and Noble must be breaking the law. LOL!

I decided I'm not going to do business w/Barnes and Noble. Not just because of what happened to today, but what happens anytime a big time "right winger" book comes out. They "suddenly" lost their copies, put them up so high you can find them/see them (even w/their help), and so on. Barnes and Noble might not be so bad in every other town, but here in Louisville, KY...They are not to be trusted/supported.
wpage
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Barnes & Nobles is known for their liberal point of view Reply with quote

Barnes & Nobles is known for their liberal point of view. I definitely do not purchase from them if at all possible. I agree thet it seems that they intentionally put off the release or place the books they don't like in hidden places.
www.thebattleofkontum.com
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered mine from Amazon on July 28. They're now saying Aug 17 on my order. Local books stores say they don't know when

Ordered 3 more copies from the publisher today. They're promised to arrive Monday....via expensive Fedex.

Last edited by ASPB on Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
tngator
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ordered mine on 8/6 and they are still saying 8/26-8/28. might see if I can find one locally this weekend and then give the amazon one away when I get it.
Voodoo
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Books-A-Million. I ordered on-line yesterday morning, and it shipped yesterday afternoon.
www.bamm.com

Semper Fi
coop223
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pre ordered mine from amazon a few weeks ago. haven't recieved it yet but can't wait. Donated more money to your group last night after watching the dispicable treatment of Mr. O'Neill from Matthews and especially Carville. Keep up your great work and I support you 110%.
Kerry is a fraud.

v/r Derek Cooper
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Unfit Reply with quote

Last night, I tried to pick one up at Border's and was told they would be available in September. Huh?
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my yesterday! So far, so good. Actually I had stopped in at Borders and 1 of the 7 put on "hold" when they came in...I stopped by everyday for the post week to find out when it was coming in. I ran over to the mall and found a copy and Waldenbooks and picked it up...got home today and Borders had a message saying my order was in...YIPEE. Plan on finishing it tonight!!!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying reeeeally hard not to whiiiine about mine not being here yet. Wink

Any of you with commissary priveleges, you can go and register with AAFES online, then go to the Centric Mall booksamillion link to order your book.

That way, you get their Millionaire's Club discount and Armed Forces Morale Welfare and Recreation departments get a small donation with each book ordered.
llano
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:25 am    Post subject: I just checked Reply with quote

I just checked and Amazon said that mine shipped Friday the 13th. Sounds like bad luck for John Forbes Kerry. Very Happy
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine at Borders yesterday. I didn't see any up front so I asked
the clerk if they had them and she told me they were in the "Politics"
section buried in the back of the book section. Huh? Anyhow, I went
back there and there was this guy and his wife back there. He didn't
say a thing, just handed me a copy...the last one. He had one along
with a copy of "Tour Of Duty". I said "Thanks Shipmate" and he gave
me a grin.

When I was paying for it, the clerk noted that there WAS several copies
on the wall in back of the register.

On the way home, I passed by the Barnes & Nobel. They say that there
is a shipment due on the 15th. Sunday? They deliver on Sunday? Oh
well.

So I got buried in it last night and came up for air about where the
pictures start. That's one good read.

Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command" All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: