SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John O'Neill's "Unfit For Command" #1 Best Seller!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at BN hourly Top 100 "Unfit for Command" is usually #1 or #2. The weekly Top 10 is for Aug 1-7 which is prior to the books release.Currently BN has "Unfit for Command" listed as shipping in 2-3 days.

I didn't know libs were now reduced to hiding the book to keep people from reading it, that's pretty pathetic since it won't stop anyone from buying the book. Of course these are the same people who hacked BNs website last week and have tried to post phoney editorials at amazon. Could it be they feel things slipping away?
rlmorel
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have told the story of how I went to my local Barnes and Noble, and the people at the information counter got irritated when I asked for the book. The guy said it was coming out Sept 15th, and when I told him it came out on August 10th, the guy threw his hands in the air and wondered aloud "where people were getting that misinformation"!

I use Audible.com, and they must be completely run by liberals, as they usually don't stock many conservative books (though I have found a few!) No sign of Unfit there!
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine in...and WOW!!! What a book. I am halfway through it and while I never supported John Kerry makes me wonder how ANYONE could.

I actually had picked my up at Waldonbooks and it was on the counter by the register. I had placed one of the seven Borders had due in on hold but since I found it picked it up. I stopped by Borders and told them I had already picked up and copy and to go ahead and give it to the next person as they had "several" people inquire just today. Amazing how these liberal stores have all kinds of Bush-bashing laying around.

Maybe they will have to get more in then...
Redview
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: gold Reply with quote

If it gets out that the book is a little hard to come by,

human beings, being as they are, they will just want it

more.

Its pretty much all good at this point.
Sisku Hanne
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I already ordered it online through HumanEventsOnline.com, I stopped at Borders to check for a copy but they were sold out. As I placed an order, my enthusiastic conversation with the clerk caught the attention of an older lady, who also decide to order one. Our chatting caught the ears of 3 other ladies who jumped in line to place their order, LOL! The clerk said it's been the hottest request.

When my copy arrives, maybe I'll perch in a prominent spot and read it there!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I can finally quit whining! My book is here, today and let me tell you, in nine pages, it's got me boggled and hooked.

The opening is so completely illustrative of John F'n Kerry's entire attitude, history and career.

At a Swifts' gathering, all the Swifts are introduced and get applause to wild applause. But when Kerry is introduced, the silence is so uncomfortable that the master of ceremonies is forced to admit that he must have laid an egg on that one. Embarassed

Kerry is there for a photo-op with a restored Swift boat. A few agree to stand with him.

He then leaves the gathering, before the service to commemorate the fallen Swifts. Mad

As a former squid (a shorebound squid, even!) I was appalled.

Oh well, what could it hurt, SENATOR - to spit on your "brothers" ONE MORE TIME??? Mad
nikos1121
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Unfit for Command/Jeremiah Denten Speaks Out on Kerry Reply with quote

I picked up a copy of UNFIT FOR COMMAND at the Chicago Downtown Borders on Sunday. Oddly, the girl at the Information Desk did not know of the book and directed me downstairs to where I found it, inconspicuously on a table of other "Political" Books and not upstairs on the New Releases rack.

I was conforted by the fact that all copies in the store that day had sold, (I got the last copy,) despite the difficulty of finding the book.

About two-thirds of the way through, the book talks about POWs and their lingering opinion of Kerry and how his protests state-side had made their captivity more difficult. At this point, I thought of Jeremiah Denton, the former US Senator and POW.

Searching the net I found this letter by him written to the Alabama Register this past March. I think it should be read by everyone who plans to vote. Remember, he wrote this letter in March of this year.

Nick

A Fmr. Senator Dishes on Kerry
By Jeremiah Denton
Mobile (Alabama) Register | March 10, 2004

Knowing that I served in the U.S. Senate with John Kerry and that, like him, I am a veteran of the Vietnam War, many people have asked me what I think of him, particularly now that he's the apparent presidential nominee of the Democratic Party.

When Kerry joined me in the Senate, I already knew about his record of defamatory remarks and behavior criticizing U.S. policy in Vietnam and the conduct of our military personnel there. I had learned in North Vietnamese prisons how much harm such statements caused.

To me, his remarks and behavior amounted to giving aid and comfort to our Vietnamese and Soviet enemies. So I was not surprised when his subsequent overall voting pattern in the Senate was consistently detrimental to our national security.

Considering his demonstrated popularity during the Democratic primaries, I earnestly hope the American people will soberly consider Kerry's qualifications for the pres idency in light of his position and record on both our cultural war at home and on national security issues.

To put it bluntly, John Kerry exemplifies the very reasons that I switched to the Republican Party. Like the majority in his political party, he has proven by his words and actions that his list of priorities -- his ideas on what most needs to be done to improve this country -- are almost opposite to my own.

Here are two issue areas that I consider top priorities: the war over the soul of America, and national security.

Top priority should be placed on an effort to recover our most fundamental founding belief that our national objectives, policies and laws should reflect obedience to the will of Almighty God. Our Declaration of Independence, our national Constitution and each of the states' constitutions stress that basic American national principle.

For about 200 years, the entire country, both parties and all branches of government understood that principle and tried to follow it, if imperfectly.

For some 50 years, our nation's opinion-makers, our courts and, gradually, our politicians have been abandoning our historical effort to be "one nation under God" in favor of becoming "one nation without God," with glaringly unfavorable results.

I believe our political leaders, educational system, parents and opinion-makers must all return to teaching the truth most emphasized by our Founding Fathers.

George Washington called religious belief indispensable to the prosperity of our democracy. William Penn said, "Men must choose to be governed by God or condemn themselves to be ruled by tyrants." And when asked what caused the Civil War, President Lincoln said, "We have forgotten God."

In these days we have not only forgotten God, we are by our new standards of government and culture rejecting him as the acknowledged creator and as the endower of our rights.

As a result, we are suffering cultural decay and human unhappiness. The decline of the institution of the family is the most obvious result.

Perhaps the current movie, "The Passion of the Christ," will help many to come to realize the cost of the redemption of our sins, and the destructiveness of sin.

Let's remember that over 95 percent of Americans during our founding days were Christians, and though our Founding Fathers stipulated that no one was to be compelled to believe in any religion, and also stipulated that there would be no single Christian denomination installed as a national religion, there was no question that our laws were to be firmly based on the Judean Ten Commandments and on Christ's mandate to love your neighbor as you love yourself.

That setup brought us amazing success as a nation, lifting us from our humble beginnings, through crisis after crisis, to become the leading nation of the world.

Now, though, we are throwing away the very source of our strength and greatness. Yet I am not giving up on our country. I am encouraged at the stand and the attitude of our president, and inspired by his courage. There are many more of his stripe in Washington now.

Though Rome and other empires have decayed and fallen, the cultural war in the United States can and should be won by the majority of Americans -- a majority to whom Kerry and the Democrats disdainfully refer to as the "far right." They are people who believe in God and in the original concept of "one nation under God."

As a nation, we are now at the point of no return. The good guys are finally angry enough to join the fray, and I pray we are not too late.

John Kerry is not among the good guys. The Democratic Party isn't, either.

Indeed, on the subject of national security, John Kerry epitomizes a fatal weakness in the Democratic Party.

During the decisive days of the Cold War, after the Democratic Party changed during the mid-1960s, the party was on the wrong side of every strategic debate on policy regarding Vietnam and the USSR, and is now generally on the wrong side in the war on terrorism.

The truth is that the Cold War was barely won by a narrow margin -- a victory and a margin determined by the political choices made by our government regarding suitable steps to deter Soviet attack and finally win the Cold War.

If the U.S. had followed the Democratic Party line, the Cold War would have concluded with the U.S. having to surrender without a fight, or the U.S. would have been defeated in a nuclear war with acceptable losses to the USSR.

It was not Johnson and Carter and the Democrats; it was Nixon, Reagan, George Bush and the Republicans who led us to victory in the Cold War.

And George W. Bush and the Republican majority -- not John Kerry and the Democrats -- can lead us to victory in the war on terrorism.

--Jeremiah Denton
cdbarker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: UNFIT FOR COMMAND HARD TO FIND Reply with quote

Very Happy I finally reserved my copy of "the book" at our local bookstore. Was traveling on the 15th when it came out and tried over two states to get a copy. Began early morning and had my husband stop at every town we passed (some we had to detour). It was sold out in every store. I was told at one bookstore that Wal-Mart got 150 copies and hurried over only to find out them all sold. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK VETS, WE NEED YOU IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE!
Sisku Hanne
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All my local stores are out but I am signing up for a copy at every book store in the area, including inquiring at the local University bookstore.
(As long as a bookstore has one of those ISBN databases, either computer or on microfiche, they can order it.)
Whoever gets it in first wins my money, but then the other stores will have one more copy on hand to sell or display....or should I say hide away in a corner, LOL!
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: STILL NUMBER 1!!! Reply with quote

My review at B&N:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?userid=ye7bGpp9fS&cds2Pid=5576&isbn=0895260174

I wrote a somewhat longer review at Amazon earlier today; hasn't shown up yet. From the bushwa, ad hominem, anti-Swiftee reviews I saw there, I'm really considering future business with Amazon. The jury is still out, but they appear to be a bit biased!

Semper Fi! Tear 'em up, Swiftees!
MarkRock
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject: Still Number #1 on Amazon Reply with quote

I received my copy of Unfit for Command by mail from Amazon on Tuesday and finished reading it this morning. Considering that I placed my order last Thursday evening, I'd say Amazon shipped the book quickly.

It's an excellent book, though much of the second half of the book is devoted to Kerry's anti-war activities that I was already somewhat familiar with. But overall, I think it's an excellent book and a must read for any middle-of-the-road voter who is thinking about voting for Kerry.

To those people I say: Read the book before you vote.

I appreciate what the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth are doing and I am considering making a contribution to their advertising campaign.
dog teacher
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: No book at Borders Reply with quote

I tried to purchase a copy of 'the book', last Sat. at Borders. There were none! I was told that it would have to be ordered. There were currently 12 copies on order, that is all they were getting and that my order would be in the second printing! No date. In other words.... they wouldn't be getting any for display, the first edition was spoken for. Sure did have a LOT of ANTI-BUSH books on the shelf!
Howitzer
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my book last night and have read about 3/4 of it.....I am not a fan of reading and haven't read a book for years, I can not put this book down! The only time I put it down is to let my emotions cool down. I am a vet and served during the era of Nam, but never spent time there, and frankly have always felt embarrassed by that. Serving on an 8" Howitzer unit in Baumholder Germany was a pretty docile assigment.
I want to say Thank you to all the vets that served everywhere and especially Nam.....but I especially want to thank all those associated with the SBVT for doing what you are doing now. John O'Neill, you have my vote for President should you desire to run....(in 4 more years...Bush gets my vote this time)!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL! GOD BLESS AMERICA !

Howitzer
7/16th FA
Baumholder, Germany
1971 - 1973
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Unfit for command Reply with quote

Just ordered the book from Newsmax.
Will be receiving two free books including UNFIT.
Person will have to sign up for a year of Newsmax however but that will support balanced news.

George
USS Buchanan DDG-14
Tonkin Gulf
1961-65
spottedeagleboy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: "UNFIT FOR COMMAND" angered me Reply with quote

(excuse my spelling, I am an educated guy, who unfortunately, am too lazy to pick up a dictionary when I'm writing about something I'm passionate about)

I bought the book Friday afternoon. Here, in Alamogordo, NM, our local bookstore ordered 41 copies. I bought the second to the last one. The book 'flew' off the shelves. I sat down to read 'Unfit for Command', and found myself getting so angry, that I had to put the book down and think about why this book was so upsetting to me. I turned on the T.V. at one point and there was Kerry's face. I almost shot my T.V. I can't let Kerry have that much power in my life. Thank you Swiftboat vets and John O'Neil for writting 'Unfit for Command'.
John Kerry is a legend only to the communists in Viet Nam and here in the United States. In WWII America saw genuine legends defeating the Axis and Hilter, around the world. We saw George Patton, Jimmy Dolittle, and Dwight Eisenhower prosecute a tough war which cost the lives of real American heroes. John Kerry has orchestrated his Viet Nam heroism at the expense of the 'Espirit de Corp' of our fighting men and women. Of course I believe the Swiftboat vets. The main constant of 'Unfit for Command' is the dedication to the unit and the unflinching courage of the Swiftees to carry out their missions. Second to the unit comarodery is the abomination of Kerry's cowardice, orchestrated military escapade home movies, and his treasonist activities back in the U.S.
I served in the Infantry in the Army. We used to call phonies like Kerry 'PX Rangers'.
Kerry can never be commander in chief. This book will accomplish the diminishment of Kerry's campaign and pervent him from winning the Presidency.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command" All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: